2015 Planning Disney Parks, Cruises, Universal & NY - Did I forget anything? **We're here! Upd 02/01

Never stayed at boardwalk but the location looks good :)

Both BCV & BWV look like much of a muchness when it comes to location. We like the idea of being able to walk to a couple of parks. Epcot was probably our least visited park last time so this time we will be able to really give it a good crack.

Should have some news on that booking soon I hope!

I'll be interested to hear your experience with renting DVC points. I'm considering doing that for our next trip, but it all seems a bit daunting just looking at it initially.

I'll be interested to hear your experience with renting DVC points. I'm considering doing that for our next trip, but it all seems a bit daunting just looking at it initially.

I've rented point before and went off without a hitch. I've booked our Disneyland accommodation at Grand Californian and also 7 of our 8 days at WDW, final day should be confirmed overnight. It might not be for everyone, but I'm happy with it and for me its worked fine.

Feel free to ask or msg me anything else you might like to know, happy to help if I can.

Ok latest update is that we have booked our WDW Resort - Boardwalk Villas (DVC Rental)

Leaving end Nov
6 Nights Disney Grand Californian [booked]
4 nights at Universal Studios Orlando
8 nights at WDW Boardwalk Villas 1Bedroom [booked]
7 night Cruise on Disney Fantasy - Disembark Boxing day [booked]
7 nights in New York including NYE

It is great to get all the Disney components booked. For universal we are looking at Portofino or Hard Rock. We stayed at Royal Pacific last time and while it would be perfectly fine we were looking for something a little different.

Quite excited! even though it's nearly a year away !

Trying to catch up on your thread to see what I can add!!

We have just arrived at WDW (Pop) after spending 3 days at Universal. We stayed at Hard Rock and it was great. The location was excellent and the Express passes were well worth the expense of the room!

We did a 4 night Dream cruise prior to Universal and it was AMAZING!! The highlight of the trip so far for me :) We drive up to Cape Canaveral the day before the cruise and did Kennedy. Took us about 6 hours I would say to see everything we wanted. Then we stayed the night at Fairfield Inn in Titusville and drove to the port the next morning. We had a 10:30 PAT and it was great! We checked in and walked straight onboard!

Our hotel in New York (NYC Salisbury) was in a great location and was clean and spacious. The beds were awful though but for the price I would still recommend it :)

Enjoy your planning! All of the time I spent working everything out before the trip is ensuring a smooth run now that we are actually here!!

Trying to catch up on your thread to see what I can add!!

We have just arrived at WDW (Pop) after spending 3 days at Universal. We stayed at Hard Rock and it was great. The location was excellent and the Express passes were well worth the expense of the room!

We did a 4 night Dream cruise prior to Universal and it was AMAZING!! The highlight of the trip so far for me :) We drive up to Cape Canaveral the day before the cruise and did Kennedy. Took us about 6 hours I would say to see everything we wanted. Then we stayed the night at Fairfield Inn in Titusville and drove to the port the next morning. We had a 10:30 PAT and it was great! We checked in and walked straight onboard!

Our hotel in New York (NYC Salisbury) was in a great location and was clean and spacious. The beds were awful though but for the price I would still recommend it :)

Enjoy your planning! All of the time I spent working everything out before the trip is ensuring a smooth run now that we are actually here!!

LisaAJ - thanks so much for adding your comments, really helps!

Agree the Express Pass is worth every cent so getting it in your hotel is a must. in 2013 we chose Royal Pacific over Hard Rock. First of all it was less expensive and second I had read some reports that Hard Rock is quite noisy with the Music that is constantly playing. Did you notice anything like this or was it just an errant review I read? We were maybe going to splurge and get club. One thing I did see, it said that HR Club lounge opened at 7:30. I thought this may be a little late to try to get the included breakfast and get over for early morning for Harry Potter. We did find breakfast a little hard to come by in the USO parks last time. Maybe this was because we didn't know where to go but both days we tried to get there early to do HP and then get something for breakfast. One day we just bought croissants and next day I think we went to Three Broomsticks.

The cruise is going to be a new experience but we are all really looking forward to it. If we like it, well look out, it will open up a whole new world of travel that I never really considered!

Thanks for the NYC hotel, I'll check it out. We thought KSC was a pretty full day so didn't think we would really feel like doing it the day after the cruise which is why we chose to do it before.

Enjoy WDW! like you need to be told to do that !!

We booked the portifino our last trip it was lovely but didn't feel very child friendly.

thanks for the feedback. Was there anything in particular you thought they were lacking or more a vibe? how old were your kids when you were there (of course I'm assuming it is your kids you are talking about!)?

From all the reviews I've read it would seem that either Hard Rock or Portofino woudl be very nice. For that matter, so is Royal Pacific based on our stay there last time, we were just looking to do something different.

I haven't ever really planned a holiday so far out in advance. What would you guys do when it comes to these hotel bookings, and internal flights for that matter.(setting aside the added complication of what the AUD will do) Would you just try and book it all now or wait to see if discounts come? generally the discounts that I have seen available now are up to June. Our trip is December so I am not sure that they will even have discounts available for this period.

Our kids were 9 and 6, it just seemed a lot more older couples, didn't feel as relaxed and welcoming as disney did. It was lovely and quaint but didn't really see many children more business men. We didn't spend much time in the resort though we booked it mainly for the express passes and ended up checking out and going back to our disney hotel felt more like 'home'.

I thought I would see if my reservation was able to be linked on my Disney Experience....

ScreenShot2015-01-13at93535pm_zpsfab28c40.jpg

now its still eons away but that was exciting to see I must say! :cool1::cool1:

Just found you! Will go back and read through your plans looks so exciting - we did Florida and NYC christmas 2013 and a disney fantasy cruise too! Might have something to add once I've caught up!

Just found you! Will go back and read through your plans looks so exciting - we did Florida and NYC christmas 2013 and a disney fantasy cruise too! Might have something to add once I've caught up!

welcome aboard! happy to hear feedback suggestion must do/dont etc. Im a sponge at the moment so taking lots and lots in.

Don't forget to book and link your Memory Maker package to your MDE account and your PhotoPass Plus @ US!

The photo packages were fantastic value for us.

In NYC, my suggestions for a few activities that might not be obvious are:

• Eataly - Flatiron district (food and more food)
  • Bleecher Cheese store (on broadway I think from memory)
  • Chelsea Markets - down near the meat packing district and a short walk from the Highline start
  • The Highline - starts in the meat packing district and is a nice walk down to the water.
  • Bryant Park
  • Free ferry to Staten Island - great shots of the statue from the boat

I love NYC!

LisaAJ - thanks so much for adding your comments, really helps! Agree the Express Pass is worth every cent so getting it in your hotel is a must. in 2013 we chose Royal Pacific over Hard Rock. First of all it was less expensive and second I had read some reports that Hard Rock is quite noisy with the Music that is constantly playing. Did you notice anything like this or was it just an errant review I read? We were maybe going to splurge and get club. One thing I did see, it said that HR Club lounge opened at 7:30. I thought this may be a little late to try to get the included breakfast and get over for early morning for Harry Potter. We did find breakfast a little hard to come by in the USO parks last time. Maybe this was because we didn't know where to go but both days we tried to get there early to do HP and then get something for breakfast. One day we just bought croissants and next day I think we went to Three Broomsticks. The cruise is going to be a new experience but we are all really looking forward to it. If we like it, well look out, it will open up a whole new world of travel that I never really considered! Thanks for the NYC hotel, I'll check it out. We thought KSC was a pretty full day so didn't think we would really feel like doing it the day after the cruise which is why we chose to do it before. Enjoy WDW! like you need to be told to do that !!

It wasn't too noisy IMO. The music could be heard in the halls and around pool but it wasn't too loud and you couldn't hear anything in the rooms. We bought breakfast each morning from the market on the first floor. The kids had cereal and hubby and I had granola and yoghurt (which I am now addicted to!), thus worked out much cheaper and easier than eating I the stay rants and parks. I'm sure they would have had a hot breakfast option in the market too but we always got ours the night before.

We loved our cruise but I'm not sure if it was cruising we loved or cruising Disney! Im not sure another cruise line could measure ip!!

Don't forget to book and link your Memory Maker package to your MDE account and your PhotoPass Plus @ US!

The photo packages were fantastic value for us.

In NYC, my suggestions for a few activities that might not be obvious are:

• Eataly - Flatiron district (food and more food)
  • Bleecher Cheese store (on broadway I think from memory)
  • Chelsea Markets - down near the meat packing district and a short walk from the Highline start
  • The Highline - starts in the meat packing district and is a nice walk down to the water.
  • Bryant Park
  • Free ferry to Staten Island - great shots of the statue from the boat

I love NYC!

We did PhotoPass Plus last time at WDW and thought it was great. We didn't know that we got the printed photos at the dining which was a great bonus.

Did I understand you correctly that you can link Memory Maker with Universal Studios?

great tips on NYC, will check into these, thanks

It wasn't too noisy IMO. The music could be heard in the halls and around pool but it wasn't too loud and you couldn't hear anything in the rooms. We bought breakfast each morning from the market on the first floor. The kids had cereal and hubby and I had granola and yoghurt (which I am now addicted to!), thus worked out much cheaper and easier than eating I the stay rants and parks. I'm sure they would have had a hot breakfast option in the market too but we always got ours the night before.

We loved our cruise but I'm not sure if it was cruising we loved or cruising Disney! Im not sure another cruise line could measure ip!!

We are leaning towards Hard Rock now. Just deciding if we will go for club or breakfast rate or just standard...first world problems !

We are leaning towards Hard Rock now. Just deciding if we will go for club or breakfast rate or just standard...first world problems !

I found HRH to be lovely and quiet in the room we stayed in. The pool is awesome.

My family also grabbed breakfast each morning from the market downstairs. It was a cost effective, quick way to start the day. I considered the club room, but got told from another Dis poster that it is small and crowded. Plus the hours were lousy. To get our money's worth, I would have felt like we should have used the club (for breakfasts and afternoon snacks), but this would have been detrimental to our other plans.
I'm all for club rooms, and I book them often. But usually only at destinations where I plan to do a lot of relaxing at the hotel.

I found HRH to be lovely and quiet in the room we stayed in. The pool is awesome.

My family also grabbed breakfast each morning from the market downstairs. It was a cost effective, quick way to start the day. I considered the club room, but got told from another Dis poster that it is small and crowded. Plus the hours were lousy. To get our money's worth, I would have felt like we should have used the club (for breakfasts and afternoon snacks), but this would have been detrimental to our other plans.
I'm all for club rooms, and I book them often. But usually only at destinations where I plan to do a lot of relaxing at the hotel.

Good to see another vote for HRH, its definitely on top at the moment. We have only stayed in a club room once, in Melbourne at the Rialto and it was fantastic. But that was a trip where we did have the time to enjoy it. The point you mention about getting the use of the club is something I've considered and I cant see that we would, aside maybe of the breakfast, though it says it only opens at 7:30 and we would like to be on our way to the park by then to make use of the early entry.

Good to see another vote for HRH, its definitely on top at the moment. We have only stayed in a club room once, in Melbourne at the Rialto and it was fantastic. But that was a trip where we did have the time to enjoy it. The point you mention about getting the use of the club is something I've considered and I cant see that we would, aside maybe of the breakfast, though it says it only opens at 7:30 and we would like to be on our way to the park by then to make use of the early entry.

I think you have your answer. :)

I would use the money saved on a club room to buy an interactive wand for Harry Potter. My guess is that the memories you'd get from this would be worth more :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter