2016 Annual Christmas Gift List Ideas for TEEN GIRLS

Do you guys have iphones? As find my iphone app is free. I don't tell DD I track her but if she forgets to text she got to school etc. I just look at that app and it shows exact location of phone and real time movement of it - such as she is driving or walking etc. Is the 360 only different in that it texts you when the phone hits a certain location?

Three of my four kids have an iphone, one has an android, I have a Samsung, and my husband has a blackberry from his work. I know parents who use the find my iphone app to track kids. I would need to log in to each and every kids find my iphone (and know their login info) to do that. My kids are 24, 22, 14, and 13. And in addition, they can also track me. I can track my parents in other states, my niece, etc. I like that I hear the alert and can glance down at my phone while I am at work and see on my phone screen (without even unlocking it) that my kid has arrived or departed a location on our map like school.

One of the reasons I got this app is my daughter went to a party at a friends house. Another friend's grandma drove them to the party and I was to pick up. The problem is my daughter's phone died and I texted her friend for the address and it took 2 hours before her friend responded. I knew the neighborhood and general location and my spouse had been to this house like 6 years before (our older son is friends with the older brother in this house) but my spouse was not at home. It was getting close to pick-up time before I got the address. So I said, nope, not happening again and downloaded the app so I can locate her myself without going through another person. Also it tells me their battery strength on their phone. Six years ago I would have had the phone number for this mom as our boys were in scouts together, but I have no idea where that scout roster is right now. I didn't want to disturb the Grandma at 11PM either. The Grandma that dropped them off does live 4 houses down from me. Most older folks don't like calls after 8PM.

The Life360 app shows all your family members on one map at one time. You can zoom out to see everyone, or zoom in on one particular person. For example, my daughter was at the mall with friends last night and they tend to hand out at particular stores. I could zoom in and actually see which store in the mall they were at (this is an outdoor mall like you find in the Orlando outlets).

Last edited:
I got DD15 this "Hamilcat" shirt:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HJM2YM8/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last night while watching the Hamilton documentary she told me she wants a Hamilton shirt for Christmas. I had already found this one. It won't be what she is expecting, but I can't lose with a combination of Hamilton, a cat, and a pun!

For DD18 I think I'll get a Wacom tablet. She's going into graphic design.

Three of my four kids have an iphone, one has an android, I have a Samsung, and my husband has a blackberry from his work. I know parents who use the find my iphone app to track kids. I would need to log in to each and every kids find my iphone (and know their login info) to do that. My kids are 24, 22, 14, and 13. And in addition, they can also track me. I can track my parents in other states, my niece, etc. I like that I hear the alert and can glance down at my phone while I am at work and see on my phone screen (without even unlocking it) that my kid has arrived or departed a location on our map like school.

One of the reasons I got this app is my daughter went to a party at a friends house. Another friend's grandma drove them to the party and I was to pick up. The problem is my daughter's phone died and I texted her friend for the address and it took 2 hours before her friend responded. I knew the neighborhood and general location and my spouse had been to this house like 6 years before (our older son is friends with the older brother in this house) but my spouse was not at home. It was getting close to pick-up time before I got the address. So I said, nope, not happening again and downloaded the app so I can locate her myself without going through another person. Also it tells me their battery strength on their phone. Six years ago I would have had the phone number for this mom as our boys were in scouts together, but I have no idea where that scout roster is right now. I didn't want to disturb the Grandma at 11PM either. The Grandma that dropped them off does live 4 houses down from me. Most older folks don't like calls after 8PM.

The Life360 app shows all your family members on one map at one time. You can zoom out to see everyone, or zoom in on one particular person. For example, my daughter was at the mall with friends last night and they tend to hand out at particular stores. I could zoom in and actually see which store in the mall they were at (this is an outdoor mall like you find in the Orlando outlets).

THanks! I downloaded it last night and a few more questions if you don't mind.

1. Does this chew up data like crazy b/c it seems like it is always on in the backgroumd. I know pokemon go was insane and we had to stop using it...
2. I tested the emergency alert system and a California number called us. I have visions of everyone ignoring this number thinking it is spam. If I save the number as emergency or something do you know if it is ALWAYS this number that calls?

Thanks!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HJM2YM8/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last night while watching the Hamilton documentary she told me she wants a Hamilton shirt for Christmas. I had already found this one. It won't be what she is expecting, but I can't lose with a combination of Hamilton, a cat, and a pun!

DD17 is considering graphic design. Can you tell me more about this tablet?

Bought the waccom board for DD last year . The $300 one. She uses it but its a bit of a pain since you have to hook it up to your laptop. I wish I would have looked at the surface more. I stayed away from it because of the fear of the glass breaking and what that would cost to fix. We have gone thru so many iPhones.....

Do you guys have iphones? As find my iphone app is free. I don't tell DD I track her but if she forgets to text she got to school etc. I just look at that app and it shows exact location of phone and real time movement of it - such as she is driving or walking etc. Is the 360 only different in that it texts you when the phone hits a certain location?
You can set up the Find My Friends app to send you alerts when people arrive and leave locations. Same ID that is used for Find My Phone.

If you have Family Share set up in iCloud you would only need to log in with your ID on Find My Phone/Find My Friends and everyone who has an "iThing" with an iCloud ID will show up, no logging in and out with different IDs. You do not have to have an iDevice to have an iCloud ID so you could log in and see the people who do. You can also set up iDevices to record the last known location before a battery dies or a phone is shut off. Clearly with a mix of phone types this app is better for you but for people who are all iPhones Find My Phone/Friends does the same things and is free.

My DD is 20 but I'm still in need of ideas. As others have posted she's pretty much set in the way of things that would be big gifts so I won't have that "wow" gift this year. She will be moving to her own place this summer so I've been getting her things for a home. So far for Christmas I have dish settings for 8. She's into Vinyl albums so I'm thinking some Disney picture discs. Maybe a Fitbit? After that, I'm kind of lost. She not into fashion or make up. She's a professional baker but any tools she'd need, she has.

For those of you with DD going off to college Hunter boots were a HUGE thing on campus. If your in the North a great "long" winter coat and winter boots. Sorrels are big here. You may want to consider a homemade voucher for season football tickets. In Wisconsin they are sold in June and are around a 150.00. Our campus has a "red card" for the local food places like Chipotle, etc. I'm sure we aren't the only ones with a program like this

A good gift is a DECENT mattress topper. It made a huge difference in my second daughters life and i felt bad because I was to cheap to buy it when the first one went off to school. I'm sure Kohls will have a big black Friday sale and this would be a good purchase http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-21...ible-mattress-topper.jsp?pfm=rrrecs-pdp-gtab1 Find out if your dorms are Xtra long twin beds

With clothes be careful. In HS UGGS were huge but in college they were social suicide. IMHO sorrels are ugly boots but they are practical. It seems that they, college kids, become more practical when they are freezing their butts off.

when all else fails choose spirt wear and Yoga pants. Yogas are the official sweat pants for this generation. PINK has spirt wear for some schools.

Last edited:
DD17 is considering graphic design. Can you tell me more about this tablet?
Well, I was looking at this one:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B010LHRFWW/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

All I know is that her multimedia teacher had the school buy one (I don't know which model) specifically for DD to get to try out (and others could use as well). She got to bring it home once or twice last year. She won't be in that teacher's class again until next semester. I think she has mentioned it again when talking about trying to produce her own coloring pages. I don't know if it's a good model to buy, but the reviews seem okay and the price is right.

Thank you so much for mentioning the Wacom tablet. I had never heard of it, so looked that up. My younger dd loves to draw and is thinking of going in to graphic or fashion design. This looks like she would absolutely love it!

The Disney store has a code for free shipping (no minimum) today only. "FREESHIP"... and if you are looking for mini Tsum Tsums like me, there are a bunch for $1.99!!!

I have tween who loves Vera Bradley throws. Found a deal tonight on the VB eBay store. Everything is an additional 25% off. Free shipping. ($49 throws come out to about $18 each.) http://stores.ebay.com/Vera-Bradley

Thanks, I just checked this out, actually thinking about my 20 something niece. My girls probably don't know the name Vera Bradley, but the laser cut trifold wallets are just what DD15 has been looking for. DD18 has a decent wallet I think, but at $7.50 I got one for each of them.

DD13
So far I have...

- Mermaid tail blanket (there are lots on Amazon, I paid about $20 I think)
- small crossbody purse
- a few mini plush Tsum Tsum (she just de idea she wants to begin a collection)
- a pair of leggings
- a book (she gave me a list, I'll pick up a few others. The one I got so far is "The Cabin")

Normally she has some type of electronic on her wishlist (ipad, etc) or an otherwise big/expensive gift (futon). It doesn't look like that will happen this year so I'm looking for ways to still give a "wow" factor without that single big/expensive item.
We like to do experiences: concert tickets, sports tickets etc. My kids love those.

DD13
So far I have...

- small crossbody purse
- a pair of leggings
- a book (she gave me a list, I'll pick up a few others. The one I got so far is "The Cabin")

Normally she has some type of electronic on her wishlist (ipad, etc) or an otherwise big/expensive gift (futon). It doesn't look like that will happen this year so I'm looking for ways to still give a "wow" factor without that single big/expensive item.

We've done that in the past too. She got Lion King (Broadway musical) tickets last year as part of a family gift, and Ariana Grande tickets I think was the year prior? Years back we did Big Time Rush & One Direction tickets as well. Thanks for the reminder, I'll look to see if there might be an upcoming show she'd like.

I did pick up a few more things recently...
- An Instax camera (used a 60% off coupon at Michaels, paid $51)... still need to gets some film, which I'll use another coupon for.
- Using the Disney Store Friends & Family coupon, I picked up a Tsum Tsum sock pack, and a T-shirt she'd like
- Picked up a sweater & cami at Old Navy
- Hanging jewelry organizer (bought for $5 at Five below). I'll pick up some cheap jewelry items along the way and she can fill it up & organize on Christmas day (the 13 year old version of "playing with new toys after they are opened")

She mentioned wanting a magnifying make-up mirror, so I gave that idea to my mother, along with some clear make-up organizing units for her desk/vanity.

Things I've added to my list for potential purchase:
- Finding Nemo DVD/BluRay
- Mockingjay DVD/BluRay
- Allegiant DVD/BluRay
- the Jungle Book DVD/BluRay
- Boots (she likes the leather boot w/ sweater band @ top, Target has a few she has tried on and liked)
- Moccasin slipper shoes
- Something from Ivory Ella
- Sweatshirt for our local college hockey team (we go to most home games)

DD13
So far I have...

- small crossbody purse
- a pair of leggings

I used a JoAnn's store 60% off 1-item coupon, saved on my phone, and used it in-store at Michael's. I did ask an employee first, in case it was excluded (Like some brands are), but they said no problem, and took it.

I know it's early for Christmas but I just got these awesome hair bands for my daughters birthday. They are called sqhair bands. They fold like sunglasses and come in different colors, plain and bejeweled. A friend at work told me about them and my 15 year old uses them when she does art, her make-up or washes her face. And every once in a while with one of her quirky outfits.

Last edited:
I know it's early for Christmas but I just got these awesome hair bands for my daughters birthday. They are called sqhair bands. They fold like sunglasses and come in different colors, plain and bejeweled. A friend at work told me about them and my 15 year old uses them when she does art, her make-up or washes her face. And every one in a while with one of her quirky outfits.

Do you have a link? Where did you purchase them?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter