• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2017 dates? UPDATE!!!!! April 20, 2017

ChoirBoy

Earning My Ears
Anxious for the 2017 dates & rates to get posted. Like, I understand if I just look at this year's pattern I'll have a good idea of what it will be next year. But just having something concrete will make me feel better.

I want to book a Southern California adventure back to back with the D23 Expo. Maybe add a couple days before and after.

Dates are usually released in late May or early June.

But thats not set in stone.

Woo hoo! This is great news. We are thinking Australia in Dec 2017 but I am still hoping they may add New Zealand to the itinerary!

Any idea whether this announcement will include the 2017 river cruises, if any (or if those will be included in a later/different announcement)?

Any idea whether this announcement will include the 2017 river cruises, if any (or if those will be included in a later/different announcement)?

I read that Disney contracted with AMA Waterways through 2023. My money is on the fact that we will see River Cruises for quite a while.

Do you know any of the new destinations, Kevin?

I do not have any info on new destinations. I'm not being secretive....just no info.

We do have something special up our sleeve.....but I can't discuss that yet.

Kevin@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com

It is good to see ( if they do release the dates in April) that ABD are in the same time frame as other family trip companies. There are a lot of us who must coordinate our vacation dates more than a year in advance so the earlier we can plan the better chance of us booking. My fingers are crossed.

This release is not a rumor.

This is from a Disney press release.

April 20th - repeat guests
April 22nd - general public

good to know. Now I don't have to check every day like I was doing. Really want to do the river cruise and heard a rumor that the Rhine might be offered this year.

While I realize that Disney is all about the families with kids, I would like to see a few more "Adult Exclusive" offerings. I'd love to do their Australia trip but I don't want to travel with children and they don't offer an adult exclusive trip on this itinerary so I have to look elsewhere.

good to know. Now I don't have to check every day like I was doing. Really want to do the river cruise and heard a rumor that the Rhine might be offered this year.
According to AMAWaterways' CEO, Rudi Schreiner, it's not just a rumor. At least according to this interview:

http://skift.com/2015/12/15/interview-amawaterways-ceo-on-river-cruising-and-the-new-active-cruiser/

Schreiner: This year we started our partnership with Backroads to provide guided bicycle tours, which have been very successful. Our Adventures by Disney partnership will start next summer on the AmaViola, they’ve pretty much sold out all their departures; they’ll have seven departures in 2016 and will expand from the Danube to the Rhine as well in 2017.
So unless he mis-spoke or was mis-quoted, it seems that it's happening.

Sayhello

I'd be very interested in a Rhine holiday cruise in December 2017. Eagerly awaiting the release.

I am going on the Ama WaterWAYS Rhine cruise next year but not with ABD. I booked it with AMA

We are thinking Backstage Magic Southern California if the dates work out. That said, we are also seriously considering Italy. We are also hoping that they have figured out how to offer a Japan trip that wouldn't break the bank. I read somewhere once that ABD hasn't put it on the list of offerings because it wouldn't be cost effective. Considering the current pricing that makes me shudder LOL I don't exactly have high hopes for that though as I imagine they would have done a FB teaser like they did for Scotland by now. We are also hoping DCL has decided to do Japan and waiting on their release date for 2017 too. Wishful thinking :-)

I'll just have to wait and see what the trips are when they are released to the general public even though I've done 1 trip already. Since I'm not American, I don't get to be an "Adventure Insider" and get early access to everything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter