2015 sail dates?

After my initial disappointment I thought doing what I assume to be a 10 day Dover to Rome Cruise(leaves Dover Aug 3 and then leaves Civit. Aug 13) and then do the initial Aug 13-18 Rome cruise.

So I have a question - does Disney allow you to stay on the boat if you are doing back to backs? Can you at least leave your luggage on board if not?

Could the EBTA go straight from Florida to Copenhagen? If so, how long would that be?
I was on a 16-night Princess Transatlantic from Ft. Lauderdale to Copenhagen in April 2011, so it can be done.
I think there will be a break somewhere, its too long.

In 2010 they went to Barcelona and ran off some Med cruises before going up to the UK.

It all depends when it leaves Florida and arrives over in Europe.
It may be too long for Disney, but there are Transatlantic cruises longer than 14 nights.

After my initial disappointment I thought doing what I assume to be a 10 day Dover to Rome Cruise(leaves Dover Aug 3 and then leaves Civit. Aug 13) and then do the initial Aug 13-18 Rome cruise.

So I have a question - does Disney allow you to stay on the boat if you are doing back to backs? Can you at least leave your luggage on board if not?

Regardless of the cruiseline, if the turnaround day for a back to back is a US port, they must "zero out" the ship (everyone must disembark). In European ports, generally, they do not have this requirement. Most B2Bs in Europe, you stay onboard, however not all. Our B2B Med/WBTA cruises in 2010 had so many people (over 300) doing the B2B that they required us to disembark and re-check in in the terminal.

If you are in the same room for both cruises, you just leave your "stuff" in the room, but remember to bring your cruise documents (passports, etc) for the new checkin. If you are changing rooms, you will be directed to either pack your luggage and leave it in the room for the room hosts to move it to your next room, OR the room hosts will switch out the drawers in the rooms (they are interchangeable) and will move the hanging clothes on a portable rack, so you can leave your "stuff" unpacked.

Could the EBTA go straight from Florida to Copenhagen? If so, how long would that be?

We are thinking EBTA with a b2b2b for the Fjords / Baltics. But if it goes to Barcelona first that sort of puts that out of contention, as we won't have enough leave to do another cruise in the middle.

Aargh. I just want the itineraries released so I can plan :)

Well, Disney could just do my dream itinerary of REPO from PC to NYC, then an EBTA from NYC to Dover with an overnight in London, then a 10-night Baltics cruise ending in Copenhagen, then a 7-night Fjords cruise. That would be about 35-40 or so days on board and just under $1M, but a girl can dream! LOL :goodvibes

If you are changing rooms, you will be directed to either pack your luggage and leave it in the room for the room hosts to move it to your next room, OR the room hosts will switch out the drawers in the rooms (they are interchangeable) and will move the hanging clothes on a portable rack, so you can leave your "stuff" unpacked.

Awesome! I didn't know they could do the drawers as well as hanging clothes. Big help there!

Just got off the Fantasy yesterday... They told me at the booking desk that more dates will be released in 4-6 weeks. For whatever that's worth :)

Well, Disney could just do my dream itinerary of REPO from PC to NYC, then an EBTA from NYC to Dover with an overnight in London, then a 10-night Baltics cruise ending in Copenhagen, then a 7-night Fjords cruise. That would be about 35-40 or so days on board and just under $1M, but a girl can dream! LOL :goodvibes

How awesome would that be though!!!

I don't think DCL could do a repo from Port Canaveral to NYC, and that's why the ship sailed without passengers when it repositioned between the two in 2012.

Just got off the Fantasy yesterday... They told me at the booking desk that more dates will be released in 4-6 weeks. For whatever that's worth :)

Ugh! I am dying here! Just want to get our first cruise booked and move on with life!!

This seems to be the answer they give no matter when someone asks - several reports of 4-6 weeks in this thread...

---

ETA - ooops, above poster beat me to it! That's what I get for opening everything in new tabs!

Have you seen the new rumours on cruise critic - someone has the Magic in Iceland in July 2015. There is a port schedule but it doesn't name the Magic, it just describes the ship exactly for length, pax and GT. We can only hope, also we might need a lottery win to pay for it.

Have you seen the new rumours on cruise critic - someone has the Magic in Iceland in July 2015. There is a port schedule but it doesn't name the Magic, it just describes the ship exactly for length, pax and GT. We can only hope, also we might need a lottery win to pay for it.

That's sometimes a port with the fjord cruises tho, right? Saw another cruise line that did the fjords & it included Iceland.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

That's sometimes a port with the fjord cruises tho, right? Saw another cruise line that did the fjords & it included Iceland.

Yes royal does one on Brilliance 12 nights from Harwich. The dates look like it will be on the repo from Copenhagen / Oslo to Dover. Overnight in Reykjavik and another iceland port.

All this talk of the Magic going out of Dover in 2015 has me really, really excited! I'm exactly 10min from the cruise terminal in Dover so not having to pay for airfare makes a 12 day Baltic a real possibility for DH and I.

For those who sailed back in 2010, were the Baltic cruises full? Do you know if they sold out early? As in should I reserve my stateroom the first day I can, or will I have time?

What lens??? I just upgraded to a Canon 70D and love the thought of Norway!

Can't think off the top of my head, but after Alaska I realized I needed a good distant one. It's a Toss up between two 70-300. Ones white and ones black, both are USM and get similar reviews. Both are $700 each. Ugh!! 70D JEALOUS!!!

I am wondering if they are going to be running their Meds in reverse in 2015. When Magic was showing up on the Rome calendar for August 2015 it's destination was shown as La Spezia.

All this talk of the Magic going out of Dover in 2015 has me really, really excited! I'm exactly 10min from the cruise terminal in Dover so not having to pay for airfare makes a 12 day Baltic a real possibility for DH and I. For those who sailed back in 2010, were the Baltic cruises full? Do you know if they sold out early? As in should I reserve my stateroom the first day I can, or will I have time?

I'm pretty sure they did not sell out and in fact offered discounts, but someone else can chime in....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter