2016 Free Dining Watch

When are you trying to travel?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish they'd come up with some system where the FD folks couldn't make reservations at the 180 day mark...maybe more like the 90 day mark or something.
Unless they change the rules so that offsite guests can't make dining reservations until the 90 day mark, this will never work.

I've been looking through old threads trying to see when the "rumors" started to surface every year. It seems like it's right around the beginning of April. So, we have about another month of sweating and speculating to see if anything happens. Meanwhile, the 180 day mark for my proposed trip will pass this month and I'm left trying to convince everyone in my family that we need to wait to book our rooms....

If I remember correctly, free dining has been released over the years during months of March, April, and May?

If I remember correctly, free dining has been released over the years during months of March, April, and May?[/QUOT

2012 - 3/1 (Visa holders), 3/5 (gen public)
2013 - 5/6 (Visa holders), 5/9 (gen public)
2014 - 5/2 (Visa holders), 5/7 (gen public)
2015 - 4/27 (gen public)

Any thoughts on FD being offered early November? Specifically Nov 4 -12? I know it's jersey week this year, but I hope by checking in on a Friday (11/4) I may catch if being offered the prior week?? Fingers crossed!

What happens if you already purchased a package with dining, and then Free Dining offers come out for the time of your visit?

What happens if you already purchased a package with dining, and then Free Dining offers come out for the time of your visit?
You simply modify if online or by calling in. If the package has been paid in full then you will get a refund.

Hey there, what is the bounce back? What does that mean exactly?

A bounceback offer is an offer made by Disney only to current guests at Disney World...ie, you have to be currently staying at Disney to get a bounceback offer. The offer HAS to be booked while you are on your stay...not after. It's usually something like free dining, or a deep resort discount for the following year sometime around the same timeframe you're staying currently...but it can vary a little. The idea is to entice people to return by offering a good deal that has to be acted upon immediately. While there is no guarantee of a bounceback offer at the time of your visit, they generally are available.

You can look for them inside the booklet they leave in your room when you check in. If there's not one there, you can dial 8844 from your resort room phone to check if there are any bounceback offers currently available.

Following this thread! We are honeymooning Sept. 11-15 at VGF (renting points) but are also planning to stay the week before, or the week after, at POR. We're waiting to book it, hoping Free Dining is going to pop up in the next month or so.
First CONGRATS!
If I were you, I would book your stay now, and then change it if FD is offered. That way you won't be disappointed if you can't get the resort you want.
IMHO

You'll lose any ticket discounts, as well as any resort discounts. Rack price on the rooms with free dining can sometimes be more than a room discount and paying out of pocket.

As for my family, we love to go to DW in the fall....but will not go during a free dining period ever again. Too crowded, both the parks and the restaurants. Getting reservations can be insane. If they're going to continue the free dining promo (which I wish they wouldn't), I wish they'd come up with some system where the FD folks couldn't make reservations at the 180 day mark...maybe more like the 90 day mark or something.
Also did not have an issue with crowds during December 2015 FD. Some of the restaurants were busier than others, but we never had poor service r/t it.
I did, however, have to book the hard to get ADRs right at my 180 mark, but I assumed that was true even if there was no FD offer.

Does anyone remember what time of day free dining was available to start booking? Last year I was busy with the kids all day and didn't check my email until 8:00 pm the day free dining was announced. I got really lucky because my dates were still available but I don't think I will get that lucky twice!:)

Does anyone remember what time of day free dining was available to start booking? Last year I was busy with the kids all day and didn't check my email until 8:00 pm the day free dining was announced. I got really lucky because my dates were still available but I don't think I will get that lucky twice!:)

I think it came out at like 4 am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter