2017 WDW Adventure Info

DisneyKevin

Kelvis
Super Moderator
I have just learned that all dates for the 2017 Walt Disney World Adventure are on waitlist.

ABD is not taking reservations for any 2017 WDW Adventure departure.

They will place you on a waitlist and let you know if that trip will depart as scheduled.

Kevin@DreamsUnlimitedTravel

Wow. Has response been that bad? I think it's grossly over-priced for what it is; apparently I'm not the only one who thinks that.

Sayhello

It looks like they are now staying at the Yacht Club. I love the Polynesian but the Yacht Club is very nice. I agree with you SayHello This trip did not hold much interest for us. We are DVC members and are staying in the Bungalows this summer and are still spending less for this trip. Interesting developments.

I have done most of the activities on the itinerary and the trip does not interest me, my DW, or my DS. I think we all would rather go on an international adventure for that kind of money.

Interesting @DisneyKevin. I'm guessing this is not because they are all booked up, right? More like the response was underwhelming?

As with @WebmasterMike above, we have no interest in this trip either. We've done just about all the things ourselves during various other events at WDW. Yes, including a visit to old St. Cloud.

I know someone booked on one of these trips and she's got 8 people booked on her dates. So I would definitely say it's not that popular. For that price, it's not worth it. I just booked round trip airfare to South East Asia for 2 people for less than what it would cost 1 person to take this trip. Totally not worth the cost in my opinion

I have had several guests wish to book this Adventure., but apparently not enough.

I guess value is in the eye of the beholder.

Hi, I am one of the people interested in the trip. I just took the Southern California ABD a couple months ago, and the last time I was in WDW was at least 15 years ago, so I am interested in what is on offer. To me, it doesn't seem too much more expensive than the one I just took.

The main negative for me on the Florida trip is the forever Florida day, I'd rather spend more time at the parks, but I'm sure that the guides would still make it enjoyable.

I am working with Kevin's company to see if they can come up with something similar for me, although I will miss the ABD experience. I do hope ABD does decide to go ahead with at least some of the trips.

I should add that I didn't try to book a vacation until I saw their were all wait listed, maybe others were waiting too?

That's too bad! I wasn't thinking about this trip for next year, but I definitely wanted to do it at some point in the future. I thought it looked like a good trip!

I think part of the problem is Disney came out with too many trips for this trip to begin with. I think it was a bit of overkill to offer this trip every week for a 6 month period. I realize there was a demand for this trip but I don't know if the demand was truly that high to warrant 26 trips in the first year. I think they could have started out offering 1-2 trips a month and then added from there. Now they have way too many trips and not enough people to fill them so they are having to waitlist trips to see if they can get enough people to have the trips go ahead instead of having to add a trip to accommodate more people. It's easier to add a trip, especially to a place like WDW, when you have the demand, than to have to ask people to rearrange their plans last minute because you don't have the demand for the supply you have. I know someone who is booked to take this trip and is now waitlisted because her trip has 8 people on it. She's coming from California and now doesn't know if her trip is even going to go or not and may not know until 60 days out. And for those of us WDW regulars, that's not a lot of time to secure your ideal hotel, dining and fastpasses depending on when you're going if your trip falls through. She's actually going to book her own trip to WDW with hotel, dining and fastpasses on the off chance her ABD gets cancelled and will cancel her own trip if her ABD does in fact go ahead.

If you go on the ABD site now, they have gutted the # of trips for 2017, so I agree with you, they did book too many trips. They are still all wait listed though. The one I am interested in is still there thankfully. Guess I just have to wait.

Again, for me it's convenience in which I just book the one trip, don't have to worry about fast passes, etc. yes, it's more expensive than doing everything myself or even with the help of a TA, but the extra perks that you get can be arguably worth it, if you haven't been to WDW or haven't been there in a while, like me.

I have been wondering if these "problems" could be a sign of another corporation getting too large and losing control of it's main focus? We traveled to WDW last Feb. and found the service and overall attitude poor. We had a major problem where in our past visits would have been taken care of promptly was just met by confusion and "passing the buck" amongst the CMs. It seems that Disney may be going down the same road as General Motors in the 70's and has grown too large and focus is put on out put rather than quality. Four billion dollars is a lot of money to pay back and with the recent movie flops and now stories of Star Wars re-shoots some may be a little nervous to say the least. Just a thought.

I have been wondering if these "problems" could be a sign of another corporation getting too large and losing control of it's main focus? We traveled to WDW last Feb. and found the service and overall attitude poor. We had a major problem where in our past visits would have been taken care of promptly was just met by confusion and "passing the buck" amongst the CMs. It seems that Disney may be going down the same road as General Motors in the 70's and has grown too large and focus is put on out put rather than quality. Four billion dollars is a lot of money to pay back and with the recent movie flops and now stories of Star Wars re-shoots some may be a little nervous to say the least. Just a thought.

Last edited:
This thread is about the WDW Adventures being waitlisted.

If you would like to discuss your feelings regarding how Disney and ABD are run, there are other threads dealing with that.

Thanks for keeping this thread on track.

The DWorld trip is 7 days $5,000 and the DLand trip is 6 days and around $3000 maybe less or more depending on when you go. I would love to take this trip not having done some of the behind the scenes stuff and not having been to the other places in a long time but just can't justify the cost especially since to do DLand by itself is more expensive than DWorld (if you stay at a moderate at each).

With the early bird discounts, I was quoted about 4200 a person for the trip, but yeah, it probably is not worth it for many, especially once early bird expires.

I loved the ABD Backstage Magic DL, but big reasons for going were Jim Henson Studios, Disney Studios, and Imagineering. Unfortunately Orlando just can't compete with that. Other than NASA, there's nothing on that level outside the WDW parks, and there's not enough exclusive backstage actives inside the parks to make it worth while.

During our ABD CA trip last oct, there were people on the tour who were developing the WDW trip, and joined with us on activities to see what is done and how it is done in CA. They asked us questions about our favorite parts, and they were taking lots of notes and it was really cool to have a heads-up that this was coming...but I am surprised it was this soon.

We are closer to WDW FL, but we are still interested in doing ABD FL in 2018 or 2019, after the new stuff is opened. I think behind the scenes access for the new stuff would be epic, and since we only go to WDW every 5 years on the platinum plan, this seems to be around the same value for us. For those who go every year, I would think, would not be ideal, but for special occasion WDW trips....perfect. (2018 would be our 15th anniversary, and we went to WDW on our honeymoon, 5th anniversary, and 10th, all on the platinum plan.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter