• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2017 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 31, 2017 - November 13, 2017

Hi, this will be my first time to F&W, and I'm going with a friend for a girl day, no kids. :yay: I wasn't quite sure, do *all* the F&W booths open at 11, even the ones in Future world and Showcase Plaza? I was just making sure.

And then, do you have any suggestions on strategy for this? :worship: I went through all the menus using lists I found online, correlated what booths we thought we were interested in to reviews. Now I'm narrowing it to a priority list. But really, how much do you eat? Honestly, we don't drink at all, neither of us. Is the food in the stalls enough that as you eat at booth after booth you're like oh, that was good, now I'm full? Or do I still need lunch and dinner reservations? I have lunch at Les Chefs, where I thought we could just split an onion soup and croque monsieur, and then I have dinner at Le Hacienda. I had seen it last time (January) and wanted to try it. I also thought maybe there was some merit to having meal reservations just to get out of the heat, rest, plug in the ECV...

Is there anything else I need to know/realize? Mainly, do I want a solid meal on top of the scraps and pieces from the booths, or are the booths enough? Oh, and the other thing is, I don't eat beef or shellfish of any kind. Almost everything I'm finding for *me* is desserts. I think I could survive it for lunch with the booths in Future World West. Like I think that might be pretty filling. I don't know, I wanted to go but now I don't know what this is like and how it's going to work out, lol. Do you literally just eat a little at EVERY BOOTH and keep going? Or do people pick just a few and then hit a restaurant?

Is Chocolate Experience in the Festival Center worth going to? It seems sort of out of the way. Does it open at 11? I was interested in the Ghiradelli Drinking Chocolate there. Is anything interesting in that building BESIDES the chocolate? Does that stuff open up earlier and then the Chocolate Experience booth opens at 11??

One or the other. You can do booths or restaurants but both is too much The portions are small but not "scraps"".

Hi, this will be my first time to F&W, and I'm going with a friend for a girl day, no kids. :yay: I wasn't quite sure, do *all* the F&W booths open at 11, even the ones in Future world and Showcase Plaza? I was just making sure.

And then, do you have any suggestions on strategy for this? :worship: I went through all the menus using lists I found online, correlated what booths we thought we were interested in to reviews. Now I'm narrowing it to a priority list. But really, how much do you eat? Honestly, we don't drink at all, neither of us. Is the food in the stalls enough that as you eat at booth after booth you're like oh, that was good, now I'm full? Or do I still need lunch and dinner reservations? I have lunch at Les Chefs, where I thought we could just split an onion soup and croque monsieur, and then I have dinner at Le Hacienda. I had seen it last time (January) and wanted to try it. I also thought maybe there was some merit to having meal reservations just to get out of the heat, rest, plug in the ECV...

Is there anything else I need to know/realize? Mainly, do I want a solid meal on top of the scraps and pieces from the booths, or are the booths enough? Oh, and the other thing is, I don't eat beef or shellfish of any kind. Almost everything I'm finding for *me* is desserts. I think I could survive it for lunch with the booths in Future World West. Like I think that might be pretty filling. I don't know, I wanted to go but now I don't know what this is like and how it's going to work out, lol. Do you literally just eat a little at EVERY BOOTH and keep going? Or do people pick just a few and then hit a restaurant?

Is Chocolate Experience in the Festival Center worth going to? It seems sort of out of the way. Does it open at 11? I was interested in the Ghiradelli Drinking Chocolate there. Is anything interesting in that building BESIDES the chocolate? Does that stuff open up earlier and then the Chocolate Experience booth opens at 11??

The booths all open at 11. The festival center, however, opens at 9. That's the largest concentration of festival merchandise as well as the chocolate experience, wine shop etc.

As for booths vs. table service, you definitely could just make meals out of the booths if you wanted to. I do enjoy having one sit-down meal, as you said as a planned way to get out of the heat and sit down for a while but it is challenging not to fill up and have an appetite. If this is your one trip and objective is to try as much as possible, focusing on booths might be better. No right/wrong - just preference. By the way, no more croque monsieur at Chefs - they went to an all day menu a while back.

Studying the menus and prioritizing is a good strategy. Have fun!!

So I just got my Mickey Monitor and it mentioned Passholder Exclusive beverages, but it didn't say what they were. Anyone have any ideas?

The booths all open at 11. The festival center, however, opens at 9. That's the largest concentration of festival merchandise as well as the chocolate experience, wine shop etc.

As for booths vs. table service, you definitely could just make meals out of the booths if you wanted to. I do enjoy having one sit-down meal, as you said as a planned way to get out of the heat and sit down for a while but it is challenging not to fill up and have an appetite. If this is your one trip and objective is to try as much as possible, focusing on booths might be better. No right/wrong - just preference. By the way, no more croque monsieur at Chefs - they went to an all day menu a while back.

Studying the menus and prioritizing is a good strategy. Have fun!!

Thanks! We've both been before to Epcot, so it's more just having a fun girl day and trying the Fest. I'm cluing in on the merchandise gig. Is there anything you particularly like to buy when you're there? Anything to watch for? I thought I read about a Remy pin or something. I've never done pins, but a momento would be fun. :)

Did you tend to do your planned/rest meal for lunch or dinner? I'm thinking dinner, but I was just curious.

Thanks for the heads-up on Chefs. I didn't realize that! I was using a printed book and apparently didn't check online, oops. :oops:

All of my meals with the exception of breakfast one one F&W special F&W pairing meal come from F&W over the course of a 6 day trip, so I would say no you don't need to eat anywhere else. I seem to remember a number of booths having non beef and pork offerings.

I asked this elsewhere, but how are sunday nights during the F&W festival? I'd like to attend on Sept 10th but I will also have my young son with me.

Doesn't look like the cranberry bog is returning this year.
Darn. That's one of the things I really enjoy seeing. A few years back for the wine and dine half marathon I got to watch the people inside it dance to thriller. It's one of my favorite race moments.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter