2016 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: September 14 - November 14, 2016

Read various posts on the small F&W gift card wristlet. We saved ours from last year in case we needed it, but just wanted to clarify. Are they selling this type again, another words you can activate it with any amount to begin, like for example $100 and reload????:confused3 Don't want the one that begins at $200. If the $200 is the only wristlet gift card available, then am I correct, I could bring the old one and "reload" the F&W wristlet from last year? :confused3THANKS as always!::yes:::disrocks:
I feel fairly certain that you could bring the one you used last year and use it again this year. I believe that the "deal" with the F&W gift card this year is that if you initially place $200 on it, that you're eligible for a special pin and lanyard, I don't think it's required that you start out with $200.

Hopefully someone who has already been to the festival this year will respond to your post.

EDIT: Here's the info from the WDW website, there's a limited edition gift card that requires $200 and a standard gift card that starts at $15.

Mini Festival Gift Card
  • Mini-size gift card with wearable wristlet
  • Activate with as little as $15
  • Swipe or scan to pay for food and more
  • Reload as often as you’d like
  • Unique design features the Festival logo
Available Locations
  • Pin Central
  • Festival Center
  • Bridge Kiosk East & West
  • Festival Marketplace kiosks
  • Festival Emporium (Canada pavilion)
  • Festival Boutique (Japan and Morocco pavilions)
  • Select merchandise locations throughout World Showcase

Don’t miss an all-new limited release 2016 gift card design celebrating the Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival! Gift cards must be activated with $200 and come with an Epcot International Food & Wine Festival-themed lanyard and carrying sleeve, only available with this gift card purchase. Supplies are limited—don't miss out on this Festival special!

Festival Gift Card
  • Limited-release gift with purchase
  • Festival logo lanyard with carrying sleeve
  • $200.00 activation required
  • Swipe or scan to pay for purchases
  • Full-size gift card
Available Locations
  • Festival Center

Last edited:
Does anyone know, for the "What's Cooking With" events that start at 9:15am, do they let you into the park early or do you just have to dash back to the Festival Center?

I feel fairly certain that you could bring the one you used last year and use it again this year. I believe that the "deal" with the F&W gift card this year is that if you initially place $200 on it, that you're eligible for a special pin and lanyard, I don't think it's required that you start out with $200.

Hopefully someone who has already been to the festival this year will respond to your post.

EDIT: Here's the info from the WDW website, there's a limited edition gift card that requires $200 and a standard gift card that starts at $15.

Mini Festival Gift Card
  • Mini-size gift card with wearable wristlet
  • Activate with as little as $15
  • Swipe or scan to pay for food and more
  • Reload as often as you’d like
  • Unique design features the Festival logo
Available Locations
  • Pin Central
  • Festival Center
  • Festival Marketplace kiosks
  • Select merchandise locations throughout World Showcase
THANKS for posting, seems like the Mini Festival Gift Card Wristlet is the one I want!:banana:::yes::

the $200 with medallion and lanyard is only for the special limited edition gift card which is a regular size gift card. it is NOT the same as the wristband gift card.

Does anyone know, for the "What's Cooking With" events that start at 9:15am, do they let you into the park early or do you just have to dash back to the Festival Center?

Early entry was only allowed for people who had breakfast reservations prior to 9am. We entered at the International Gateway. That entrance opened up at 8:45am, and all visitors were allowed in. We got to that entrance around 8:15, so we were near the front of the line when the gates opened.

Although there wasn't many people in the park at that time, crossing from WS to FW was like swimming upstream with everyone else rushing to Frozen. We had enough time to pick up our free AP tumblers before going to the Festival Center.

It should not take more than 15 minutes to get to the festival center from any of the gates, since the event time is after 9, you won't be let in before the gates open. IG is usually opened a bit before 9 anyway. Don't worry, they will not start the event without you unless you are very late.

THANKS for posting, seems like the Mini Festival Gift Card Wristlet is the one I want!:banana:::yes::

Yes it is and yes you can reload last years or buy a new one and keep loading it. I actually had $150 worth of other Disney gift cards already so after I bought my wrist one I went on the disney giftcard website and combined all of them onto the wrist one so I didn't have to carry any others around.

I had a 9:15 cheese seminar and they held me at the IG until they actually opened it. They opened the gate around 8:45 so it was no problem walking across the park and getting there in time. I actually got to the Festival Center before they opened it, they had a rope there holding people back, I was about 5 min. early for that opening. Once I got in I still had plenty of time to pick up my ticket for a wine tasting I had booked for later that afternoon.

It should not take more than 15 minutes to get to the festival center from any of the gates, since the event time is after 9, you won't be let in early. IG is usually opened a bit early anyway. Don't worry, they will not start the event without you unless you are very late.

The secret is to be at the gate early so as to be near the front of the line waiting to get in instead of the middle or back of the line.

Just have to say, while sitting in my office here in the Northeast in the rain and the dampness that gets you to the bone, I am pretty excited that in 16 days I will be putting everyone's great info in this thread to use in Disney! I am super excited to get the mini gift card too haha! Today's weather is the perfect day for me to start writing up the list of everything I want to try. Our first day at F&W (10/17) we have dinner at Le Cellier at 4:20 as well so I have to remember to pace myself!

Just signed up for wine seminar. Do we pick up tickets at Festival Center or are they now put on your magic bands?

the $200 with medallion and lanyard is only for the special limited edition gift card which is a regular size gift card. it is NOT the same as the wristband gift card.
I found it to be super easy to use this gift card. Took the plastic holder off the gift lanyard and put it on the lanyard with my sampler credential. Cast members were able to scan it without me having to remove it from my neck. Worked like a charm.

I wish that you could order the mac n cheese without bacon

I know how you feel. I've been wondering if I can get the filet without the mushrooms...
I don't see any reason why you couldn't. You might have to wait a few extra minutes. I watched as they added the bacon to my mac n cheese, and the filet is just set on top of the mushrooms.

I'm curious to know what the PFTS entertainment is going to be. I guess we'll find out in a few days

Arriving Sunday for a no-kids anniversary trip with DW and we can't wait. I've lost almost 30lbs since 8/1 and I fully plan on putting 5 back on. My biggest concern is re-introducing beer (had only 1 since July). If you hear about someone getting arrested trying to climb the Eiffel Tower in the France Pavilion after two beers, there's a good chance you can say "Hey, I know that guy." ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter