• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SaraJR

DIS Veteran
My fiance a I want to return to WDW in 2017 september or october for MNSSHP , what new lands / rides will be open? are any of the already announced changes going to be later than that?

I believe Disney Springs will be totally done by then and Avatarland in Animal Kingdom should be open. None of the new lands for DHS have dates yet, but I would be surprised if anything is open before 2018 at the earliest, with Star Wars land likely later than that (2020 or so)

Other smaller things will be open like the new Skipper Canteen restaurant in MK, etc.

My fiance a I want to return to WDW in 2017 september or october for MNSSHP , what new lands / rides will be open? are any of the already announced changes going to be later than that?
Rivers of light opens spring 2016
Toy Story is possible late 2017 or early 2018

AK's new Sunset Kilimanjaro safari (with the hyenas) should be opening by/in early spring 2016. The hyenas are already there for the regular daylight safari. Saw them 3 weeks ago.

aw i was really hoping star wats would be open in time the original plan (which might be swapped due to this information) was 2017 WDW and 2020 DL (honeymoon), but star wars is his favourite so maybe we will swap that and do DL 2017 and WDW 2020

aw i was really hoping star wats would be open in time the original plan (which might be swapped due to this information) was 2017 WDW and 2020 DL (honeymoon), but star wars is his favourite so maybe we will swap that and do DL 2017 and WDW 2020
I honestly wouldn't even bank on it being open in 2020.
Just the ground work that they need to do to even be able to start actual construction isn't scheduled to be finished until 2018 (based off a permit Pete read maybe 3-4 weeks ago on the show)

but after star wars land opens WDW will have way more, unless DL is also getting one? I've been too what WDW currently has for star wars i was hoping to go back once there is more

but after star wars land opens WDW will have way more, unless DL is also getting one? I've been too what WDW currently has for star wars i was hoping to go back once there is more
Disneyland will also be getting a Star Wars Land - construction on the infrastructure around it is supposed to start early next year, I haven't heard anyone guess at an end date yet.

oh awesome so i guess it wont matter unless one opens sooner than the other :) i still want to go to both

oh awesome so i guess it wont matter unless one opens sooner than the other :) i still want to go to both
As far as I know they should open at the same time or relatively close to each other. With that said there are strong rumors of even more coming to DHS. Phase one Toy story land likely in early 2018. Phase 2 Star Wars likely in 2019. Phase 3 (not confirmed but heavily rumored to be either monsters inc or incredibles) in 2020.

thats awesome, now that iv been to WDW i do want to go to DL because i havent been, we will probably choose the order based on the opening on star wars in HS as DL is all new to us but we have been to WDW as is

thats awesome, now that iv been to WDW i do want to go to DL because i havent been, we will probably choose the order based on the opening on star wars in HS as DL is all new to us but we have been to WDW as is
The problem is, we probably won't know the opening date by your 2017 trip.
Also, from what I understand, both parks are getting the same rides, so I don't know that one would have more than the other

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter