2016 Free Dining Watch ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not very happy with Disney right now. I have talked to two different people in customer service. I need two queen beds at Coronado for a week in November. I already have my mom booked with a water view king with free dining. The woman had me book another king with free dining and then said to call first thing in the morning and if someone has cancelled or changed hotels they will be able to give it to me since I am locked in with the free dining. Well after being on hold for an hour another guy in customer service tells me this is not true and that if someone cancels free dining or changes hotel that room will go back to regular pricing and I can not get it. The only way I will ever get a room according to him is if the hotel decides to open up more rooms for free dining (which is very unlikely according to him) or I change resorts. *** why are people telling me different things. I am thinking of saying forget it to going at all this year. There will be 4 of us in a room and the only reason I booked the king is because customer service told me too. I do not know who to believe but I feel like I am wasting my time and should just cancel my moms reservation too. I have stayed there for years and if I can't stay there I might as well not go. Very disappointed

I could be wrong, but I think she was trying to tell you that getting the king room was the only way of securing free dining right then. They didn't have 2 queens, so reserve the king if free dining is most important. Wait for the 2 queens to open up to try to get those. Your other option would be to skip free dining all together, and just settle for the 2 queens without free dining.

My mother-in-law reserved 2 queens at CSR for Nov 15, but wanted a king. She was able to reserve a king because it was still available. I'll ask her if she's canceled the queens yet (she might have just modified, in which case, they'd already be canceled). I'll let you know, if those are the dates you're looking at.

A kindred spirit!! Following this thread has been like constantly touching a sore tooth, it hurts but you can't stop!!! No Disney for me this year but hoping for FD for the whole family next year!
Is it too early to start a FREE DINING 2017 thread?!!!???
Go for IT!!!! :)

Hey guys, just a friendly heads up to check your reservations again this morning. Sometime last night we saw that because of our changes, we got booked for 2 rooms instead of 1, our magic bands got cancelled and all our tickets got dropped from the software. We still have our dining, and the price didn't change, so the tickets have to be there somewhere, but just wanted everyone to double check that everything looks right. We called this am and they are working to fix it, and will email once it's all remedied. She said this happens kinda regularly as there's a glitch in the system. So, go check! :-)

So is anyone else going Dec 10-15? We're going and don't have children and would love to share some drinks with some Disney fanatics.

We will be there 12/11-12/16! No kiddos for us either! We scored free dinning at CBR! Where are you staying?

I could be wrong, but I think she was trying to tell you that getting the king room was the only way of securing free dining right then. They didn't have 2 queens, so reserve the king if free dining is most important. Wait for the 2 queens to open up to try to get those. Your other option would be to skip free dining all together, and just settle for the 2 queens without free dining.

My mother-in-law reserved 2 queens at CSR for Nov 15, but wanted a king. She was able to reserve a king because it was still available. I'll ask her if she's canceled the queens yet (she might have just modified, in which case, they'd already be canceled). I'll let you know, if those are the dates you're looking at.
Please let me know. I am looking for November 17-25. Thanks

Hey guys, just a friendly heads up to check your reservations again this morning. Sometime last night we saw that because of our changes, we got booked for 2 rooms instead of 1, our magic bands got cancelled and all our tickets got dropped from the software. We still have our dining, and the price didn't change, so the tickets have to be there somewhere, but just wanted everyone to double check that everything looks right. We called this am and they are working to fix it, and will email once it's all remedied. She said this happens kinda regularly as there's a glitch in the system. So, go check! :-)

I see our park tickets are all listed as 10+, even though we have two under 10. I think I'll wait until next week to have my TA get it fixed. It sounds like the phone lines are still pretty hectic.

Curious question for the FD veterans...How many days do the phone lines stay "heavy" when an offer drops like this?

Last year I booked a preferred at CBR because it was the only option for FD, a week or two later a standard opened up and I grabbed that instead. Keep stalking the site, they constantly change. I know you said you have a TA watching but i'm too type A for that, i'd keep checking myself :D
I'm hoping for this! I booked CSR, which I think most of us will love, but I am worried about my 5 year old who is a little timid in the water and would be much better off with the zero entry pool at CBR and the pirate splash area. Not a deal breaker, but I will keep checking to see if something opens up.

That's ridiculous that you tried to book a moderate at 4am and couldn't get one. Disney should just stop this free dining if they are going to just tease people with it. You were right there when it dropped and couldn't even get a moderate.

I agree 100%. I believe they never opened any. There is no way they could have. Truly at 4am I logged in and there was not FD promo, but when I hit refresh it was there. And then when we got the Disney Visa email at 7:44am we logged on immediately with the link included and even though I know the there may have been a little difference in # of rooms that were available, it was still the same resorts. Now, the only thing available are deluxe.
Personally, they should have just stopped the FD promo sometime the week prior to October 1 since the only thing available after 9/26 is deluxe resorts. The few ASMu suites or cabins that were available are long gone. They could have easily showed FD stopping on 9/26 and then opened it later if they needed to.

Curious question for the FD veterans...How many days do the phone lines stay "heavy" when an offer drops like this?
It took me a week and I got through with about a 20 minute wait calling late at night. But I'm not a patient person, and I hung up a few times after waiting for 45 minutes or so a few days before that.

Thanks for posting about your call, I was just wondering if it was worth me calling in this morning. I got CR in November but really wanted to check in a day earlier and haven't had any luck online with the dates freeing up. Now I'm feeling lucky with the five nights I did get.
Keep trying though, when I booked there was definitely a couple of options at CR, they just went fast. Hopefully something frees up for you and I get my extra day!:-)
good luck! The only option I saw at CR when I checked was a $12K option. Lol! I knew it would be a long shot for Poly this year... Oh well! I'll happily stay there without FD. I'll be in WDW at my fave place! ;)

I just checked... about had a heart attack while the page was loading, lol. All my stuff is still there and still correct but I STILL haven't received a confirmation email! Thanks for the heads up!

And more specifically in November...
good luck! The only option I saw at CR when I checked was a $12K option. Lol! I knew it would be a long shot for Poly this year... Oh well! I'll happily stay there without FD. I'll be in WDW at my fave place! ;)
Changing three buildings at the Poly to DVC reduced the regular room count, so they may not need FD to fill the rooms.

Well I struck out this morning...no more mods available for my dates...starting to wonder how many hours of my life this mess is worth. I did have fun reading this thread though! And I guess I'll keep an eye on the website just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter