• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2016 Virtual 5K Series

I, too, signed up for the whole series, although I am not permitted to run per doctors' orders. I am trying to lose weight and be able to actually walk with less pain for all of my trips that I have planned this year, which includes a trip to WDW in December. These 5K's will definitely keep me motivated to do that.

Here is the pic of the first medal released - the yellow shoes medal:

Yellow_Shoes_Medal_Cover.jpg

And just released is a pic of the 2nd one - the red pants medal:

red_pants_medal.jpg

I did it. I signed up. I think I just wanted the medals to add to my runDisney 2016 collection.
Given the crazy price increase - I think the next rD will be in 2020.

I'm going to be sharing the medals with my running buddies and encouraging others.

First possible run is Sunday - if it's isn't raining we're going to do the run.
Training for the DLR Dumbo Dare. This serves as motivation to run with others

I'm thinking we should do an Inside Out run!!!

What is everyone else thinking?

Runners on twitter have downloaded their bibs. Does anyone know how we can get our bibs? (I am not on twitter.)

I'm planning to do the first run today. I decided since they are virtual runs, that I was going to do them as treadmill runs. I've created three runs with my iFit account. The first one is a 5K around the outside of Disneyland, the second one is around Disneyland Paris, and the last one is at Tokyo Disneyland.

Thanks! My daughter cheered me on. It took me 43 minutes. I'm hoping to get that time way down for the next two. I realize that is a snail's pace, lol.

I started a little over a month ago and was around the same time. Now I'm at about 38 min and ran a 10k on the treadmill yesterday. It gets better, just keep it up!
Wow, that's great! I have never run more than a mile before signing up for this series. I'm very motivated and proud of myself for pushing through to the end.

I felt pretty good this evening so I went out and completed my first run for the yellow shoes medal. I ended up running my fastest time to date - 36:09 (I only started in April so there hasn't been much to go off of), but it was a great start to the virtual runs.

Hi everyone! I'm Jenn. I am a 38 year old mom of 3 from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. I work a full time job and a part time job, but I am so looking forward to getting these runs in! I think that I will have my children participate as well and they can be "family" medals. Two of my children are training for the Manitoba Marathon Super Run and I need to begin training for the 10K in January during Marathon Weekend, so these will be great for us!

Anyone else located in Winnipeg and doing the virtual series? I am hoping to complete my first 5K this week. I am recovering from surgery so don't know how much running will take place, but am hoping to make this as much fun as possible!

Wow, congrats to everyone earning their yellow shoes! I am not signed up for any of the virtual races, but I did think hard about signing up my 9-yr-old. The Disneyland events I've gone to seem a little too crowded for her liking, so a virtual race would have been a fun way for her to earn Disney medals without going into sensory overload. :-)

I pulled the trigger and signed up for this Friday! I'm not a runner at all, but some of my friends from the gym talked me into doing a 5 mile run a couple weeks ago and (with their help!), I was able to run the fastest pace I've ever run for the longest race I've ever run! I was sore afterward, but now I want to sign up for a "real" runDisney race next year. In the meantime, I'm excited to do the virtual ones and thinking about signing up for local 5Ks so that I can still get a race day experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter