2015 Tervis yet?

kimkreis

Mouseketeer
Am cruising next week and have a small addiction to Tervis cups.

Are the DCL 2015 cups already on the boats?

Thanks

We just got off the Dream the first week of January and they had the 2015 Tervis's on the boat. Almost got that one and end up getting one with out the date on it.

Great thanks! I am a big soda drinker so I buy my new cup on first day and use it all cruise.

Does anyone have any pics of the 2015?

Get it when you see it. I wasn't sure I liked it, and they only have the big size, so I delayed. The next day they were gone when I wanted to show it to DH in case he liked it.

They did have a cute smaller one with a blue surfboard (or beach fence) design. Nothing dcl or date on it but cute.

Can anyone post a picture of the Tervis cups? I am also wondering what size they are (ie. how many ounces)?

Many thanks!

Can anyone post a picture of the Tervis cups? I am also wondering what size they are (ie. how many ounces)?

Many thanks!

The only sizes I've ever seen onboard (the Dream) are the 24 oz and 16 oz sizes. The size of the 2015 mug I saw was the 24oz size.

I HIGHLY recommend buying a handle ahead of time from tervis or bedbathandbeyond, etc, if you are planning to buy one. (they don't sell handles onboard)

Tervis is susceptible to *permanent* hazing/staining from sunscreen. While they will replace a mug that has been marked by sunscreen, that doesn't help when you have a limited edition mug like one gets on DCL.

If you have the handle, you don't have to worry about holding it with a hand that has just applied sunscreen. (like I did. and ruined my 2013 mug that a dis'er had so kindly purchased and sent on to me when I had non-buyer's regret)

Alas, I find no pictures yet, and I didn't get the opportunity to take a picture. They were all gone when I went to do that!

I went to their website and I'm loving the Star Wars one with Darth Vader...I'm such a nerd!

So can we bring these on board and fill them at the filling stations? How exactly does this work with the Tervis cups? It would be nice to know before I buy any.

TIA

Yes you may bring your Tervis cup or any cup for that matter on the ship. However DCL request that for sanitary and health reasons that we use one of their cups when getting ice or a beverage from the fountain and then pouring that into your cup. It prevents cross contamination. Just make sure their cup doesn't touch the top of your cup. I bring my own cup as I drink a lot of water and like to have my water bottle filled often and don't want to always run back up to the pop (soda) area. Plus I like the 24 oz cups.

Disclaimer I too am a Tervis lover I have 7 and have vowed that once I get this one from DCL this year it will be my last one. My family does not believe me. I have a DCL but its the smaller 16oz and I love the 24 oz.

The only sizes I've ever seen onboard (the Dream) are the 24 oz and 16 oz sizes. The size of the 2015 mug I saw was the 24oz size.

I HIGHLY recommend buying a handle ahead of time from tervis or bedbathandbeyond, etc, if you are planning to buy one. (they don't sell handles onboard)

Tervis is susceptible to *permanent* hazing/staining from sunscreen. While they will replace a mug that has been marked by sunscreen, that doesn't help when you have a limited edition mug like one gets on DCL.

If you have the handle, you don't have to worry about holding it with a hand that has just applied sunscreen. (like I did. and ruined my 2013 mug that a dis'er had so kindly purchased and sent on to me when I had non-buyer's regret)

Alas, I find no pictures yet, and I didn't get the opportunity to take a picture. They were all gone when I went to do that!

Did you call Tervis about it? They should still be able to replace it, even limited edition. The print on it is on an insert between the walls. They can take the insert out and put in a new tumbler. If you did call, I would try again, because I know this can be done.

Just under $20. :goodvibes

The 24 oz aren't that cheap; more like 24.95.

Did you call Tervis about it? They should still be able to replace it, even limited edition. The print on it is on an insert between the walls. They can take the insert out and put in a new tumbler. If you did call, I would try again, because I know this can be done.

I wrote them and they said they would try to replace the outer wall but there were no guarantees it would work. I chose to not risk it. If they had explained it like you did, I would have, but they didn't. :)

I agree. I had it done with a tumbler I had (non-Disney) that they no longer make. It took around 6-8 weeks, but I was able to get the original design. Good luck!

Bumping...
Anyone have pics of the current Tervis available on the Fantasy?

Thanks for any info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter