• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2016 Virtual 5K Series

I'm late to find this thread. As a run/walker, I completed my first "yellow shoes" 5K on Tuesday, May 31. Instead of going to my typical track, I found a little lake with a path to run. It was hilly, not my normal run, and midday (heat and sun!). I was exhausted at the end, but well worth it.

I know some people think the virtual 5K is bologna, but for me, it's perfect. I would love to runDisney, but spending all sorts of money for a 5K weekend is not worth it for me right now. The virtual races give me some incentive to keep up my workouts.

Thank you, Disney!!

I did my Red Pants today. Walked on the treadmill at the gym for 62:54 and went for 3.15 miles. I shaved 14 minutes off my Yellow Shoes time. Been practicing a couple of times a week using the Make Yes Happen virtual races. Aiming for under 60 minutes time for the White Gloves in two weeks. I love walking on the treadmill and thank these virtual races for giving me goals and a purpose while doing it. I thank my pain meds for keeping me going.

Whoo Hoo!! Good for you! That's a big amount of time to shed.

Thanks. We did more running than walking this time so that helped cut the time. We did 30 sec. walk and 30 sec. run. I'm transitioning now to 20 sec. walk and 40 sec. run., so that should shave off more time on the next run. I only started running about 6 weeks ago so this is a big achievement for me.

Thanks. We did more running than walking this time so that helped cut the time. We did 30 sec. walk and 30 sec. run. I'm transitioning now to 20 sec. walk and 40 sec. run., so that should shave off more time on the next run. I only started running about 6 weeks ago so this is a big achievement for me.

Maybe I should switch things up, too. I run for 1 min and walk for 1 min. Perhaps the shortened times will help me get stronger.

Maybe its been discussed, but did you guys see that the people who ordered the entire set will get their entire medal set and tumbler within 30 days from the end of the series? If you ordered just a single Yellow shoes, that will be sent out soon. I ordered the set for myself and my 10 year old. It is going to be harder to keep him invested in it not getting any of the prizes until late summer.

Maybe its been discussed, but did you guys see that the people who ordered the entire set will get their entire medal set and tumbler within 30 days from the end of the series? If you ordered just a single Yellow shoes, that will be sent out soon. I ordered the set for myself and my 10 year old. It is going to be harder to keep him invested in it not getting any of the prizes until late summer.
Yeah, kind of a bummer having to wait, but then they only have to mail one package so makes sense. You could make him Finisher certificates for now!

image.jpeg
Just finished the Red Pants 5k. First time with the kiddos. Pace slowed down at the apartment gate but so far we were able to finish within 53min @ a 17:35min pace. Looking forward to the next one.

Not going to lie I had totally forgotten about my red shorts run. I guess I have something to do this weekend...

I had a run through the resorts to look forward to for the yellow shoes run and I think this time I will be looking forward to a run on the treadmill...

My White Gloves walk was complete as of Sunday afternoon. I did 3.11 miles in 58:31 on the fitness center treadmill. That is more than 18 minutes off my Yellow Shoes time. So I made my goal. Looking forward to my medals and walking another Disney virtual series in the future.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter