2016 Free Dining Watch

When are you trying to travel?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first time I will have to book 2 rooms which I am being told is 2 separate reservations. If free dining is released and I call, will they be able to hold 2 rooms in the same category or will they have to process 1 reservation and then do the 2nd? Our first choice is POR preferred and I am assuming there will be very limited availability if at all. Can't wrap my head around how I am going to be able to get 2 fd rooms near one another. Stressing this year especially after the disappointment of this morning. :crazy:
Depending on the age of your guests. If it's two adults and all children under 18 it should be covered as one reservation. I'm not sure if it's two separate reservations.

The waiting is killing me, but we are going regardless. The only thing that I hate and that makes me nervous for our booking is that we are a family of 5 ( actually 6, but she is under 3). We are booked at POR with the handicap roll in shower room which books about a year out. We already had to change our dates when we booked because the room was not available for my desired dates. If FD hits and our room category ( preferred) runs out or is not included I guess I'm just SOL because there is not way we can be as flexible as we would like. Oh well, at least we will still be at Disney and I was able to score all the ADRs I wanted, including BOG dinner so I guess I can't complain.

Depending on the age of your guests. If it's two adults and all children under 18 it should be covered as one reservation. I'm not sure if it's two separate reservations.

It is actually going to be 2 adults and 1 child in one room and 1 adult and 1 child in another but I am paying for the trip.

We are still flexible because we haven't booked our flights yet but we would like to go in September what's the best time? We were planning on 13-19
When I book free dining, and I have 5 times now, I usually start my trip on the last day free dining is offered in September/October. It has never really been crowded. We did do a Halloween party one year that was a joke---you could not even walk there were so many people. Turned out it was a CM and family and friends night. We have never had a problem getting ADR's and because we are rope drop people we always rode everything more than once. End of September beginning of Oct is not bad at all.

Does anyone know how the crowds are around sept 30-October 7 ish?

Last year we went the 30th to the 8th. Crowds were not too bad, except at some points in Epcot due to the F&W. We enjoyed it enough that we are going 28-5th this year.

Last year we went the 30th to the 8th. Crowds were not too bad, except at some points in Epcot due to the F&W. We enjoyed it enough that we are going 28-5th this year.
Thank you! This will be our first trip in the fall. We went in the spring in 2013 and mk closed due to capacity with us stuck in the middle, so we thought we would try out the fall and hope for lower crowds.

In case you haven't checked the Nov hours that dropped a few days ago, MK closes at 4:30 on Nov 17. That along with the party days will make MK VERY crowded on non-party days that week. Just thought you might want a heads up for planning purposes.

I believe you said your tickets had already come in the mail? What kind of tickets did you purchase as most do not come in the mail anymore. Anyway, I'm doubtful that you could exchange these, but it never hurts to ask. It will definitely take a phone call when/if free dining opens up.
I really want to take my kids to the MNSSHP... good idea or waste of money... we would be going Sept 13th
We enjoy it. Whether or not we go again this year will depend on the ticket prices. The first time we went it was like $35.00 a person we are up to $70.00 and really nothing has changed except the addition of Jack Skellington and Sally. I enjoy me some villians and where else can a grown woman dress up and act the fool without being judged? Not sure how old your kids are but the dance parties are fun and the characters are everywhere. Not to mention you get to see quite a few that are not normally around. The fireworks are the best Disney does and I love the parade. But at $70.00 a person....it becomes a personal choice on where you want to spend your money. Same thing goes with the Wishes dessert party--it was great for $25.00 a person. For $65.00 not so great---same fireworks---same view--no assigned seats and some sparkling cider---I think they ruined that one.

When I book free dining, and I have 5 times now, I usually start my trip on the last day free dining is offered in September/October. It has never really been crowded. We did do a Halloween party one year that was a joke---you could not even walk there were so many people. Turned out it was a CM and family and friends night. We have never had a problem getting ADR's and because we are rope drop people we always rode everything more than once. End of September beginning of Oct is not bad at all.
To the contrary we did MNSSHP in early September and we walked on every ride! We rode splash mountain 3x in a row and were the only people in the boat! They didn't even make us get off we just stayed on! It was my DS 3rd birthday!image.jpeg

I upgraded a 5 day magic your way ticket to a Florid resident silver annual pass for $89.00. I got the silver because the black out dates are dates that I would never go to Disney anyway---too hot and too crowded. It gave me the ability to attend the Flower and Garden festival and the Food and Wine plus all of Halloween and a few weeks before Christmas if I want to see decorations. In fact we used the tickets to see the Osbourne lights for the last time. I was shocked when she said $89.00 I figured at least $200.00. Needless to say before the pass expires we will have used 20 days of park hoppers, I think I got my moneys worth on that Disney deal.
My biggest regret when moving from Boca Raton to Cincinnati...handing over my FL license to the Ohio BMV. I should have claimed that I lost it...lol. I miss quite a few of my Fl resident perks!!!

I'm debating MNSSHP as well! Or just doing Pirates and Pals to watch Hallowishes (this will be 9/11). It will just be me and my 3 year old and I cannot for the life of me make up my mind :mad:

In case you haven't checked the Nov hours that dropped a few days ago, MK closes at 4:30 on Nov 17. That along with the party days will make MK VERY crowded on non-party days that week. Just thought you might want a heads up for planning purposes.

I believe you said your tickets had already come in the mail? What kind of tickets did you purchase as most do not come in the mail anymore. Anyway, I'm doubtful that you could exchange these, but it never hurts to ask. It will definitely take a phone call when/if free dining opens up.

4:30???? What the heck?????? For a party??? Did they extend party hours or are they ending that earlier too.....

Closing at 4:30 is nutz.....
This is very unwelcome news.

I'm debating MNSSHP as well! Or just doing Pirates and Pals to watch Hallowishes (this will be 9/11). It will just be me and my 3 year old and I cannot for the life of me make up my mind :mad:

We have done MNSSHP 4 times, it is one of the primary reasons we keep traveling during the fall. The feeling of being in the parks during a special time, with unique fireworks and parades and shows, it's amazing! And the ride lines are always so short, especially at the end of the night, it's like being the only ones in the park. It's a MUST do for us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter