2015 sail dates?

Amazing what ports will tell you if you just ask.....Disney Magic is currently booked into The Port of Dover for the 10th July, 22nd July and the 3rd August....over to Andrew to work out the rest lol looks like at least two twelve night Baltic cruises and then probably onto Barcelona on the 3rd at a guess.:cool1:

Port of Jamaica's page has been down for weeks .

June in Norway is like our spring in the US. The weather is beautiful and the flowers are blooming.

Looks like DCL had confirmed Norway long before Frozen's popularity. According to the calendar of one of the Norwegian ports, Geirangerford, DCL confirmed their docking back in September.

Looks like DCL had confirmed Norway long before Frozen's popularity. According to the calendar of one of the Norwegian ports, Geirangerford, DCL confirmed their docking back in September.

Two things:-

Yes they knew about North Sea cruises a long time back I have posted about them since August 2013. Going to the Baltic, same area so was a plan.

But,

Cruise lines make advance bookings all the time working out trips and these can and go get changed before they finally decide, so they have plan A B C and then cancel the ones they do not do.

Now I have been searching for the Magic in Europe for months nearly every night and got nothing. The interesting thing is them all coming up this week which implies they were recently firmed up.

Two things:-

Yes they knew about North Sea cruises a long time back I have posted about them since August 2013. Going to the Baltic, same area so was a plan.

But,

Cruise lines make advance bookings all the time working out trips and these can and go get changed before they finally decide, so they have plan A B C and then cancel the ones they do not do.

Now I have been searching for the Magic in Europe for months nearly every night and got nothing. The interesting thing is them all coming up this week which implies they were recently firmed up.

Do you think there is no chance of hawaii? If there is do you think one way or return

Do you think there is no chance of hawaii? If there is do you think one way or return

I think there could well be a Hawaii run post Alaska in September.

However port bookings can be cancelled and on that run have appeared before and have not materalized in anything.

I found a sample itinerary of a 7 night Baltic from Copenhagen

Royal Caribbean (RCL) - RCL Legend of the Seas
7 Night Scandinavia And Russia Cruise
Destination Arrives Departs
Day 1 Copenhagen 5:00 PM
Day 2 At Sea
Day 3 Tallinn 10:00 AM 5:30 PM
Day 4 St. Petersburg 7:00 AM 11:00 PM
Day 5 Helsinki 10:00 AM 5:00 PM
Day 6 Stockholm 7:30 AM 4:30 PM
Day 7 At Sea
Day 8 Copenhagen 8:00 AM

Looks like only one day in St Petersburg.... Is that enough time?

I found a sample itinerary of a 7 night Baltic from Copenhagen

7 Night Scandinavia And Russia Cruise
Day 2 At Sea
Day 3 Tallinn 10:00 AM 5:30 PM
Day 4 St. Petersburg 7:00 AM 11:00 PM
Day 5 Helsinki 10:00 AM 5:00 PM
Day 6 Stockholm 7:30 AM 4:30 PM
Day 7 At Sea
Day 8 Copenhagen 8:00 AM

Looks like only one day in St Petersburg.... Is that enough time?

Yes it looks like the one I posted before in this thread.

image by Andrew D Porter, on Flickr

In 2010 with DCL we had an official arrival time of 12 noon day one and left 6pm day two,

We had private tours booked for those days and crammed a lot in.

We actually got off about 11.30 our guide was there,

I would say you would be very limited on one day, it's worth it yes but it's either the Hermitage and city sightseeing, or the palaces. Can't do both on a DCL Tour

On an intensive private tour,

If You only have 1 day in St Petersburg, it is still possible to see the highlights of this magnificent city. This is a very intensive program covering all the major attractions of St Petersburg in just 1 day. Not a single minute of Your valuable time is wasted, everything is designed to help You enjoy all the marvels of the city. Get the unforgettable experience in:

One of the largest and most gorgeous museums in the world - the Hermitage
the jewel of St Petersburg suburbs – the luxurious Catherine’s Palace and the legendary Amber Room
The brilliance of Peterhoff – “Russian Versailles”
Saviour on the Spilt Blood and many others.

MODERATE TOUR – THE CRÈME OF THE CROP

You understand quite well that it is impossible to see everything in just one day. This tour is designed specially for You – it is the combination of the very best sites and attractions of St Peterburg! You see the most important things, such as:

One of the largest and most gorgeous museums in the world - the Hermitage
The brilliance of Peterhoff – “Russian Versailles”
Saviour on the Spilt Blood and monumental St Isaac’s Cathedral
many others.

Am I reading the speculations correctly that there won't be a Venice/Greece/Turkey itinerary in 2015?

Here is a 7 day trip from Copenhagen to Norway.....

7 Night Norwegian Fjords Cruise
Day 2 At Sea
Day 3 Flam 8:00 AM 6:00 PM
Day 4 Geiranger 12:30 PM 9:00 PM
Day 5 Alesund 7:00 AM 5:00 PM
Day 6 Bergen 7:00 AM 5:00 PM
Day 7 At Sea
Day 8 Copenhagen 7:00 AM

So if the Magic is to be in Geiranger on 6/10, then I think they would be leaving Copenhagen on Sunday, June 7 with another departure to Norway on June 21.

Am I reading the speculations correctly that there won't be a Venice/Greece/Turkey itinerary in 2015?

That would really stink if that's the case. We would definitely be looking at another cruise line for the med. if I couldn't convince my DD to do a western carib. instead. I know A LOT of people want the Baltics but honestly we aren't interested in that itinerary at this time.

That could change things for us. Does anyone have a rough itinerary of the Baltics cruise that was in 2010? Sorry if it's already been mentioned in this thread.

Disney Fantasy-- Thanks for the insights into St Petersburg. One of those intensive tours might be just what we would like.

Now, I need to start talking DH into it. Luckily, the first 7 day Baltic may fall right over a BIG milestone birthday for him...

One day in St Petersburg would be sad. It's such a magnificent place. I really hope DCL offers longer cruises for the Baltics. Looking forward to hearing the release since our last cruise. Hoping it materializes.

Really? Why is that? I have a friend planning a land trip to Norway. I'll have to pass that along to her.

Jodie

Couse in my oppinion the weather is always quite good, july tends to be a lot more rainy. (But this is just based on memories of my own summers and might always be wrong)
The daylight hours are really long at this point and in norway we still have spring in early june. So in the Gerianger fjord the apple trees will be blossoming.
That is a major fruit tree growing area.
Oh, and the norwegian school holdiday starts in the end of june so theres that.

This is all such exciting news. Seeing that so much info is out and about, true or not, let's hope DCL will release soon!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter