2017 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 31, 2017 - November 13, 2017

Initial thoughts: craft beer selection is absolutely fantastic this year, but the lack of international beers is very disappointing. Hopefully the pour sizes aren't downgraded even more. I'm going to try to put all the menu items into a Google Sheet that has 2016 prices for returning items. Just a lot of information to go over. Goodbye productivity.

Info on the cheese seminars:

During each seminar, guest cheesemakers will explain the major aromas, textures and flavor levels of your favorite cheeses—from Asiago to Zamorano. Attendees can sample artisanal selections paired with complementary wines, craft beers and other beverages while learning about the distinct nature of each featured region.

General Event Details
  • Chef’s Showcase at the Festival Center
  • Select Saturdays from 9:45 AM to 11:15 AM
  • $89 per Guest—plus tax, gratuity included
Dates in 2017
  • September 2, 16 and 30
  • October 7, 14 and 18
  • November 11

Say “Cheese!” to These Experts
Ripen your acumen for all things cheese at 7 diverse seminars led by notable cheese experts. From France and Italy to the United States, experience the difference in cultures!

• French Cheeses and Wines
    Hosted by Max McCalman
    September 2, 2017
    Savor a classic assiette de fromageaccompanied by a variety of elegant French wines famous around the world.

• Italian Cheeses and Wines
    Hosted by Tonda Corrente
    September 16, 2017
    Enjoy Italian vini and formaggi pairings that provide a delicious glimpse into the country’s noble yet rustic lifestyle.

• Mediterranean Cheeses and Wines
    Hosted by Erin Hedley
    September 30, 2017
    Taste amazing wines and cheeses deeply rooted in ancient Mediterranean diets as well as culture.

• Old World Cheese Classic Cheese
    Hosted by Max McCalman
    October 7, 2017
    Experience delightfully unique pairings of Europe’s most acclaimed wines and cheeses from various regions across the continent.

• The Great Cheese and Wines of the United States
    Hosted by David Gremmels
    October 14, 2017
    Summon your inner wine and cheese connoisseur with some of the finest selections produced in America.

• Great British Cheeses and Aless
    Hosted by Max McCalman
    October 28, 2017
    Learn how traditional British cheeses and ales pair in perfect harmony, something loyal fans have known for decades.

• Season’s Best Cheeses and Wines
    Hosted by Max McCalman
    November 11, 2017
    Sample autumn’s top seasonal cheeses, both domestic and imported, for a pièce-de-résistance pairing that closes the Festival on a highly delectable note!

Show Less

Are the beverage seminars provided and I'm just not seeing it?

Doesn't appear that info for the beverage seminars and culinary demonstrations have been loaded yet. Usually there is a link to this information.

However, it appears that the cost of the culinary demonstrations and beverage seminars increased from $15 to $17.

[QUOTE="Astryd, post: 57884387, member: 90527

I am bummed that the Trader Sam's event is only in September. I would have loved to do that. :sad:[/QUOTE]
Me too! Last year I couldnt book it so was hoping for this year, especially since we are staying at the Poly again.

:)pirate:
Initial thoughts: craft beer selection is absolutely fantastic this year, but the lack of international beers is very disappointing. Hopefully the pour sizes aren't downgraded even more. I'm going to try to put all the menu items into a Google Sheet that has 2016 prices for returning items. Just a lot of information:)to go over. Goodbye productivity.
Updating my food booth spreadsheet is next on my list too now that I finished my special event spreadsheet.

Wahoo Graham Elliot is at Epcot for What's cooking with my Epcot day. The Traders Sams event is for drinks? Or for both food and drinks? How much? Thx

Wahoo Graham Elliot is at Epcot for What's cooking with my Epcot day. The Traders Sams event is for drinks? Or for both food and drinks? How much? Thx

I'm terrible with names. But is Graham Elliot the one who's on Master Chef sometimes with Gordon Ramsey and he has interesting colored glasses frames? If so, I don't blame you for being excited.

Any DVC members here? I called and they said booking starts tomorrow. Heard July 19th from another source on Twitter (which was last year's date)

I'm terrible with names. But is Graham Elliot the one who's on Master Chef sometimes with Gordon Ramsey and he has interesting colored glasses frames? If so, I don't blame you for being excited.
Yes he was on the show with him but not anymore.

Any DVC members here? I called and they said booking starts tomorrow. Heard July 19th from another source on Twitter (which was last year's date)
Please let us know if you find out.

The WDW website says bookings start on July 20. Typically DVC members, AP holders, Tables in Wonderland, and Disney Visa cardholders can make reservations two days in advance so that would put their booking date on 7/18.

18th is what I was assuming so that threw me off. I actually talked to two people from DVC Member Services who said 7/13.

I called the WDWFEST number and asked when DVC members can book they said they don't have info on it yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter