2016 MNSSHP

stites1

Mouseketeer
Any guess when we can expect tickets to go on sale? Seems like I remember it being beginning of May?

Last year, tickets went on sale April 27th. So I'm assuming around that time again.

ETA: sorry, tickets went on sale April 8th! The 27th was when free dining was released. I got them mixed up :)

Last edited:
Thank you! I'm wanting to go on Halloween itself and figure that will sell out pretty quick

Thanks for the info. My significant other, and I are going to be there this year, for the Halloween party with our friend, and I was curious to know when the tickets were going to go online because I've heard they sell out pretty quick. We're going to celebrate my birthday there too since it's close to Halloween, and I'm excited.

Made a mistake on the date that tickets went on sale last year so I edited my post..just so you know! Lol.

From my understanding the costume ban only applied to masks and costumes that may look exactly like a park costume. I think they still encourage adults to dress up for the Halloween parties.
Are you sure about that.?..The way I read it was all costumes and only children under a certain age were allowed to wear them,..and that included MNSSHP..

Are you sure about that.?..The way I read it was all costumes and only children under a certain age were allowed to wear them,..and that included MNSSHP..

Same - Disneybounding is OK, but I was under the impression that any fully-fledged costumes for people over 14 were out.

From my understanding the costume ban only applied to masks and costumes that may look exactly like a park costume. I think they still encourage adults to dress up for the Halloween parties.

No one knows yet the final answer. I expect them to be clear when tickets go on sale.

As of now, all references that came out at the end of the year have been no costumes for adults at parties.

Disneyland Costume Guidelines for Halloween event say "Guests under the age of 14 may dress in their favorite Halloween Costume...."

12388027_10153407749633983_1467799562_n-495x500.jpg

Last edited:

I actually initiated a chat with a cast member on line about this, as we wanted to start sewing our costumes. I was told that as of this moment the guidelines for MNSSHP are not known but they have been told that it should be the same as previous years. But again coming from a CM, we all know that they are not always up to date.

When in the park I talked to many people on it, no one has any confirmation EXCEPT that they were all told to actually enforce no costumes exactly like characters in the park. I'm going on Halloween itself so I'm not worried because 90% of adults and children were in costume that day and I honestly can't see them taking the cut they would take if everyone over 14 were unable to go in costume. I could see many families with multiple children not buying tickets if only a few of thier children could dress up.

Too me it seems like they were told to enforce rules that were already in place that were kinda ignored.

Interesting scenarios here..On our last trip two years ago we just had matching pumpkin t shirts sent from California where my sister in law lives, and attended the MNSSHP and felt under dressed, lol. But this year we were going to get costume outfits, but if it's taboo, then that will be a waste of money..So I'm just gonna keep my eyes open on this subject till I see it in black and white from Disney..

I hope that we find out what the rules are well before the parties start. We are going to cancel our October WDW trip and go somewhere else if there are no adult costumes at MNSSP. Our favorite part of our fall WDW trip is going to MNSSHP party (we go 2 or 3 times during our trip week) and seeing what all the adults are wearing. That is what makes the party and sets the atmosphere, especially since they cut out some of the character meets and one of the dance parties last year. Last I heard was the thought was that they were going to allow adult costumes, but that there were going to be tighter rules for them such as capes can not go below the waist (so much for my full cape Cruella costume), no robes or layered costumes (so much for Jedis or Darth Vaders), nothing that touches the ground (so much for long princess dresses), no box or prop costumes around the body (so much for UP houses, push the talking trash can etc) and some other things. I'm not thrilled with those restrictions as we have seen some fantastic costumes at MNSSHP that would be prohibited under the new rules if those are what is implemented, but it is better than nothing. We've had 3 FP+ trips and really don't care for FP+ at all. We love WDW and have ignored the naysayers and complainers regarding cutbacks and other bad changes (other than as refers to FP+ where we wholeheartedly agree with all the complainers), but on our trip last October we really felt for the first time that there were so many little cuts here and there that it really could be felt and that we were paying more, but getting less. I think no adult costumes at MNSSHP would be enough of a cut to be a deal breaker for this year's trip.

We aren't going to know anything for sure until Disney announces something. Right now, according to their rules they won't allow anybody 14 or older to wear a costume. Period

We aren't going to know anything for sure until Disney announces something. Right now, according to their rules they won't allow anybody 14 or older to wear a costume. Period

I agree. Right now I think it's best to either wait until an official announcement is made, or assume that costumes won't be allowed, and be pleasantly surprised if that changes.

There's no use asking Cast Members at this point, especially not ones on the phone. I could put you on the phone with one of my cats and the information would be just as reliable.

We'll go regardless of costumes being allowed or not. The only question for us is whether they'll offer one early enough for us to hit on our September 10-16 trip.

I actually initiated a chat with a cast member on line about this, as we wanted to start sewing our costumes. I was told that as of this moment the guidelines for MNSSHP are not known but they have been told that it should be the same as previous years. But again coming from a CM, we all know that they are not always up to date.

the difference between MNSSHP and the rundisney events is that the marathons goes through backstage areas where MNSSHP does not

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter