• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2017 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend

well, the race dreams have begun! for some reason, i dreamt that we ran through haunted mansion holiday ( i guess i'm just missing the gloriousness of it after seeing it the first time last year ), and that there was a photo stop with cruella and her car where they took your photo and for every photo taken there was a donation made to an animal charity? i was also on pace for a sub 2:30 half ( really dreaming! ) but i stopped for too many characters at the end since at mile 11 i couldn't remember if i had even stopped at all... at least i'm not dreaming bad things yet.

I ran the entire W&D half with pacers. I just kept with the pack and never stopped for bathroom break. We walked through water breaks.
OK. Thank you. I didn't need a bathroom break in the 12miler I ran in training, but it is cold here so I don't drink nearly as much. I dehydrate easily so when it gets hot, I really have to drink.

I ran a marathon with a pacer. I walked through the water stops but he didn't, so I just ran faster after I walked to catch up again. It was fine. It would probably be harder to catch up after a bathroom stop. I don't usually make bathroom breaks during a race but I have to stop drinking anything 2+ hours before race start in order to do that.
Thank you for the info. I am definitely going to stop at the expo and ask about the pacers.

Woke up this morning with a stuffy nose and a sore throat. Taking Zicam and pushing the water hoping that helps. I leave Tuesday hopefully without this cold.

I'm right there with you. So bummed. My throat is better today, but the head congestion is not going to be fun to fly, or run, with. :-(

This is my first rundisney event. I had a question about expo and pick up. I know runners have to pick up their own bib and you can't pick up someone else's. Does that apply to Chear Squad as well, or would I be able to pick up my parents chear squad? TYIA

Curious about this as well, as I'm not sure if my mom will be able to pick it up herself (assuming she makes it at all).

OH NO!!!! My mom is currently having an emergency appendectomy!

I'm definitely still going, but this will either become a solo trip :sad: or will be a much slower-paced one. We had so much planned!
Oh no!! I hope she is feeling better soon/ :(
Woke up this morning with a stuffy nose and a sore throat. Taking Zicam and pushing the water hoping that helps. I leave Tuesday hopefully without this cold.
I'm right there with you. So bummed. My throat is better today, but the head congestion is not going to be fun to fly, or run, with. :-(
Lots of water and rest (as I sit here chugging orange juice)!! Hope you guys feel better!

Can't believe it's almost here! :yay:

OK. Thank you. I didn't need a bathroom break in the 12miler I ran in training, but it is cold here so I don't drink nearly as much. I dehydrate easily so when it gets hot, I really have to drink.

It depends on how much you sweat, I suppose! I drink a lot of water and still don't usually have to stop.

OH NO!!!! My mom is currently having an emergency appendectomy!

I'm definitely still going, but this will either become a solo trip :sad: or will be a much slower-paced one. We had so much planned!

So sorry about your Mom, wishing her a quick recovery.

Did we decide on a Disboards meet up yet???

I
I'm down for an Expo line party. I'll be there early because of my flight but it'd be fun maybe Friday night to maybe meet in Epcot for beer? :)

A Disboards meet sounds fun! I'm traveling solo, but I have a lot of group meet ups planned. I won't be at the expo until Thursday afternoon though, not landing until after it opens.

Hope you feel better quick!!!

well, the race dreams have begun! for some reason, i dreamt that we ran through haunted mansion holiday ( i guess i'm just missing the gloriousness of it after seeing it the first time last year ), and that there was a photo stop with cruella and her car where they took your photo and for every photo taken there was a donation made to an animal charity? i was also on pace for a sub 2:30 half ( really dreaming! ) but i stopped for too many characters at the end since at mile 11 i couldn't remember if i had even stopped at all... at least i'm not dreaming bad things yet.

This dream sounds like a lot of fun!

Started to get organized and pack today.

Race outfits organized & decided on -

Provincial Belle for the 5k
Pink Minnie for the 10k
Rapunzel for the Half

IMG_9021.jpg

I was trying to figure out a 3rd Princess, but I decided to go with Minnie since I already had it (wore this for W&D half), I'll probably wear it again next January for the Minnie 10k too.

Those outfits are so so so so cute!

I tried out my Elsa crown today and it was a major fail! I'm going to have to stop by the Sparkly Soul booth and pick up a new headband (darn ;)) so I have something to keep the hair out of my face. The snow flakes, however, will work fine. Always do an outfit check!

I'm all packed and ready to go! I think this is probably the easiest Disney trip I have packed for....

Anyone out there have an extra bed in their room that wants to split hotel costs? Last minute changes for me.
I would totally offer but my room is offsite :-( still hoping for a last minute cancellation to get a room onsite. If I do I'll let you know if you haven't found someone!

Started to get organized and pack today.

Race outfits organized & decided on -

Provincial Belle for the 5k
Pink Minnie for the 10k
Rapunzel for the Half

IMG_9021.jpg

I was trying to figure out a 3rd Princess, but I decided to go with Minnie since I already had it (wore this for W&D half), I'll probably wear it again next January for the Minnie 10k too.

Minnie is a princess!

739fc2dd86854e85e5698c0b29791496.jpg

I wear a flipbelt and it's great. I don't carry water, but there are flat bottles that fit in it. It doesn't bounce or move around, which I really like.

I like my fipbelt, but it has a tendency to creep up as I run - I can't figure out if my phone is just too heavy and it's unbalanced (I don't run with gels most of the time unless it's a longer run), or what. I like it on my hips, so that may be part of the problem. I'd love to get that issue fixed, because otherwise it's a great belt, I just hate having to tug at it every few miles it seems.

In terms of race plan, my plan is to enjoy my race and stop for as many characters as I want, no worries about time. For me, this is about a PR in fun as one of the people in my online running group says :)

I also signed up for the Little Rock Half literally the next weekend...so I'm taking both of those really easy :P I'm not totally sure what I was thinking, but it gives me an excuse to go home and visit family over Spring Break, so I'm not complaining!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter