2017 Booking

Tony Bush

DIS Veteran
Toying with the idea of booking 14 nights October 2017. We've always done package deals just for the sheer convenience!

As an example : Virgin Holidays with slight car upgrade - Beach Club for three adults = £8479.

If I'm doing this right, booking seperates comes out at £7132. Thats for the same room, same car through Alamo and flights booked through Cheap Flights.com - same Virgin flight.
For the car hire it came out at £450 but had to use this October prices and flights again I had to use this October prices - flights were approx £680 each.

Do these figures seem normal for the seperate prices as I've never done it that way !??

Any advice would be appreciated.

Tony

Prices seem right. Packages not always more expensive but can be a lot more so that seems a feasible difference to me. I've stayed at the Beach Club and visited the Contemporary. BC has rubbish QS food on site but close proximity to lots of QS choices at the Boardwalk or Epcot. On site is super poor though. Massive range of TS options on the doorstep. Rooms are nice and a good size. Pool is outstanding. Has a beach but was ant riddles when we stayed there. Proximity to Epxot exceptional and close to DHS too. QS options are better at the Contemporary and the rooms look nice from on line videos. Proximity to MK and the monorail running through has to be a big plus! Pool not as good as Beach Club. Resort grounds more limited and not as pretty as the Crescent Lake area. I wouldn't turn either down but I would probably choose the Beach Club. I'd choose the Poly if considering a monorail resort personally.

Prices seem right.

Personally we would pick the CR over BC.

We like the location with being able to walk to MK and Monorail to Epcot. Access to lots of easy options via monorail to Poly & GF and boat to WL and FW.

We also love the hotel and the buzz. Where else can you just take a lift down to the monorail inside?

We don't like the pool at BC it's just too big and busy for us and when we stayed we ended up at the Villas pool instead.

We love the CR - can you tell?

I don't think you'd be disappointed with either! For us (two adults, no children) I'd go BC for the amazing pool and Epcot access (we go during Food and Wine time).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter