2016 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: September 14 - November 14, 2016

The seminars I did were really just product commercials - so unless the actual brewer\distiller\winemaker is there I cant see doing them in future.
paying $15 for an infomercial just isn't worth it - especially since the product provided varies as well.
Some seminars are three full shots - others are pretty skimpy - it's not like they are pouring 30 year old scotch that cost $150 a shot - it's typically standard stuff. I was very annoyed by the 1/3 a shot of the anejo tequila (as I've mentioned before).

Although Ill be in Orlando (at Universal for HHN) during F&W next year I can rationalize the price of Epcot admission on top of the cost of the seminar to go over for a day and do one of the events unless it is something truly unique - for example the Mix it make it Celebrate with Morimoto - that's not something you can do every day and is truly unique - but adding Epcot admission on top of that for one day I cant see it.

I might consider the Trader Sams event since that is at the Polynesian and I would not need Epcot admission - that was very nice - it's just u it was so early in the day and you cant stay and have another drink since it ends around 2 and they dont open till 4.

I agree about the seminars. The pours at the tequila seminar were laughable. But what really annoyed me was the woman "helping" the speaker refilling the glasses of some attendees with tequila while completely ignoring others.

I agree about the seminars. The pours at the tequila seminar were laughable. But what really annoyed me was the woman "helping" the speaker refilling the glasses of some attendees with tequila while completely ignoring others.
That was probably me - I complained to the speaker and he had my three shots filled - but he didn't have them fill everyone.

That was probably me - I complained to the speaker and he had my three shots filled - but he didn't have them fill everyone.
Ha! No - she was walking around filling glasses of people she obviously recognized. The rest of us had to suffer with 1/3 of a glass. Some of her "friends" were downing the shot and getting it refilled

Ha! No - she was walking around filling glasses of people she obviously recognized. The rest of us had to suffer with 1/3 of a glass. Some of her "friends" were downing the shot and getting it refilled

In the past I went to Guest Services and complained about this type of behavior. Not sure it helps, but... it can't hurt. (I also told a rep once that her behavior pretty much made sure I would buy from the competition)

Thas way out of hand.

For those who think we are exaggerating here are the before and after shots:before.jpg

After saying something to the speaker:
After.jpg

As a side note - I did the first Trader Sams event and the drinks were a bit skimpy compared to some of the shots I saw at later events.
For example here is my Kentucky Spiced Cocktail - I've seen others and its a full drink - most of our drinks were samplers and not full drinks as later events reproted:
smalldrink.jpg

We attended the 9/28 Trader Sam's event and mostly got full sized drinks except for the Kentucky Spiced which was mostly the big honking ice cube. In all honesty, we were quite tipsy by the end of it and probably didn't need any more.

We had an awesome time and would highly recommend it as it was well worth the money.

I agree that some of the pours at the seminars were ridiculous. The wine pours we got at the Florida wine event were barely noticeable! At the Trader Sam's event we got full drinks.. even the hitching ghost mug that is about 8 inches tall it was full. The Kentucky spice cocktail was a little bit fuller than that but it didn't cover the ice ball. Honestly I have no complaints about the TS event the drinks were strong.

The tiny pours were the main reason we stopped doing the seminars. Plus, the wines at the seminars are usually featured at PFTS that Saturday night

The drink seminars bore me because most of the stuff I can easily find at the local store.

We did the Parisian Breakfast on Saturday, and they were more than generous with the mimosas. Our server kept refilling our glasses with champagne, saying "orange juice is too expensive". I thought I was going to have trouble walking around afterwards! :tilt:

We attended the 9/28 Trader Sam's event and mostly got full sized drinks except for the Kentucky Spiced which was mostly the big honking ice cube. In all honesty, we were quite tipsy by the end of it and probably didn't need any more.

We had an awesome time and would highly recommend it as it was well worth the money.

I agree that some of the pours at the seminars were ridiculous. The wine pours we got at the Florida wine event were barely noticeable! At the Trader Sam's event we got full drinks.. even the hitching ghost mug that is about 8 inches tall it was full. The Kentucky spice cocktail was a little bit fuller than that but it didn't cover the ice ball. Honestly I have no complaints about the TS event the drinks were strong.

I would agree with both of you it was a very good time and I would highly recommend it...I would have hung around a bit if they stayed open afterwards.
Looking at the photo of that drink others have posted mine was pretty skimpy - check our DFB for example.
I'm thinking at they first one they did not want to over do it and based on feedback they addressed that...or I just have really bad luck.
I did feel the food needed a little bit of work as well...but I was not expecting any food and the chefs were so proud of their work I did not have the heart to let them know it was pretty blah overall. They did a great job with the presentations though.

Passion Fruit Scallop Ceviche: Very good overall- but the salt did not work - was very hard and grity like sand
20160921_121745.jpg

Deconstructed Shrimp - OK
20160921_124655.jpg

Lamb Loin - this looked amazing - but was tasteless
20160921_131011.jpg

The rum cake had no rum in it - was very dry although they said it soaked for hours - again very creative presentation - and they lit it on fire could not get a good shot of that
20160921_134105.jpg

Last edited:
I would agree with both of you it was a very good time and I would highly recommend it...I would have hung around a bit if they stayed open afterwards.
Looking at the photo of that drink others have posted mine was pretty skimpy - check our DFB for example.
I'm thinking at they first one they did not want to over do it and based on feedback they addressed that...or I just have really bad luck.
I did feel the food needed a little bit of work as well...but I was not expecting any food and the chefs were so proud of their work I did not have the heart to let them know it was pretty blah overall. They did a great job with the presentations though.

Passion Fruit Scallop Ceviche: Very good overall- but the salt did not work - was very hard and grity like sand
View attachment 201836

Deconstructed Shrimp - OK
View attachment 201837

Lamb Loin - this looked amazing - but was tasteless
View attachment 201838

The rum cake had no rum in it - was very dry although they said it soaked for hours - again very creative presentation - and they lit it on fire could not get a good shot of that
View attachment 201841

Maybe it was the first party. I don't remember kosher salt On my ceviche but I might we wrong we usually use kosher salt. It wasn't something I notice. I thought the shrimp was good. I didn't have the lamb they substitute it with salmon and it was really good. I actually really enjoyed the cake it was moist I didn't tasted the rum. I am usually not a big fan of cake in general but mixed with the chocolate from the top it was so good.

You're not talking about the Tequila Lunch in Mexico. Correct?

No - they are talking about the $15 seminar.

THe tequila lunch as decent pours (I have a review of it in my dining review here: http://disboards.com/threads/i-want...e-10-17-dawa-bar.3549889/page-2#post-56555929)

No! The lunch was amazing.

This was the tequila beverage seminar.

Thanks.

We did the Tequila Lunch a few weeks ago and enjoyed it. However, no one received refills, so when I read about tequila refills, I got curious.

We did the Corazon tequila seminar yesterday and had full pours. Maybe it's the presenter?

The sponsor (Corazon) is required to give Disney the drinks (and pay for the priviledge!) So some of the wholesalers etc... are just cheaper than others. :) (I once watched a wine company rep give the "pourers" a hard time because they were being so chintzy... She pointed out she gave Disney X bottles and she expected ALL of it to be used in that seminar. The way the woman running the thing acted I wondered if the "extras" funded some staff party :) )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter