• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2017 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 31, 2017 - November 13, 2017

Not saying there isn't still work to be done, but THESE DAYS (not 5+ years ago) I'd rather roll the dice online than deal with this LUDICROUS calling situation. I mean... some people getting a busy signal for AN HOUR?!?!? Come on now. Enough of living in the 80's, Disney.

Agreed - I don't know why we can't do this all online. I get it may overwhelm the servers but I feel terrible for the CMs who are not provided with the information they require to do their jobs and I feel terrible for people who are on hold for a long time and still don't get a knowledgeable CM/have to waste a ton of their time to book stuff.

that said we all share responsibility for this: despite the fact that all the information is released last minute and despite the fact that booking is a hot mess, I keep doing this year after year after year. so disney has no incentive to do it better.

...I was able to get everything I wanted except Trader Sams and the Frozen Dessert Party .....(which doesn't seem to be up yet)...
Here's the link for the Frozen Dessert Party: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/frozen-ever-after-sparkling-dessert-party/
You can book online, has nothing to do with F&W, it's been scheduled for sporadic nights from now through Oct at this point so if you're looking for it in Sept the dates it's running are already in the online system. The hope is that if it's really popular they'll add dates, we shall see.

Agreed - I don't know why we can't do this all online. I get it may overwhelm the servers but I feel terrible for the CMs who are not provided with the information they require to do their jobs and I feel terrible for people who are on hold for a long time and still don't get a knowledgeable CM/have to waste a ton of their time to book stuff.

that said we all share responsibility for this: despite the fact that all the information is released last minute and despite the fact that booking is a hot mess, I keep doing this year after year after year. so disney has no incentive to do it better.

Reality Check: we don't actually want to do this online guys. Think about how often the website crashes in the normal course of browsing it, can we even imagine what it would be like if we were ALL trying to access a few pages at the same time for booking? We'd all end up having to call in when it completely crashed out and our wait times would be egregiously higher than now because Disney would have cut back on staffing the call centers since everything was supposed to be online...

ETA: ROFL- ok so I finished reading our thread, and some of us do want to give it whirl anyway- To each our own :)

Reality Check: we don't actually want to do this online guys. Think about how often the website crashes in the normal course of browsing it, can we even imagine what it would be like if we were ALL trying to access a few pages at the same time for booking? We'd all end up having to call in when it completely crashed out and our wait times would be egregiously higher than now because Disney would have cut back on staffing the call centers since everything was supposed to be online...
Again: last year when they opened online booking for some events it went BEAUTIFULLY for me. Anyone have it crash last year?

By my 2016 notes it was 7am. I booked all my demos this way and only called for the thing I INEXPLICABLY was forced to call for. :)

This is my hope... I've had good luck doing things online. Even if the website crashes messing with it for 10-15 minutes is preferable to a much longer hold on the phone. Plus, you have the phone line as a backup. No backup to the phones... :sad2:

Does anyone "know" if the Parisian Breakfast will be bookable online..? I'm off from work anyway so if i have to call in so be it. Still wish I had known about Sam's being on Wednesdays... :sad1:

Anyone had success booking the Flying Fish dinner on 10/26??

I called DVC and got into the queue about 9:30 my time (11:30 at WDW), was given a 35 minute estimate. They actually picked up after about 25 minutes of waiting. The CM found the Flying Fish Wine Dinner on 10/26 pretty quickly, took the number in my party, then asked what time I wanted it? I told her I thought it was a set time, and she clicked a few things and said "oh yes, it's 6pm" but then said she couldn't book it. She tried a couple of things and then put me on hold, and came back and said it was sold out. I questioned that, and asked if perhaps it was sold out of the limited number of spots reserved for AP/DVC? She agreed that was probably the case. I still wasn't 100% convinced, but went ahead and booked my beverage seminars. Got all of those, no problem.

Since I'm both AP and DVC, I called the FEST number to check on Flying Fish again. At first the CM couldn't even find it, so I looked it up online and gave her the exact name. She found it but said it was booked. She said "let me try something else" and asked for some additional info (to look up my AP number, I'm guessing), but then said again it was booked. I'm skeptical, because I haven't seen anyone on here say they've booked it.

At this point I'm not sure what to think. I guess it could be sold out for the early slots? I have it bookmarked online and will just try Thursday morning. One of the CMs did say I could try online "at 6am Thursday" so maybe that's when online booking opens?

This is my hope... I've had good luck doing things online. Even if the website crashes messing with it for 10-15 minutes is preferable to a much longer hold on the phone. Plus, you have the phone line as a backup. No backup to the phones... :sad2:

Does anyone "know" if the Parisian Breakfast will be bookable online..? I'm off from work anyway so if i have to call in so be it. Still wish I had known about Sam's being on Wednesdays... :sad1:
As far as I can tell, NOTHING was bookable online today -- not even the demos that DO show calendars with dates highlighted. I assume these open 7am Jul 20.

My fiance and I will be there Oct 21-Oct 27!
My first time back in 6 years and he has never been to Disney!
I have him so excited already that we've also made plans to return December 2018! :)

I had a terrible booking experience. We are DVC, TIW & AP. I elected to go thru DVC/Member Services. Called at 9 AM per my cel & was told it was closed. Called at 9:01 & got in line. One hour and 43 minutes later, no one answered my call.
After one hour, I came on this board & saw that people were getting thru on WDW Fest. So I stayed on DVC on my landline & went to FEST # on my cell. Said 25 minute wait time, 43 minutes later, my DH spoke with DINE & I hung up on DVC. He got a loser. Had trouble finding Italian Regional luncheon & finally said it "wasn't available". Since it was almost 11, we accepted that. Over 40 cel minutes wasted. (Don't have an unlimited plan) But as we talked it over later & thought about getting on phone on 7/20 at 7AM, we realized that he never asked for DVC/AP/TIW info.
Called back at noon. Got right thru on FEST # and CM immediately asked for all our DVC info before looking for our request. Then she booked our request. We have the luncheon for 10/4.
I tried calling DVC to vent about my first call & see if they could do something for us, but it was a 35 minute wait. Since we got the luncheon, all I can expect from them is canned replies : "High volume" "Apologize for any inconvenience" etc.
Every year, I swear I'm not going thru this booking angst. But the luncheon is the high point of every F&W trip & I want to make sure we get it, especially since it was been cut back from 3 times a week to twice a week.

Do they hold some spots for regular booking for events or are the total number of seats available for pre-booking?

I ask because I'm hoping to get Parisian Breakfast on 9/23 but I don't qualify for pre-booking. My fingers are crossed that there's a chance this will still be available when I go to book on the 20th!

I had a terrible booking experience. We are DVC, TIW & AP. I elected to go thru DVC/Member Services. Called at 9 AM per my cel & was told it was closed. Called at 9:01 & got in line. One hour and 43 minutes later, no one answered my call.
After one hour, I came on this board & saw that people were getting thru on WDW Fest. So I stayed on DVC on my landline & went to FEST # on my cell. Said 25 minute wait time, 43 minutes later, my DH spoke with DINE & I hung up on DVC. He got a loser. Had trouble finding Italian Regional luncheon & finally said it "wasn't available". Since it was almost 11, we accepted that. Over 40 cel minutes wasted. (Don't have an unlimited plan) But as we talked it over later & thought about getting on phone on 7/20 at 7AM, we realized that he never asked for DVC/AP/TIW info.
Called back at noon. Got right thru on FEST # and CM immediately asked for all our DVC info before looking for our request. Then she booked our request. We have the luncheon for 10/4.
I tried calling DVC to vent about my first call & see if they could do something for us, but it was a 35 minute wait. Since we got the luncheon, all I can expect from them is canned replies : "High volume" "Apologize for any inconvenience" etc.
Every year, I swear I'm not going thru this booking angst. But the luncheon is the high point of every F&W trip & I want to make sure we get it, especially since it was been cut back from 3 times a week to twice a week.
Yikes! Glad you got your luncheon! I wonder if you got caught in the DVC "blackhole" that was previously reported where the call just never gets answered?

Do they hold some spots for regular booking for events or are the total number of seats available for pre-booking?

I ask because I'm hoping to get Parisian Breakfast on 9/23 but I don't qualify for pre-booking. My fingers are crossed that there's a chance this will still be available when I go to book on the 20th!
Only a fraction (don't know how many) are opened for early booking! If something was "sold out" today they WILL have other spots 7/20.

Just tried FEST again, and got a GREAT cast member. She made sure she had my AP and all my info pulled up and updated, then tried looking under multiple names for the event. She actually couldn't even find ANY event at the Flying Fish on 10/26. For some reason I think it didn't even come up for booking today at all. I haven't seen anyone here or on FB say they've booked it, but I'm convinced this CM knew what she was doing and checked everything. She didn't actually say it was sold out or booked up, but just that it wasn't there at all.

Just called DVC and waited about 15 minutes and was able to book the tequila lunch and the Parisian breakfast with no trouble at all. I did call this am at 9 and got the busy signal all 6 times I tried. I decided to "let it gooooo, let it goooo", and just tried now. I realized that these are not the ones that book up usually, but I am glad that there was space for my husband and I.

Well, I didn't call until around 11:10, bit even then there was a 30+ minute wait (and that was after getting a busy signal for about 4-5 calls). I was really surprised that the beverage seminar we wanted was sold out, didn't know that Austrian wine was so popular! But we booked a different day, and took the culinary demo the same day as the beverage one we got. So I remember we're eating salmon, but I don't know anything else about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter