• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2016 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: September 14 - November 14, 2016

THANK you for posting the pictures of the $59 tasting sampler! I'm trying to figure out what is excluded... like the $32 taste of Don Perignon? Can anyone post the exclusions? it seems like at $7.37 a pop using this for food sample that cost $4.50 is silly. It's basically for alcohol, and like some one said it's best used for mixed drinks over $8.00 or you losemoney on the "deal". Thanks for any help finding out what is covered with the Sampler!

Does anyone know if someone will post the menus with pricing anywhere?
THANK you for posting the pictures of the $59 tasting sampler! I'm trying to figure out what is excluded... like the $32 taste of Don Perignon? Can anyone post the exclusions? it seems like at $7.37 a pop using this for food sample that cost $4.50 is silly. It's basically for alcohol, and like some one said it's best used for mixed drinks over $8.00 or you losemoney on the "deal". Thanks for any help finding out what is covered with the Sampler!

Does anyone know if you can use multiple sampler credits in a transaction or if they have to be used one at a time?

There was only one booth that told me they had to do it one at a time. I can't remember which one though. There were quite a few that had no problem taking 2 vouchers for 2 items.

This was posted earlier in the thread but I couldn't find it as quickly as going to the original source and re-posting. From easywdw:

coupons.jpg

I did a spreadsheet and of all the food booths and cost of each item then highlighted what was the best value with the sampler. Sometimes you can balance it out with the 6 dollar items if you also get 10 dollar items . if anyone wants a copy of the spread sheet pm me.

I usually wouldn't do a spreadsheet but I had one job today and that was wait for 1 phone call and I could't do anything else so that is how I killed the time.

Had a great time at my first F&W today thanks to all the advice on this board. The lines were short to nonexistent this afternoon (except for France) until 5+ and even then, lines seemed to move quickly. And poor Ireland always seemed to be empty. It was very amazing to see the sudden enthusiasm for cheese soup appear at as it cooled down in the evening.

My Favorites from today:

Chew Collective's Peanut Butter & White Chocolate Mousse

Greenhouse Guru's Duck Confit with Creamy Polenta and Fire-roasted Salsa and Heirloom tomato salad. I expected the salad to be a bit of a throwaway but it was really fantastic.

Islands of the Caribbean's Quesito. I love pastry and this was a yummy one

Chocolate Studio's Liquid Nitro Chocolate Almond Truffle

Disappointing:

Worst dish of the day by a landslide was the seared scallop w/ root purée from Wine and Dine. Was excited to try this after the positive reviews from the preview, but I was not a fan. This was pre-plated and was sitting around for a while. Texture was so unpleasant, I had to force myself to swallow. I wish the scallop and veggies had been seared more or perhaps just been cooked more recently.

Morroco's spicy hummus fries. I think I just got unlucky b/c they handed me the lonely single portion off an empty tray and they tasted like they'd been fried a loooong time before. Great flavor. Soggy texture. I would try to get a fresh one if you can.

I like the AK ones better, because they have dark rum instead of just coconut rum. I did like the macadamia nut rum & dole whip that they had at Flower & Garden in 2015. They didn't have it this year though. You can also get an alcoholic dole whip drink at Trader Sam's. I haven't had that yet.

Ah - thanks! I will much prefer the dark rum ones. I will wait for AK day!

I did a spreadsheet and of all the food booths and cost of each item then highlighted what was the best value with the sampler. Sometimes you can balance it out with the 6 dollar items if you also get 10 dollar items . if anyone wants a copy of the spread sheet pm me.

I usually wouldn't do a spreadsheet but I had one job today and that was wait for 1 phone call and I could't do anything else so that is how I killed the time.

I feel you here. I am bored about 50% of the time at work. I made a spreadsheet a couple of years ago (in sig) and have been updating each year. Thinking about taking it to the next level this year and increasing the fancy-ness. I have that much spare time at work - especially this time of year. :rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1 That will change in November, tho.

Had a great time at my first F&W today thanks to all the advice on this board. The lines were short to nonexistent this afternoon (except for France) until 5+ and even then, lines seemed to move quickly. And poor Ireland always seemed to be empty. It was very amazing to see the sudden enthusiasm for cheese soup appear at as it cooled down in the evening.

My Favorites from today:

Chew Collective's Peanut Butter & White Chocolate Mousse

Greenhouse Guru's Duck Confit with Creamy Polenta and Fire-roasted Salsa and Heirloom tomato salad. I expected the salad to be a bit of a throwaway but it was really fantastic.

Islands of the Caribbean's Quesito. I love pastry and this was a yummy one

Chocolate Studio's Liquid Nitro Chocolate Almond Truffle

Disappointing:

Worst dish of the day by a landslide was the seared scallop w/ root purée from Wine and Dine. Was excited to try this after the positive reviews from the preview, but I was not a fan. This was pre-plated and was sitting around for a while. Texture was so unpleasant, I had to force myself to swallow. I wish the scallop and veggies had been seared more or perhaps just been cooked more recently.

Morroco's spicy hummus fries. I think I just got unlucky b/c they handed me the lonely single portion off an empty tray and they tasted like they'd been fried a loooong time before. Great flavor. Soggy texture. I would try to get a fresh one if you can.

You got rooked on the hummus fries,when I had them there were 3 included, they were nice and crispy as a matter of fact I was glad for the sauce type they came with so I could smear it on them and kind of soften them up. They were actually may favorite thing out of all the booths.

Do you think its pointless to try an book a food and wine pairing now that its less than 30 days till my trip? Couldnt convince my boyfriend earlier to try one and now hes interested.

I tried calling on tuesday and the two i was interested in seemed booked.

Do you think its pointless to try an book a food and wine pairing now that its less than 30 days till my trip? Couldnt convince my boyfriend earlier to try one and now hes interested.

I tried calling on tuesday and the two i was interested in seemed booked.

The tickets are non-refundable so anyone who has already booked is most likely not going to cancel. Did you try doing it on line? I called and did mine when they first opened but from what I understand some are bookable on line. You might also try a different one, from what I've read, there really areant any bad ones.

You got rooked on the hummus fries,when I had them there were 3 included, they were nice and crispy as a matter of fact I was glad for the sauce type they came with so I could smear it on them and kind of soften them up. They were actually may favorite thing out of all the booths.
I'm assuming they're fried and the trouble with fried food is there is such a tiny window when something is nice and hot and than quickly deteriorates into a soggy mess.

Oh, if only I had a moment of free time at work. I leave tomorrow morning for the "World" - I should use my sick pay instead of vacation as this is truly mental health therapy!

I agree! I leave in 24 days and am totally looking forward to this mental health break!

@Tozzie I will definitely send you a pm! This is our first food and wine festival and I really want to be prepared, and I also adore a good spreadsheet! Excel is my best friend hahaha

Oh, if only I had a moment of free time at work. I leave tomorrow morning for the "World" - I should use my sick pay instead of vacation as this is truly mental health therapy!

Ditto. Leave at noon tomorrow. Checking in here every break I get. I only work to be able to do the things I want to do. :tigger:

I'm assuming they're fried and the trouble with fried food is there is such a tiny window when something is nice and hot and than quickly deteriorates into a soggy mess.

Yeah and in these cases, it is often better to be in a line than to have no line and walk right up and get what is left. In a line, they keep the food coming.

Does anyone know if you can use multiple sampler credits in a transaction or if they have to be used one at a time?

Yes you can. Ordered two pineapple mezcal margaritas, gave them two entitlements, no problem. The only time I've had to "separate" a transaction was when I wanted to pay with a gift card for one item and with the entitlement from the sampler for another item.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter