• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2016 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: September 14 - November 14, 2016

We were

We were in Italy as you videotaped the flag performers. We left at 4:30 and have been holed up at BWV since. The weather hasn't been as bad as we expected. Looking forward to Matthew's departure.

I was pretty happy, too. Matthew was not bad at all. I am glad you guys got through safe and sound. I hope the rest of your vacation is amazing!

So did anyone get to The Chew taping? I was watching today's show, and noticed they taped at night. We were at Epcot from Tuesday afternoon to Thursday morning, but didn't notice anything. I had applied for tickets, but was rejected again.

My adults enjoyed the Italian Luncheon today!!
View attachment 200429View attachment 200430
My daughter was afraid of the lobster/caviar, so they brought her cantaloupe, arugula, and potatoes.
View attachment 200428 View attachment 200431 View attachment 200432 View attachment 200433 View attachment 200434

That all looks yummy!

We have our luncheon scheduled for this coming Friday and seeing how it appears the menu changes, I'm a little nervous now about which we may end up with. I'm not a fan of pheasant and a few other things listed on a previous poster's menu so if I end up with that one, I won't be eating much. Wonder if there's any way to find out which menu they serve on a particular day? Anyone know?

Someone posted above about getting fruit instead of cheese. I told my daughter, so she told the waiter not to bring her the Lobster. He offered several choices, and she went with the vegetarian selection. She said the lady next to her had salmon instead of the pork.
It's Disney.. just let them know before the food comes and it seems they try to accommodate you.

She also mentioned that at the Party for the Senses, you could ask for items without the meat. She had the duck taco without the duck...

That all looks yummy!

We have our luncheon scheduled for this coming Friday and seeing how it appears the menu changes, I'm a little nervous now about which we may end up with. I'm not a fan of pheasant and a few other things listed on a previous poster's menu so if I end up with that one, I won't be eating much. Wonder if there's any way to find out which menu they serve on a particular day? Anyone know?
They have about six menus that they rotate. The pheasant was really wonderful. I'd never had it before and it was delicious. If you like chicken, you would like this pheasant. No wild taste at all. I think I actually tried to lick the plate.

Any experience with/thoughts on Rockin Burger party? I see burger pics but curious about what else is offered- wine,beer, mixed drinks? And any side stations or dessert stations?

Any experience with/thoughts on Rockin Burger party? I see burger pics but curious about what else is offered- wine,beer, mixed drinks? And any side stations or dessert stations?
We did it on Sept 30. We had reserved seating ($129 per person). The Nosh Pit seats weren't of interest to us (they had private bars set up for special booze time) and we had done the mad rush seats for another event. We were let into the venue at 6:45 and offered a glass of Prosecco (offered a second glass while we were seated and eating). We immediately headed to the food to check them out.

Our burgers were:
1 - Malai Chicken and Mushroom Burger by the guest chef, Maneet Chauhan
2 - Beer Battered Burger with Garlic Aioli, tomato chutney and mixed greens from Cookes of Dublin. It was okay, but not my favorite.
3 - Spicy Jalapeno Philly Cheese Steak Burger with Onion and Bacon Fondu on a butter roll.
4 - Southern Classic burger topped with Fried Green Tomato, Pimento Cheese and Applewood smoked bacon on a parker house roll from D-Luxe Burger
5 - STK Famous LIL BRGS, Wagyu beef with special sauce on sesame seed bun from STK
6 - Chicken Fried Steak Burger with Crispy Onions and white peppercorn Gravy on Texas Toast from Beaches and Cream
7 - Chicken Burgerdilla, gluten-free from Elaine's Chef inspired Creations.

My favorite was the Philly Cheese Steak Burger (the first one I ate). It was put together as I was standing there. Most of the others that I had were already put together and waiting for the guests to pick up one. I really wanted to like the Chicken Fried Steak burger and beer battered burger, but didn't care for either. Ate a few bites of each before putting them down. Also didn't care for the STK burger, too rare (hamburger should never be served less than done). But I guess my issue is that I eat a burger with ketchup and maybe tomato and/or lettuce. Not much else. I scraped off much of the toppings on the already made burgers and could ask for the jalapenos to be left off the one I liked best. My husband liked the Chicken Fried stead burger. My son kind of liked the Chicken burger and the Chicken Burgerdilla (GF).

They also had some stations set up for mashed potatoes and tator tots (with multiple toppings like gravy, cheese, ketchup, ranch dressing, sour cream, butter, bacon bits, blue cheese, cheddar cheese, nacho cheese, green onions and jalapenos). Also Macaroni and Cheese with similar toppings but also some vegetables to top the macaroni and cheese. Also a "cone station" with cones of antipasto salad, kale collard and watermelon slaw and housemade snack mix. Cones were usually plastic cone bags, not edible cones. The finger food station had fomo de Minas cheese bread, pan fried vegetables dumpling with pickled ginger sauce, cheeseburger spring rolls and drunken pig wings. I tried the cheeseburger spring roll after reading about them here, but they were not that good. My husband and son both hit up the potatoes and macaroni bars but I was already getting full.

For beverages, besides the prosecco, they had various beers (of which my husband probably tried most of them), wines and one rum cocktail (Nosh Pit had access to much more hard stuff). But my favorite was the milkshakes - Salted Caramel Crunch and Butterfinger Blast. I had the Butterfinger Blast which was very good. The Salted Caramel got its salt from crushed pretzels. Not a big fan of crushed pretzels, so I didn't have one of those. Many of the beers were displayed in bottles, but they opened a bottle and poured you a glass. You didn't get the bottle or even the whole bottle's worth of beer.

Beers were Budweiser, Landshark Lager, Mega Mix PA, Tourist Trappe Belgian-Style Ale, Miami Weiss, Slingback Perry Ale, Too Hop'd to Handle, Modelo Especial, Modelo Negra, Pacifico. Wines were Flora Springs Barrel Fermented Chardonnay, Flora Springs Sauignon Blanc, Affentaler Monkey Spatburgunder Pinot Noir, Hex vom Dasenstein Red Blend. My son like the Monkey best of the wines.

I didn't think the music was too loud (but we were seated towards the back). The DJ was pretty good as well as the live music. We stayed for the entire party and left at 9pm.

Last edited:
Yes. Two books this year: the regular Food and Wine cookbook, and The Chew cookbook. Both we're available inthe Festival Center. My wife got the Chew cookbook.

Any chance you have a pic of the cover of these? I have a F&W cookbook at home from a previous year. Wondering if I'll need to budget some souvie money for another that I don't have yet.

What's the typical wait in line time? Newbie to the festival, and not sure if it's feasible to just walk around and eat or if I should keep my Epcot ADRs....

What's the typical wait in line time? Newbie to the festival, and not sure if it's feasible to just walk around and eat or if I should keep my Epcot ADRs....
It depends on when you go. If you are there on the weekend, plan on 20-30 minutes in a line. If you are there during the week closer to the time when the festival opens for the day, maybe two to five minutes. Dinner time during the week, 15-20 minutes.

It depends on when you go. If you are there on the weekend, plan on 20-30 minutes in a line. If you are there during the week closer to the time when the festival opens for the day, maybe two to five minutes. Dinner time during the week, 15-20 minutes.

Even on the weekend some of the lines were only 10 minutes or less when we were there. We are "open" eaters, so when we saw a reasonable line we'd hop in! The lines looked much longer than they actually were in most cases. The exception when we were there was Craft Beers - it was crazy long during the hottest part of the day (since people wanted to go into the air conditioning) and was probably at least 30 minutes on both sides on Saturday. Every other day, no line.

If you are a foodie I would definitely cancel your ADRs. You can always pick up another ADR on the fly on your phone or stop in at one of the many Epcot quick service restaurants if the kiosk lines are too long for you.

That was not our experience.

We had very short wait times of less than 5 minutes at most every station and we were there from kinda busy times to VERY busy times. I don't know if we just hit everything right. There seemed to be an obsession with speed at almost every station.

Definitely cancel ADR. I would have burst if I had eaten a meal anywhere. We did do one quickservice and split it amongst the four of us a snack...but very filling food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter