• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2017 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Thank you so much for your response! I know that it will be congested, I fully expect that. I am from the Detroit area and have ran the Detroit international half a few times where you run over a bridge in one lane and people stop for pictures over the bridge and you are weaving between people. I completely understand those who do want to take it all in, and I am SO excited for the experience and plan to take some selfies and pictures as I run, but I just can't find any blogs that say " YOU CAN PR" everyone says you can't. LOL :)

I have heard of a few people PR'ing on this course, and I think you have a shot, especially being as far up in the corrals as you are and having experience navigating congested courses. If you are running without full on picture stops and all that you are going to be passing even more people, which puts you in a good spot when you get to the castle and cone alley by the Grand Floridian. Like @Ariel484 said, there are a few points that do back up a bit, but even me starting in corral F I didn't experience it nearly as much as my sister did in corral M. In my opinion, if you are wanting to PR it is possible. Best of luck to you, you will have to let us know how it went!!! :banana:

I just ran my last training run to try out my cape/cloak. It's cute but I hate it! Luckily, I'm only wearing it for the 5K as I knew it would likely annoy me!

I will say this, there is no discomfort, aggravation, annoyance or disappointment that could happen this weekend that would ever compare to the pain that the family I'm running charity for has faced! This weekend is for them!!!

My perseverance though this training has been driven by honoring the lives of these two true princesses!

Congrats to everyone running!!! You should all be proud of your dedication and determination! You all deserve this!

Those of you that run 30/30 intervals race day, do you wear head phones during the half to hear ques? Currently I do 2 min run/ 1 min walk. I read a blog about 30 sec run/ 30 sec walks and how recovery was faster and a better time over all. Any thoughts?

This is my first disney race and my 5th half marathon. In training I've PR'd my previous halfs and I would like to do that this weekend, however every blog I read is very negative about getting a PR on this course. Other people I have talked to have said the same thing. I'm in corral C, I have done very large races before and I will be there for 3 days prior with my kids in the parks so I don't have as much of a need to stop for pictures. I know that you pay for the experience but I also wanted to race this race...is it really impossible to PR?

Not sure what pace you are looking for, but from corral C last year and with the Cliff pacer I finally broke the 2 hour mark. There will not be bottle necks or crowding. Start at the front of the corral...the corrals are much smaller than they used to be so few ahead of you and they all turned in placement times of less than 2 hours. The first corrals start about every two minutes. The weather may be a bit warm, not sure what you train in so hydrate and stay off your feet as much as possible on Saturday. Good luck!

Not sure what pace you are looking for, but from corral C last year and with the Cliff pacer I finally broke the 2 hour mark. There will not be bottle necks or crowding. Start at the front of the corral...the corrals are much smaller than they used to be so few ahead of you and they all turned in placement times of less than 2 hours. The first corrals start about every two minutes. The weather may be a bit warm, not sure what you train in so hydrate and stay off your feet as much as possible on Saturday. Good luck!
Thank you for your response. I'm trying to break a sub 2. I have ran a 1:55 in training, but in a race I've ran 2:02 twice. I've been trying to break it for awhile now. Thank you for your advice, will definitely hydrate before :) :)

Oh no!! Keep a close eye on it and your airline (are you flying?) to see if they start allowing people to shift flights for free....

I will have to look into that. My hubby isn't able to leave any earlier due to prior commitments, so I am hoping that as long as we can get down to the airport (2.5 hours south), the weather will be better there. They are only supposed to get 1-3" right now. That little amount won't cancel a flight, right? :upsidedow

In other news, I ordered a case of water and a few sacks to be delivered to my resort today. I have never done this before (and my hubby thought I was crazy at first), but I am really looking forward to it! If anyone else is interested, I ordered from jet.com and got free shipping for delivery on Thursday. Even if I have to pay a fee to pick it up, it is worth it... I plan on drinking a LOT of water! :)

In other news, I ordered a case of water and a few sacks to be delivered to my resort today. I have never done this before (and my hubby thought I was crazy at first), but I am really looking forward to it! If anyone else is interested, I ordered from jet.com and got free shipping for delivery on Thursday. Even if I have to pay a fee to pick it up, it is worth it... I plan on drinking a LOT of water! :)
I was thinking I would buy a case of water at the resort but kinda just want to pantry an order. Do you just ship directly to your resort and c/o yourself?

I was thinking I would buy a case of water at the resort but kinda just want to pantry an order. Do you just ship directly to your resort and c/o yourself?

I did- I have never done it before, so I am hoping it works out ok!

Oh no. Where are you coming from? I hope it works out.

The lovely mid-west... high is 71F today and 8" of snow on Friday. :rolleyes:

Here's a random question, I have like 8, $25 gift cards can I combine them into one?

Yes, I've done this. Go online to disneygiftcard.com and register and then you can enter all your cards and then take whatever amount you want from any card and put it to another. My tip is to have a sharpie handy when you do it so you don't forget which ones you have zero'd out and which one(s) have high balances as you go! (I was paranoid and had to go back and re-entered every number to double check)

16830627_1798564576836163_7346162342487131495_n.jpg

I will have to look into that. My hubby isn't able to leave any earlier due to prior commitments, so I am hoping that as long as we can get down to the airport (2.5 hours south), the weather will be better there. They are only supposed to get 1-3" right now. That little amount won't cancel a flight, right? :upsidedow

1-3" in the midwest is probably nothing for the airports! My fingers are crossed for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter