2016 Free Dining Watch

When are you trying to travel?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why I love going the second week of September. I had no problem getting the adrs I wanted. Even a bog dinner at 6:30pm. I was very shocked about that one.
We're going the 1-11th and I just changed 2 of my times this morning. I changed my Ohana last week. Everything is still pretty open. I just put in our dates for resorts and every resort still has openings too. Hoping it stays that way, but seeing free dining coming, I'm sure it won't.

Thank you for all the replies! I'll plan for the busiest and hope for the best!

In case you haven't checked the Nov hours that dropped a few days ago, MK closes at 4:30 on Nov 17. That along with the party days will make MK VERY crowded on non-party days that week. Just thought you might want a heads up for planning purposes.

I purchased directly throuhh disney since.i was getting the military room discount. I did the math and it would be more beneficial to get the free dining over room discount if they will allow me to exchange my tickets

I believe you said your tickets had already come in the mail? What kind of tickets did you purchase as most do not come in the mail anymore. Anyway, I'm doubtful that you could exchange these, but it never hurts to ask. It will definitely take a phone call when/if free dining opens up.

We were there 9/12-9/19 last year-planned that week because it seemed like it would be slow according to all of the crowd calendars-they were WAY off! Going to give 9/3-9/10 a shot this year.

We have been that week in November and it was nice, but that was several years ago.
That's weird, I went that same week last year and thought it was great.

The past 2 years we have gotten FD and have gone 9/8-9/13 for DSs birthday. (week after Labor Day) It was not crowded at all! I used to be a teacher and my dad was a teacher so I've only ever gone to Disney in the summer when it's a zoo! It is definitely hot but I love the heat! I would totally go again that week but DS starts kindergarten on 9/6 so I can't exactly pull him out the first week! (Darn school!) lol Were shooting for the last week of August now and by the looks of the restaurant and room avaialbity I'm hoping it won't be too crowded. Especially since most kids (except Northeast states) will be back at school.

Ok so, I know it's been posted in the thread already. But y'all, 204 pages!!! Anyone have a link handy to the November hours that are being referenced? And tia!

This is the first time I will have to book 2 rooms which I am being told is 2 separate reservations. If free dining is released and I call, will they be able to hold 2 rooms in the same category or will they have to process 1 reservation and then do the 2nd? Our first choice is POR preferred and I am assuming there will be very limited availability if at all. Can't wrap my head around how I am going to be able to get 2 fd rooms near one another. Stressing this year especially after the disappointment of this morning. :crazy:

That's why I love going the second week of September. I had no problem getting the adrs I wanted. Even a bog dinner at 6:30pm. I was very shocked about that one.
I got a BOG lunch on Sunday and a dinner the following Saturday. And when I booked there were multiple times available for both. I also booked a pre park opening CRT for Saturday and I got an Ohana breakfast without any trouble at all. Everything I wanted when I wanted it. It really was surreal--like what I imagine the twilight Zone dining reservation center would be----whatever you want----still waiting for the catch.

Apparently Annonymouse from Chip and Co reported that Free Dining will drop for DV on 4/27 and to the general public on 5/1. It's from a reliable source. They've always been right every year. What do you all think about this?

May 1st is a Sunday...has Free Dining ever been announced on a Sunday? If this is true, the phone and website are going to be an even bigger $h!tshow than last year!

We're going the 1-11th and I just changed 2 of my times this morning. I changed my Ohana last week. Everything is still pretty open. I just put in our dates for resorts and every resort still has openings too. Hoping it stays that way, but seeing free dining coming, I'm sure it won't.
I'm sure people wanting to go during that time would have booked their adrs in advanced. I would never wait to book free dining THEN try and see what I could get for adrs. You would be taking a big chance on not getting what you want.

Apparently Annonymouse from Chip and Co reported that Free Dining will drop for DV on 4/27 and to the general public on 5/1. It's from a reliable source. They've always been right every year. What do you all think about this?

Not only is this from last year, but the "right every year" is wrong also, since that year.. they were wrong! 4/27 was for everyone in 2015.

No, I don't understand...but I'm considering doing APs if a 30% off room discount gets released for pass holders only on the 4 nights in December that I have booked...I have 2 non expiring hopper tickets that I was planning on using..but I may just old on to them.

Here's my thinking- I buy memory maker..which would be included in the AP...room discount would be $768..not have to buy 3 day park tickets...and since we are going in December we have a full year to visit again..We are going to Europe in summer of '17 for 15 nights..so a summer disney trip is out (which I don't do anyway lol)...but maybe a quick October trip could work.

It won't save me money, but it could come close to a wash, I think about a $100 difference. I would probably only purchase the AP for myself and just purchase separate tickets for my son.
I upgraded a 5 day magic your way ticket to a Florid resident silver annual pass for $89.00. I got the silver because the black out dates are dates that I would never go to Disney anyway---too hot and too crowded. It gave me the ability to attend the Flower and Garden festival and the Food and Wine plus all of Halloween and a few weeks before Christmas if I want to see decorations. In fact we used the tickets to see the Osbourne lights for the last time. I was shocked when she said $89.00 I figured at least $200.00. Needless to say before the pass expires we will have used 20 days of park hoppers, I think I got my moneys worth on that Disney deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter