2016 Free Dining Watch ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I booked the FD offer this morning at Music and just now got an email from visa for special dining pkg, but the start date is 8/14 instead of 8/23. I don't want the early dates, but all rooms are already booked there for the FD. Gee thanks for that heads up Visa!:rolleyes1

We got the discount off the myw package last January and this February. it was still a good deal. You won't be disappointed to go then!

Thanks for the encouragement! Any insight on what that percentage was then? I am glad we decided on when to go, just bummed sitting here without anything booked . I am so impatient with all this excitement! lol

I called this number 407-939-4357. This is the number to tech support. Yes, not the right number, BUT tech support answers immediately!..and they transferred me to someone in reservations! I literally called and got to someone within 2 minutes. I was so nervous that I could barely speak! lol I had a standard room at POR booked, but she said there are only pirates room available at CBR.

just curious, how long is the wait times on the phone and do you have to put a $200 down deposit when booking or do you have 7 days like years past?

I was up last night at 4, and was able to change my reservation to FD but had to change my resort from POR riverside to CBR. I do have a Disney visa but didn't get an email from them yet, I tried calling but it just is silence then hangs up. I would prefer to stay at POR but am not sure if they even have my dates available.

Strange how things work out. I was trying for CBR Standard view 9/21-9/28 but could only get Pirate theme rooms at 4:30 am. Ended up booking a Royal Room at POR with FD

Very happy to wake up this morning and finding out my TA got us exactly what we wanted around 5am this morning. 11/26-12/4 CBR Standard view. Feels good to officially have a trip booked because with a family of 5 (2 adults, 1 Disney "adult" and 2 kids) we need the discount and it's the only way we can go right now for as long as we like to go.

Ok, there about a billion people calling. I'd give them a mulligan here.
Okay but it has been the same for every free dining offer they have ever had----with a company as big as Disney someone should have figured out a better way by now. This happens every time. Disney doesn't get mulligans---at least not from me. They charge for superior service and that "Disney Magic".

Definitely different inventory DV vs. GP. I just checked our dates and it's showing no availability at the GF under GP FD offer but good selection, including standard/garden outer building on the Visa offer.

We had Coronado booked this morning with free dining since there were no rooms at Pop. We really wanted All Star Movies for my 5 year old son who loves 101 Dalmatians. I priced the back to school deal and what do you know it was $275 cheaper with the same dining package and preferred room. I didn't have to pay for park hoppers we don't use or the expensive preferred room for moderate. So I'm very surprised right now since we have done free dining 5 years in a row.

Most just blindly assume FD is the best deal for them at Disney. Dining habits is something very overlooked by many. It always pays to check all offers.

Is it too early to make a post for free dining in 2017? LOL

I have been lurking here for a couple weeks. Stumbled upon this site when I heard about the FD promotion from some friends who are going this Sept. We want to wait to go next year because our youngest will be 2 and more manageable. Hoping Disney offers FD next year, but we will go regardless, even if we have to stay off site to get a deal. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone on here. You have been so helpful and I have learned so much!

Okay but it has been the same for every free dining offer they have ever had----with a company as big as Disney someone should have figured out a better way by now. This happens every time. Disney doesn't get mulligans---at least not from me. They charge for superior service and that "Disney Magic".

Yeah, I think it sucks. I just don't know what the can do.

Thousands of people are calling, they have tons if phone lines and CMs working, it's just system overload.

I always go from having 3 months to go, to leaving the next days no not being packed :(
i hear you. I always laugh at everyone packing a month out, saying I have tons of time. Then this past year waited too long and was running around crazy trying to get it done. (I still think a month is overkill though:rotfl:)

Was up several times to check last night, but was focused on that 4:00 AM time frame based on last year and the Dis being down. Got on right after it popped up, was able to book a standard at CSR, our second choice, (but really a tie for first, we love CBR and CSR, but have stayed more often at CSR) for our dates of November 18th thru 28th. We did not have a reservation already, just made a new one. Our friends traveling with us got the same room type and dates at CSR as well! Again, they did not have a previous reservation either. Thank you to everyone for their camaraderie as we have waited and to @black562 and @thedirtysteve, and @smitch425 for your valuable information!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter