2016 Free Dining Watch ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can generally book bouncebacks for a different time frame than when you are currently traveling. For example, if you go in November, you will most likely see room discounts being offered for select dates throughout all of 2017. So, you would have a chance at reserving a discounted room during the Flower Festival.

However, if you were looking for free dining, those bouncebacks are limited in timeframe. It would be unlikely that a spring free-dining bounceback would be offered, since that promotion is generally reserved for the fall. Also, in our case, we were traveling under free dining in November last year and couldn't even get a free dining bounceback for this upcoming November. They keep shortening the free dining dates, as well as the timeframe with which they offer them as bouncebacks (the free dining bouncebacks expired days before we arrived last year).

Bummer!!!!! But at least I will know my options before we arrive-I totally like being informed! The Dis Board definitely does this for us!!

Thanks!

It depends on what the bb offer is at the time you're staying at Disney. FD is the typical bb if you stay between August - October. November stays are typically a room discount for the following year. You can book it for any dates available in the bb.

So maybe the room discount?? At least I will know to look for the options prior to going! Thanks!

Last year the free dining bounce back offers could only be booked through Oct 31st. You will see a room only bounceback when you are there in November, unless they change things up this fall.

Thanks for the help! It does seem that they are changing things up all the time!

Let me explain a little better on that one - First 4 nights onsite we book POP with 9 day park hopper tickets. We then leave on a 4 night Disney cruise and then come back for a further 4 nights room only at Port Orleans. So we picked up free dining on the first 4 nights at Pop and paid the difference to upgrade quick service to the standard plan and then got the room only discount on the second stay at Port Orleans.
Make sure you use all your dining credits before you leave for the cruise. The credits will expire midnight of the day you check out of pop. Sounds like a fun trip!

Brutal honesty needed. Is it possible in the coming weeks that my existing standard room at CBR could have a chance at FD? I do have a TA watching. I'm booked 11/19-11/25.

Last year I booked a preferred at CBR because it was the only option for FD, a week or two later a standard opened up and I grabbed that instead. Keep stalking the site, they constantly change. I know you said you have a TA watching but i'm too type A for that, i'd keep checking myself :D

Not very happy with Disney right now. I have talked to two different people in customer service. I need two queen beds at Coronado for a week in November. I already have my mom booked with a water view king with free dining. The woman had me book another king with free dining and then said to call first thing in the morning and if someone has cancelled or changed hotels they will be able to give it to me since I am locked in with the free dining. Well after being on hold for an hour another guy in customer service tells me this is not true and that if someone cancels free dining or changes hotel that room will go back to regular pricing and I can not get it. The only way I will ever get a room according to him is if the hotel decides to open up more rooms for free dining (which is very unlikely according to him) or I change resorts. *** why are people telling me different things. I am thinking of saying forget it to going at all this year. There will be 4 of us in a room and the only reason I booked the king is because customer service told me too. I do not know who to believe but I feel like I am wasting my time and should just cancel my moms reservation too. I have stayed there for years and if I can't stay there I might as well not go. Very disappointed

It is completely possible! First 4 nights onsite we book POP with 9 day park hopper tickets. We then leave on a 4 night Disney cruise and then come back for a further 4 nights room only at Port Orleans. So we picked up free dining on the first 4 nights at Pop and paid the difference to upgrade quick service to the standard plan and then got the room only discount on the second stay at Port Orleans.

Ah. Split stay. That explains it.

Not very happy with Disney right now. I have talked to two different people in customer service. I need two queen beds at Coronado for a week in November. I already have my mom booked with a water view king with free dining. The woman had me book another king with free dining and then said to call first thing in the morning and if someone has cancelled or changed hotels they will be able to give it to me since I am locked in with the free dining. Well after being on hold for an hour another guy in customer service tells me this is not true and that if someone cancels free dining or changes hotel that room will go back to regular pricing and I can not get it. The only way I will ever get a room according to him is if the hotel decides to open up more rooms for free dining (which is very unlikely according to him) or I change resorts. *** why are people telling me different things. I am thinking of saying forget it to going at all this year. There will be 4 of us in a room and the only reason I booked the king is because customer service told me too. I do not know who to believe but I feel like I am wasting my time and should just cancel my moms reservation too. I have stayed there for years and if I can't stay there I might as well not go. Very disappointed

I would not give up yet. I still think it's possible for rooms to open up if this year is anything like last year. Hang in there!

Me too. My coworkers certainly had a good laugh at my expense. That being said I did get free dining however it was not for the resort we wanted but I am still thankful that we are going to Disney. We are going to try All Stars Music if I can pull myself away from the disboards and the disney site from compulsively checking availability. :surfweb:
(I will need to change my ticker)
Here's hoping that everyone gets what they want in the end pixiedust:
We are tryng All Star Music for the first time too! We originally had CSR booked but decided to save some more $$ and go with Music. Here's hoping we both have a great time!!

Haven't been on here this morning and maybe this has already been mentioned but I just wanted to say that I just checked availability for Pop on Nov 15-19th and there is standard room showing up as well as at the All Stars too. I also just checked for Nov 26- Dec 3rd and nothing at Pop but when I dropped the last day and had check out on Dec 2nd Pop standard is available then too.
Maybe that's not new info for this morning but when I was looking last night at those dates I couldn't find much availability and none for standard.

I have a travel agent holding 2 rooms at Pop for November 16-22. However, the system will not allow him to apply the FD promotion right now. I am hoping he can add the FD once all of the dust settles. Has anyone else had luck this morning?

wow! I did not know that! thanks for the info! and I apologize for sharing incorrect info. .... oh my,, my bad, I just looked at my reservation, for aug 26 (free dining bounceback) and the balance isn't due until July 27 . now I am doubly embarrassed! I had the info right in front of me!
I did not know it was now 30 days! Is it still 24 hours before checkin to cancel and receive refund less $200 deposit? I hate purchasing trip insurance! Never mind I see now it is 2 days prior to check in to cancel. For some reason I thought it was only 1 day last year.

Anyone know the answer to this? I was going to call once the craziness dies down but figured I'd try here first: I made ADRs back at 180 days. All of my family and their birthdays are in the Disney system from previous years. When I look at my ADRs it says 2 adults, 1 child, 1 infant. DS (my lucky FD baby) turned 3 yesterday so he has been booked as a child and will get FD this year instead of stealing all the food off my plate! Haha I don't get why he is coming up as an infant this year especially when his birthday is in their system and came up as 3 for the resort reservation! Will it make a difference when we go to eat at the restaurant if he is listed as an infant but I have the FD credits for him?

I had a similar thing last year with my kids ages being messed up. Just call tech support and they can fix it.

We were their in September and we were able to get a bounce back for free dining in June. It was only offered for a week at the end of may beginning of June.

Nice! Will see what they offer us when we get there. I am just so excited to be going this year!

Thanks for your help!

How in the world did the system allow you to book a king room for four people? I would call back and ask for guest services to resolve this issue. Someone messed up by letting you have a room that didn't meet occupancy codes.
We were their in September and we were able to get a bounce back for free dining in June. It was only offered for a week at the end of may beginning of June.
we booked the June free dining bounce back, too. We are leaving in 39 days. :). I was really pleased to see Disney recognize that whole sections of the country couldn't take advantage of the fall free dining offers. It's about time we caught a break.

I managed to get a CSR room with FD, but just checked availability for our dates at a Value (because I'm a little obsessed right now), and there are NO resorts with FD for Sept 30-Oct 5 in any category! I know we'll love CSR and I'm over the moon to get a room, but I have to say we did really well on the QSDining plan last year, as they let you convert a counter service meal to three snack credits - we ROCKED the EF&WFest and would park hop over there at least once a day to forage! I end up paying ~$400 more for CSR than I would for Pop, which is pretty much the cost of upgrading to the DDP for 5 days, but that's about a bajillion dollars Canadian, so I felt it prudent to check for a Value. No availability alleviates my guilt at upgrading!

How in the world did the system allow you to book a king room for four people? I would call back and ask for guest services to resolve this issue. Someone messed up by letting you have a room that didn't meet occupancy codes.
we booked the June free dining bounce back, too. We are leaving in 39 days. :). I was really pleased to see Disney recognize that whole sections of the country couldn't take advantage of the fall free dining offers. It's about time we caught a break.

We were excited too since we decided that last year was the last time we were going to take the kids out of school. They are just getting to old.

Hi the girl had me book a king room for two people even though I have four people because she said that I would be able to move into a queen room and then add my kids to the reservation since I am locking in the free dining. I could pick up someones queen room if it was cancelled or modified. The guy today told me that is not true. The only reason I booked the king was because she told me I could do this to ensure I get free dining and now another customer service person said no that cancelled rooms go to regular pricing and not back to free dining. It is so confusing and I am getting mixed information from them.

I have been following along off and on all day! Finally got through all of the posts! FD threads are the best! I'm so happy for all who were able to book the FD and RO that they wanted. I definitely agree with others who have said to keep watch for anyone who did not have success today. It seemed like last year many were able to get what they wanted later.

Now I'm looking forward to FD 2017 when we will be hopefully going back!

A kindred spirit!! Following this thread has been like constantly touching a sore tooth, it hurts but you can't stop!!! No Disney for me this year but hoping for FD for the whole family next year!
Is it too early to start a FREE DINING 2017 thread?!!!???

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter