2016 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: September 14 - November 14, 2016

I've finally convinced my husband to come with me to F&W this October and debating getting the premium package. My first trip to F&W was Oct 2nd 2014 and it was so incredibly hot in the 90s. This time we are a little later (10/16-10/18) and visiting Epcot on weekdays (Mon and Tues). From the description from last years premium package the thing that most stands out is the ability to sit at tables and let CMs get our food for us. I thought I read that at least some of the tables are in the shade and/or covered from sun/rain? So, I'm trying to determine if the premium package is worth it for us since we are visiting on weekdays....
I have nothing else booked for us as the dates we are at F&W this year just don't have much to book anyway and being my DH's first time I think he is more interested in taking in the booth experience.

Things we can't predict, like weather, would make this an easy decision as if it rained or was as hot as it was the last time I went would make me want this perk big time.
But say the weather was mild and the lines not that long on weekdays, those of you who have enjoyed the premium package in the past, would you still think it was worth it?
What were the premium seating areas like? Which seating areas, if any, were crowded and had the longest wait? Any advice is appreciated :-)

Yes the biggest perk is the seating areas and being waited on. There were no waits - sometimes the seats were full but there was always at least a table. Food came in about 5 minutes after ordering. It's only offered M-Th (all 4 days) so you can't get it on a weekend anyway. Yes I would do it in your scenario. The umbrellas saved us from an unpredicted rain shower one day! Also, even if the temps are mild the sun can still get intense so the shade was welcome too.

Here's our video with our review of the Premium Package as well as us eating in the Premium seating areas. Also the playlist below is our entire Oct 2015 trip where you can see us getting waited on M-Th and what that was like.

Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLX-M6xaJhefx5FikUJO1z6FSTKQosHKH5

Review:

As I previously posted, I failed to get the Italian Food & wine pairing luncheon for October 21st. Tried both VISA at 7 AM and DVC at 9 AM.
I need some help for tomorrow. My basic plan is DVC at 9AM when it opens. But are there earlier alternatives?
Can this luncheon be booked online through my Disney Experience & if so, what time?
Any help is appreciated. This is the only date we can do the luncheon & I am worried that somehow this date is problematic (i.e. large group in attendance, special event has pre-empted - which has happened to me before etc.)

I definitely agree with the others who say do NOT wait till 9:00am!! Call in at 7:00am and stay in the queue should you not get through to a CM right away!

Another tip: make sure you have the EXACT name of the pairing you want; restaurant location; start time; and cost. It will help the CM find the event faster! ;)

Wishing everyone good luck tomorrow. I am hugely relieved that I was able to get everything I wanted yesterday for my 2 F&W trips this year!

Thanks for the tips. Will try FEST # at 7AM & will try My Disney Experience, just prior, & simultaneous with my surely reasonable wait time. Will post my (hopefully positive) results.

Does anyone remember the cost of the premium package from last year. I can not remember at all. Looking at booking it this year if it does come available tomorrow.

Thank everyone,

Laura

I've finally convinced my husband to come with me to F&W this October and debating getting the premium package. My first trip to F&W was Oct 2nd 2014 and it was so incredibly hot in the 90s. This time we are a little later (10/16-10/18) and visiting Epcot on weekdays (Mon and Tues). From the description from last years premium package the thing that most stands out is the ability to sit at tables and let CMs get our food for us. I thought I read that at least some of the tables are in the shade and/or covered from sun/rain? So, I'm trying to determine if the premium package is worth it for us since we are visiting on weekdays....
I have nothing else booked for us as the dates we are at F&W this year just don't have much to book anyway and being my DH's first time I think he is more interested in taking in the booth experience.

Things we can't predict, like weather, would make this an easy decision as if it rained or was as hot as it was the last time I went would make me want this perk big time.
But say the weather was mild and the lines not that long on weekdays, those of you who have enjoyed the premium package in the past, would you still think it was worth it?
What were the premium seating areas like? Which seating areas, if any, were crowded and had the longest wait? Any advice is appreciated :-)

Honestly? We'd probably pay for the premium package even if it only included the seating a wait staff. It was lovely to be able to order a bunch of food, while kicking back (mostly in the shade). I really hope Disney offers it again.

Does anyone remember the cost of the premium package from last year. I can not remember at all. Looking at booking it this year if it does come available tomorrow.

Thank everyone,

Laura

I *believe* it was $199 per person last year.

Thank everyone,

Laura

$211.95 with tax added.

Additionally (because I love my spreadsheets), that was the same cost as the previous year, 2014, the first year it was offered, before the refund for the cancellation of the included special night time party, which became the burger/dance party thing.

Is the consensus that the premium package will be offered this year, but won't be bookable tomorrow but at a later date?
Unfortunately there is nothing else I want to book for our trip, well there is, it just isn't on our dates, or won't work because I already have something else booked. Wondering if I should try to call with the masses tomorrow.

Is the consensus that the premium package will be offered this year, but won't be bookable tomorrow but at a later date?
Unfortunately there is nothing else I want to book for our trip, well there is, it just isn't on our dates, or won't work because I already have something else booked. Wondering if I should try to call with the masses tomorrow.

Again...FWIW...The DVC CM that I talked to said that it would be bookable "in a couple of weeks". I don't really put a whole lot of stock in that...I just report what I was told.

Personally, I'm not going to stress about booking or even bother calling until I see it on the website. If & when it's available, I'd expect the info to be at:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/e...val/#/drawer=drawerFestivalPackagesActivities :)

I wouldn't add the stress of calling tomorrow for the PP even if it was available. From reports on the PP, it never sold out. Once it does become available, I would book it at your convenience.

Can't answer the premium seating areas but I can tell you that it will still be HOT. We have been going the same time of year for the last few years now (right around the 16th-18th of October for a week) and it is extremely warm. We enjoy walking around the booths more during the week, mid day, because we notice it is less crowded than evenings but it's still busy.

We went the first week of November last year and it was still super hot! The premium areas were awesome because some were shaded and all had chairs, tables, umbrellas, etc. None felt crowded to us - ie maybe there were a few other tables but it was never crowded. The food runners were fast and provided great service. Each premium area "covered" 3-4 booths. For us, the relaxed seating, having food runners, etc would be worth it no matter what the weather is. So, yes, I at least would highly recommend the premium package.

hope that helps!

The Premium areas are small and the way it was set up last year, each Premium area was served by 2 - 3 booths. Each area could maybe seat 6 - 10 people and the Cast Members did an amazing job keeping the non-premium people out. Not all of the seats were shaded or covered. It really depended on the location of the booth.

We were there the first week of F&W last year and never had to wait for a spot. Sometimes, we were the only ones in the Premium area. Cast members were welcoming, entertaining and they always took our order right away. The longest wait that we had for our food once we ordered may have been 8 - 10 minutes.

We're going during Halloween week this year and will absolutely get the package if/when it's offered. Even though it's not very crowded on weekdays, it was wonderful being able to relax.

Yes the biggest perk is the seating areas and being waited on. There were no waits - sometimes the seats were full but there was always at least a table. Food came in about 5 minutes after ordering. It's only offered M-Th (all 4 days) so you can't get it on a weekend anyway. Yes I would do it in your scenario. The umbrellas saved us from an unpredicted rain shower one day! Also, even if the temps are mild the sun can still get intense so the shade was welcome too.

Here's our video with our review of the Premium Package as well as us eating in the Premium seating areas. Also the playlist below is our entire Oct 2015 trip where you can see us getting waited on M-Th and what that was like.

Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLX-M6xaJhefx5FikUJO1z6FSTKQosHKH5

Review:

Honestly? We'd probably pay for the premium package even if it only included the seating a wait staff. It was lovely to be able to order a bunch of food, while kicking back (mostly in the shade). I really hope Disney offers it again.

I *believe* it was $199 per person last year.

Thanks everyone !! This really helps tremendously !! The F&W is not something my DH would ordinarily do and he would prefer to avoid the extra expense of the premium package, so I was reluctant to push for it as I wasn't sure if it made a big difference on a weekday.
Now I can't wait !! That video does a beautiful job showing what the F&W is like as well as the benefits of the premium package. Great job peasandcarrots !! How hot was it during your stay last year? The breeze in the video made it look much more comfortable compared to when I went in 2014. I felt like I was baking in a pizza oven the first day in Oct 2014. Thankfully visiting with my buddies made it a blast anyway.

Do the premium packages sell out?
Do you have to carry everything in the amenity bag around with you all day (wine bottle and wine glasses would be a pain)??
And if two people in the same DVC room order the package do they give you only one wine bottle, but 2 of everything else?

Again...FWIW...The DVC CM that I talked to said that it would be bookable "in a couple of weeks". I don't really put a whole lot of stock in that...I just report what I was told.

Personally, I'm not going to stress about booking or even bother calling until I see it on the website. If & when it's available, I'd expect the info to be at:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/e...val/#/drawer=drawerFestivalPackagesActivities :)

I wouldn't add the stress of calling tomorrow for the PP even if it was available. From reports on the PP, it never sold out. Once it does become available, I would book it at your convenience.

Ok this answers my question about selling out.
So no major rush to stay on the phone for an hour :-)

Thanks everyone !! This really helps tremendously !! The F&W is not something my DH would ordinarily do and he would prefer to avoid the extra expense of the premium package, so I was reluctant to push for it as I wasn't sure if it made a big difference on a weekday.
Now I can't wait !! That video does a beautiful job showing what the F&W is like as well as the benefits of the premium package. Great job peasandcarrots !! How hot was it during your stay last year? The breeze in the video made it look much more comfortable compared to when I went in 2014. I felt like I was baking in a pizza oven the first day in Oct 2014. Thankfully visiting with my buddies made it a blast anyway.

Do you have to carry everything in the amenity bag around with you all day (wine bottle and wine glasses would be a pain)??
And if two people in the same DVC room order the package do they give you only one wine bottle, but 2 of everything else?

I have to say that THE biggest mess (to us) of the Premium package was picking up the goodie bag and credentials at the Festival Center. It was a madhouse. But we were also there on the fist possible day that anyone could pick anything up, so the cast members were a little all over the place. My hubby & I each received the same goodie bag, so we got 2 bottles of wine. We chose 1 red & 1 white. They couldn't ship them back to the resort because of the wine, but we were at BWV, so we just took them back to the room right away.

It really was a great way to enjoy F&W and well worth the price...Enjoy! :D

That video does a beautiful job showing what the F&W is like as well as the benefits of the premium package. Great job peasandcarrots !! How hot was it during your stay last year? The breeze in the video made it look much more comfortable compared to when I went in 2014. I felt like I was baking in a pizza oven the first day in Oct 2014.

Thank you! :)

1) Yes they can sell out - do they? I don't know. Our week did not seem very crowded. (Oct 17-25, 2015)
2) I heard in 2014 the wine went to your room. In 2015 you had to pick it up. We got our credentials at 9 a.m. on Monday because I had heard early reports of long lines. There was nobody there when we picked ours up. I have no idea if they would hold the wine for you to come back for later, we just put it in our backpack.
3) You get 2 of everything including wine (one of everything per person). It's a per person package, regardless of whether you stay together. Since we got 2 bottles one of us chose white and one red.

Thank you! :)

1) Yes they can sell out - do they? I don't know. Our week did not seem very crowded. (Oct 17-25, 2015)
2) I heard in 2014 the wine went to your room. In 2015 you had to pick it up. We got our credentials at 9 a.m. on Monday because I had heard early reports of long lines. There was nobody there when we picked ours up. I have no idea if they would hold the wine for you to come back for later, we just put it in our backpack.
3) You get 2 of everything including wine (one of everything per person). It's a per person package, regardless of whether you stay together. Since we got 2 bottles one of us chose white and one red.
I have never heard of this selling out. I actually think it has been a little disappointing to Disney in terms of sales. My friend who used to work this event for Disney seemed to think it was not as successful as they wanted. (she's moved on to Legoland so no scoop this year)

I think it will be back but I expect either fewer features or higher prices.

We were there last year from 10/16-10/22 and it was in the upper 80's/low 90's. I do remember one day there being a pleasant breeze and that was on the 19th - I only remember that because that was the day we dined at Tutto Gusto for Italian Regional luncheon and we were so full we had to walk around a bit :).

I have never heard of this selling out. I actually think it has been a little disappointing to Disney in terms of sales. My friend who used to work this event for Disney seemed to think it was not as successful as they wanted. (she's moved on to Legoland so no scoop this year)

I think it will be back but I expect either fewer features or higher prices.

That's my concern too - I keep thinking - how much more would I actually pay...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter