2016 Free Dining Watch ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't find any info. I am looking at arriving on September 30th and staying until October 9th. Will this still qualify? Or does the entire duration have to be within the free dining dates?

thanks in advance!!!

A List of the extras that you get at a FW cabin for that extra cost (in no particular order)
1. Peace and quiet and privacy
2. A kitchen and dining area
3. 2 TV
4. Kids don't have to share a bed
5. A huge fridge with an ICE MAKER! (One of my personal facorites.)
6. A charcoal grill
7. A porch with a picnic table
8. If the wind blows right, the smell of the horse barn at the bus stop. (This may not be a selling point. :rotfl:)
9. Lots of friendly squirrels :squirrel:
10. Parking at your door.

A golf cart isn't necessary. We found the internal bus system to be very effeciant. We used it before we picked up the cart. But the cart is so much fun!

#8 LOL! As odd as it would seem....but WOULD be a selling point for DD15 and I! Horse barns are a "happy place" for me so that scent is like aroma-therapy!
True story- I chaperoned a class trip of DD's. As we neared the barns, her class mates began holding their noses. DD turned to me and whispered, "I guess I'm the only one who thinks that smells good."

curious whether anyone else made ADR's in anticipation of booking when FD comes out?

i did about a week and a half ago because we had decided on our dates and wanted to book FD.

i got everything i wanted for exact times i wanted except for skipper's canteen.

i was the "travel agent" for my sister last year when she booked FD and it took me literally months to find availability at restaurants she wanted so i knew i wanted to try to avoid that stress for myself.

A List of the extras that you get at a FW cabin for that extra cost (in no particular order)
1. Peace and quiet and privacy
2. A kitchen and dining area
3. 2 TV
4. Kids don't have to share a bed
5. A huge fridge with an ICE MAKER! (One of my personal facorites.)
6. A charcoal grill
7. A porch with a picnic table
8. If the wind blows right, the smell of the horse barn at the bus stop. (This may not be a selling point. :rotfl:)
9. Lots of friendly squirrels :squirrel:
10. Parking at your door.

A golf cart isn't necessary. We found the internal bus system to be very effeciant. We used it before we picked up the cart. But the cart is so much fun!
The Cabins are cheaper than staying at Art of Animation and upgrading from the QS dining plan to the regular DP also.

We have 2 rooms at POFQ booked for 11/30-12/6 under the magical deal, upgraded to DxDDP (2 adults, 1 Disney adult, 3 kids), no hoppers, for $6,314. I emailed my TA about changing to 11/28 to get the FD, and she said to watch for emails from her when it drops. I did a mock reservation, and when I add in the cost of hoppers, though, I don't think getting FD will be much of a savings over what I have. And we get to be at POFQ, which we love, although I wonder if we should explore other resorts... I'm enjoying the FD Watch, but is it going to make a difference for us? DH and I already figured it has to be some serious savings to switch resorts.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I can't find any info. I am looking at arriving on September 30th and staying until October 9th. Will this still qualify? Or does the entire duration have to be within the free dining dates?

thanks in advance!!!
As long as your check in date falls within the FD dining dates you will be okay.

The price is great for a Deluxe no doubt, and it can't be beat. But you still have to factor in the cost of food. That's where FD at a mod becomes the better deal.
Even if I add in food expense, it was only $500 more to stay at poly than CBR with Free dining. That's with a TS, CS and snacks every day. That's factoring in the park hoppers I would have been forced to buy and The fact that 2 days we will be at universal so don't need the free food. Also figured on preferred room at CBR. But still, only $500. Way worth it.

thanks in advance!!!
For the FD promo, your check-in date has to be with-in the dates listed. Then FD carries over for your length of stay. At least that's what I've read posted here and other places... many times.

curious whether anyone else made ADR's in anticipation of booking when FD comes out?

i did about a week and a half ago because we had decided on our dates and wanted to book FD.

i got everything i wanted for exact times i wanted except for skipper's canteen.

i was the "travel agent" for my sister last year when she booked FD and it took me literally months to find availability at restaurants she wanted so i knew i wanted to try to avoid that stress for myself.
Yes! I made reservations at 180 days for my August dates and my late September dates! We'll see which ones I have to cancel! Lol

Help please- I currently have three rooms checking in on Nov 28-supposedly free dining dates in general. They are preferrred rooms at POR which I was hoping to switch to free dining (a $2430 savings for us). I see where POFQ is not included but I am not seeing POR being excluded for the whole time.

Help please- I currently have three rooms checking in on Nov 28-supposedly free dining dates in general. They are preferrred rooms at POR which I was hoping to switch to free dining (a $2430 savings for us). I see where POFQ is not included but I am not seeing POR being excluded for the whole time.
POR is most likely only the 8/23-10/1 dates

In everyone's opinion, what's the best Disney hotel for 2 adults, 2 teens and a tween. Everyone needs their own space, but could share a bed.

POR usually has limited dates compared to the other resorts.

In everyone's opinion, what's the best Disney hotel for 2 adults, 2 teens and a tween. Everyone needs their own space, but could share a bed.
We did two connecting rooms at pop one year and loved the space and the resort is fantastic! I would do that again in a heart beat.

Sheesh y'all were busy! 18 pages since I went to sleep last night.

I'm gonna play around today and make sure I've got a first choice, second choice, third choice. We are also a family of 5 and the choices stink!

Does anyone else think the October 1 date is weird? That's a Saturday and all precious years that October has been blacked out the FD dates ended on the Friday before the first weekend in October. We were planning on driving down after work and checking in LATE on 9/30 to get FD but if we can avoid that and stay somewhere half way the night before that would be GREAT.

Hello, new here and had a question? We currently have 4 rooms booked at POR in Sept and with FD coming, hopefully what are the chances of us getting the FD added? I would have my TA do it for me, but would she have to call? I haven't had a chance to ask her..

TA's can modify your reservation on-line as soon as the deal drops. But many TAs don't stay up all night waiting for it and have standard hours. You can always book your own reservation, cancel the original one you had, and then transfer the new one to the TA.

I really depends on your budget. But the cheaper options will be All-Star Music or AoA suite, or 2 rooms at a value.

I believe someone said the Canada offer excluded it, but did Black or Steve ever confirm if AsMo was excluded?

See and my TA told me yesterday that "Looks like Monday should be the day" for FD (and also hopefully room discounts)...and I'm not a DV cardholder because I'm in Canada. So much uncertainty floating around!
Air canada vacations has already posted that packages with free dining will be available to book monday, also black posted in the other thread same as south america, should be everyone then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter