2015 WVL Holiday Tree exchange

Good Ol Gal

A Longhorn living in Buckeye Country
DVC Gold
Welcome Home!

**Note added 11/5/2105 - If we don't get someone to donate a tree to be shipped by Nov. 14, this resorts tree share will need to be cancelled***

This thread is for those who wish to participate in the VWL Holiday Tree exchange for the 2015 holiday season.

As of right now, I do not know how many trees we will have, but I'm hoping for at least one :jester:, but I know there have been years there have been two or three :sunny:

If you would like to participate, please send me a PM with the dates that you will be at VWL and the name your reservation is under.

Basics to know:

• I will try to fit in each family who wishes to participate in order to spread the magic. This means that while you may have a full week at WVL, you may not have the tree for all of your reserved days. (So you may be assigned days, and they may change a bit as we add more participants)
  • I will update this thread with the dates and names of our participants
  • Last day to sign up is November 13th.
  • Last day to participate is January 3rd.
Participation Information:
  • The tree will be shipped down to VWL by the donor (or if they are first on the list, they will bring it with them)
  • The tree box will have a list of all names and dates that will be participating (provided by me)
  • On your assigned first day you will pick the tree up from Bell Services after 11 am
  • On your assigned last day you will:
    • Pack the tree up
    • Cross your name off of the list
    • Return the tree to Bell Services before 11am
  • The last family will use an enclosed mailing address label and ship the tree back to their owners
  • Optional items:
    • The tree will come with an envelope for cash donations to cover the cost of shipping back to their owners
    • I have always added an ornament to the tree during our stay. I've either brought it from home or purchased one at WDW.
:santa::santa::santa:
My family has been lucky to participate in the Holiday Tree exchange twice and it brings such a special touch to the room!

Participating Families
  • Nov 20 - Nov 24 - Friendlyadvice2
  • Nov 24 - Nov 28 - Good Ol Gal
  • Nov 29 - Dec 02 - Michael188
  • Dec 19 - Dec 26 - DisFanatic
  • Dec 26 - Jan 03 - lodge

Last edited:
I did learn how to read, just forget to sometimes... sent a PM.

Last edited:
I don't need a tree this year but for anyone on the fence, it's a wonderful idea. We did it last year and it made our room that much more special! I loved that everyone before us payed it forward with a little something for the original donator of the tree .. i.e. lights, an ornament and or a donation to offset costs, as did we.

Well, I feel bad but I think we might have to cancel this share :guilty: We do not have a tree being donated and we are two weeks away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter