2017 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend

This board has been so helpful so far! This will be my first Disney race, so I am just nervous about the half marathon selling out before I can get in. I was going to do the Glass Slipper Challenge, but I think I have decided to just do the half (not an early morning person:laughing:)

Do you know when the cutoff for submitting POT might be? I have completed one half, but have another planned for 11/12 and would love to improve my time.
11/15/16 - you'll just make it!

I would recommend looking at other threads to see the expeirences of people as they are registering for other races.

For instance, Tuesday was early registration day (for DVC members and AP holders) for Star Wars at Disneyland. Many people talked about the experience as they were doing it or (like me) just after they had completed things.

I find that the twitter and facebook stuff rD puts out are often a bit too late to really prepare yourself. If you're on FB, find the FB page for princess 2017 that isn't necessarily run by rD. Good info is generally there (also some crankiness as the time closes in for the run, but oh well), and earlier than rD's messages. Generally.

And be sure to check out the actual rundisney page for Princess regularly. They add stuff and don't announce it, so you can often find good info there. For instance, the POT info is on there now, under Registration and Proof of Time.

Registration will be July 12th at noon EASTERN time, sharp. (and the 5th for DVC and AP if you're either) Have your CC saved so you can "paste" it, have the card out so you can look at it for expiration and the code (I put the code in my little search box on my browser window so I could have exp date side up and then just look for the sec code for Star Wars). Set 3 alarms. :) I have alarms set for next Tuesday for Star Wars general reg, b/c the system was obnoxious and kept kicking me out of the 10K reg for my son. Gotta try to get him in!

Stupid question that I don't think I've seen the answer to yet. My daughter and I are planning to do both the 5k and 10k next year. When it comes time to register, do I have to register for, say, the 5k, then go back and register for the 10k? Or do I select both at the same time and only go through the registration one time?

@Nessats you have to do each separately. How old is your daughter? If she's 18+, she'll need her own account. If she's under 18 you can register her under your account. It'll still be a separate thing but I don't think you get put back in the queue. :confused3

We have -- it's definitely been mentioned before. But I feel like a kid at Christmas waiting to open presents. I don't want rumors, I want answers. :rotfl:

I'm afraid you've got a little bit of a wait. Rumors are all we'll have for a while. Even after they post the registration tips with a hint, there won't be an official announcement for a long while. It is pretty obvious once that graphic comes out though (if we get that again...I hope we do!).

Yep. They normally post there and on their Facebook page. And it'll be posted here as well. :)

Trust me...You won't miss it. It will be here, it will be on Twitter, it will be all over Facebook groups (if you're in any...which I highly recommend), it will be all over.

@Nessats you have to do each separately. How old is your daughter? If she's 18+, she'll need her own account. If she's under 18 you can register her under your account. It'll still be a separate thing but I don't think you get put back in the queue. :confused3

Yup. Unfortunately the only thing you can double up on is if you're doing the GSC.

Thank you. My daughter is 23, and I already knew she would have to register separately from me. My husband and I moved to California a few months ago and are getting our Disneyland Annual Passports next week. If I'm following things correctly, that means I'll have the opportunity to register myself a week before registration opens to the general public on July 12. I appreciate all the tips and advice I've been reading in these threads, too.

Hi, all! I am planning on doing my very first RunDisney event, the Princess 5K! I have a few questions, and am hoping ya'll can help me figure out what I'm missing here...

1. I remember reading that I need to have already created an Active.com account in order to sign up for the race, which I have done. I'd like to bookmark the actual registration site so that I have it ready to go, but I can't quite figure out where to register!
  2. Also, I can't seem to find anything that details the registration fees for the 2017 event. Have those been published yet, and I'm just overlooking them? I want to make sure I'm budgeting correctly!
  3. I read in this thread that WDW Annual Pass holders get to do the early registration on July 5th. I'm not currently an AP holder, as I was planning to purchase one for myself at the end of July. But knowing now that I could register for the 5K early, I will likely go ahead and buy it this month. Is there a special registration site for AP holders? How do they verify? (It will be my first time having an AP, also!)

Sorry for all the silly newbie questions! Thank you in advance! :cutie:

Thank you. My daughter is 23, and I already knew she would have to register separately from me. My husband and I moved to California a few months ago and are getting our Disneyland Annual Passports next week. If I'm following things correctly, that means I'll have the opportunity to register myself a week before registration opens to the general public on July 12. I appreciate all the tips and advice I've been reading in these threads, too.
Yep, as long as your pass is activated and active, you can give it a shot on July 5.
Hi, all! I am planning on doing my very first RunDisney event, the Princess 5K! I have a few questions, and am hoping ya'll can help me figure out what I'm missing here...

1. I remember reading that I need to have already created an Active.com account in order to sign up for the race, which I have done. I'd like to bookmark the actual registration site so that I have it ready to go, but I can't quite figure out where to register!
  2. Also, I can't seem to find anything that details the registration fees for the 2017 event. Have those been published yet, and I'm just overlooking them? I want to make sure I'm budgeting correctly!
  3. I read in this thread that WDW Annual Pass holders get to do the early registration on July 5th. I'm not currently an AP holder, as I was planning to purchase one for myself at the end of July. But knowing now that I could register for the 5K early, I will likely go ahead and buy it this month. Is there a special registration site for AP holders? How do they verify? (It will be my first time having an AP, also!)

Hi!

1.) I'm not sure that the site is actually up yet, but when someone finds it, it'll be posted here.
2.) it looks like they haven't posted the registration fees yet. January's WDW 5K cost $65, so I would expect Princess to be similar. The final cost, though, will have an addition 6.5-7% in fees added on, so assuming it actually does have the $65 price tag it'll cost more like $70. And you can also pre-order merchandise, so keep that in mind as well (but you can go back and do that at a later time if you want).
3.) yes, that is true - but keep in mind that your AP would have to be activated, and not be a voucher. And the early registration does not guarantee you a spot (early registration is 5-10% of the total # of bibs available, so for the 5K that's like 600-1200 bibs), just gives you another chance to get in.

You're smart to ask questions now, and not, like, the day before. We were all new to this at one time. :)

About time you showed up around these parts!! @Ariel484 pretty much covered everything.

1. I'm working on finding that as we speak. I don't have anything concrete yet, but I have found a link that I'm pretty sure will ultimately become the registration link. I should have it at least a week, if not more, before AP holder registration. Also - be on the computer, ready to go at ten til Noon Eastern time. The 5K will go VERY quickly. Heck, all the Princess races sell out pretty quickly.
2. I would count on it being AT LEAST $69.73 - that's what I paid, including fees, for the 5K this year. That's what the 5K was for Marathon Weekend in 2017, so I imagine it will be the same. But just be prepared that that's at least how much it will cost. There are also fun things like pins, runner bundles (hats, wine glasses, magnets), necklaces and special jackets that you can pre-order, sight unseen. You can always return them and get a refund if you don't like how they look, but you'll be out the 8-percent fee that Active tacks on to registrations.
3. There is a special site, but your Annual Pass has to be active for you to access it. Heck, 90-percent of the time, I can't even access the AP Holder page and my pass is active.

And like Ariel said - there are NO such things as silly questions! It's better to ask them now instead of the day before (or, Heck, the DAY OF!!) so you can have a calm, easy registration day. You spend enough time around here, you'll realize that for some weekends, it seems like just getting REGISTERED is harder and more stressful than the actual race! :rotfl2:

I am also looking towards what the theme will be. My daughter wants to do the GSC again. I am sure we will do the role reversal again and I will be in some type of full dress of her decision.

I'm just getting back into running after taking a long break and doing other types of fitness. I ran the Wine & Dine 5K through Animal Kingdom with my family in 2011. It was an absolute blast. Now I'm looking at either the Princess 10K, which I know I could finish, or the 1/2, which would be my first.

How soon do you all make your hotel reservations for this event? Should I be looking into that now?

FYI - if you know you will need a hotel and park tickets, Jim Stone is already selling bibs for Princess! Here is part of the email he sent today:
image.png

image.png

I have used Jim numerous times and he's been VERY easy to work with. So - if you want to skip the rush of registration day, here you go!

And like Ariel said - there are NO such things as silly questions! It's better to ask them now instead of the day before (or, Heck, the DAY OF!!) so you can have a calm, easy registration day. You spend enough time around here, you'll realize that for some weekends, it seems like just getting REGISTERED is harder and more stressful than the actual race! :rotfl2:

Definitely!

There is a special site, but your Annual Pass has to be active for you to access it. Heck, 90-percent of the time, I can't even access the AP Holder page and my pass is active.

I couldn't even find the AP registration page during Star Wars registration, and I have an active AP for Disneyland. Mystifying!

As a DVC member it is just SO irritating that Disney is making the TAs book hotel, too. I would just love to get it done right now, but I want to use points.

I

As a DVC member it is just SO irritating that Disney is making the TAs book hotel, too. I would just love to get it done right now, but I want to use points.

same here...not only hotels but park tickets are required too. so annoyed. I've purchased DL race bibs from Jim and he's a pleasure to work with, but I don't need the park tixs and room.

I think if I can't get into Glass Slipper Challenge.. I think I'll do the cheapest charity run - isn't there a veterans habitat group that only requires $600? That's cheaper than a hotel room and park tickets when we have access to a time share and we're APs!

It now becomes a two-part challenge - endurance and fundraising.

same here...not only hotels but park tickets are required too. so annoyed. I've purchased DL race bibs from Jim and he's a pleasure to work with, but I don't need the park tixs and room.

And it was just in 2015 that I bought a nice, simple 5K bib from him without any sort of ticket or hotel room needed. Then boom it all changed.

FYI - if you know you will need a hotel and park tickets, Jim Stone is already selling bibs for Princess! Here is part of the email he sent today:
View attachment 174858

View attachment 174859

I have used Jim numerous times and he's been VERY easy to work with. So - if you want to skip the rush of registration day, here you go!
Thanks. This is good to know. I'm wondering if pricing things out myself will be cheaper. Is it that difficult to get registered for the 10K if I'm online right before it goes live/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter