2015 out!!!

YAWN. I wasn't really expecting to see any Southerns offered around spring break time, but that would have been amazing! We're hoping to go to either the Med or Alaska in summer 2015, so I'll have to wait patiently and hope DCL has some great things in store!

I will go with May 1st for Panama canal because May 2nd is this years date, so that makes sense.

Planning on booking that one as well.

Seems I'd read on here a while back regarding VGT rates that opening day rates are very comparable...doesn't look like I'll get anywhere near the $700pp we had for a 7 day verandah on the Wonder last week.

ST1TCH said:
Seems I'd read on here a while back regarding VGT rates that opening day rates are very comparable...doesn't look like I'll get anywhere near the $700pp we had for a 7 day verandah on the Wonder last week.

You will find on opening day that one week will vary greatly in price from another week for the same ship and itinerary.

The Galveston rates were super low. We paid as much 2 weeks ago for 7 nights on the Wonder as we did 3 years ago for 4 nights on the Wonder. Both during the same time of year. We booked our Galveston cruise when they first went on sale and paid roughly $50 more per person than the later offered GT rates. If you factor in the onboard credit we received during that promotion. The comparison of GT rates vs. opening day are more likely comparing sailings out of more popular ports.

For me now begins the long wait for the rest of the dates and ports to be released. We booked onboard and are hoping for another port we can drive to from the midwest to be released for the 2nd half of 2015.

I do know what you mean. This past Oct, VGT on the Halloween Fantasy cruise was 2k for 2 people. I haven't seen it that low for opening day either.

You will find on opening day that one week will vary greatly in price from another week for the same ship and itinerary.

Yes!

We booked June 2012 on the Fantasy and the VGT rate that was released was several hundred more. Same with Dec 2012 on the Fantasy - smaller margin, but VGT was higher (incorporating our 10% off and OBC).

Now, we book cat 5E. I'm sure if you compare say, a Cat 4, the VGT would be a savings.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Yes!

We booked June 2012 on the Fantasy and the VGT rate that was released was several hundred more. Same with Dec 2012 on the Fantasy - smaller margin, but VGT was higher (incorporating our 10% off and OBC).

Now, we book cat 5E. I'm sure if you compare say, a Cat 4, the VGT would be a savings.

Interesting!! So, Panama Canal cruise may be better to book first day rather than wait for VGT?

I need an expert to tell me with 100% confidence which 2015 Magic Western Caribbean to Jamaica sailing will be the cheapest? Sometime in January or February I assume...

Ok, don't really expect 100% confidence, but best guess?

I've tried to look at prior opening day threads, but the Magic did not do the 7 days in January/February, only the Fantasy. I would assume the Magic would be cheaper than the Fantasy?

Thanks!!!!!

I need an expert to tell me with 100% confidence which 2015 Magic Western Caribbean to Jamaica sailing will be the cheapest? Sometime in January or February I assume...

Ok, don't really expect 100% confidence, but best guess?

I've tried to look at prior opening day threads, but the Magic did not do the 7 days in January/February, only the Fantasy. I would assume the Magic would be cheaper than the Fantasy?

Thanks!!!!!

Check out 2014 prices. I know that will not show you the Magic prices and it will not include Falmouth BUT it should give you an idea of which week is the cheapest. :goodvibes

It looks as though prices will start at $980 PP

Seven-night Western Caribbean, including Jamaica, aboard the Disney Magic. Rates start at $980 per person for a standard inside stateroom, based on double occupancy. Ports: Port Canaveral, Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Falmouth, Castaway Cay Dates: Jan. 11, 25, Feb. 8, 22, Mar. 8, 22, Apr. 5, 19 - See more at: http://dclnews.com/2013/11/12/disne...ries-and-ports-for-2015/#sthash.o3oxOBQD.dpuf

It's interesting that they emphasize the fact that every cruise has a stop at Castaway Cay. Pretty much everyone here says that CC is a highlight and they're not as interested in itineraries without a CC stop. I'm guessing that Disney is looking at the numbers and seeing the non CC cruises aren't selling as well and adjusting accordingly. Now if only they'd listen to the calls for more double dips!

I agree 100%.....:)

I need an expert to tell me with 100% confidence which 2015 Magic Western Caribbean to Jamaica sailing will be the cheapest? Sometime in January or February I assume... Ok, don't really expect 100% confidence, but best guess? I've tried to look at prior opening day threads, but the Magic did not do the 7 days in January/February, only the Fantasy. I would assume the Magic would be cheaper than the Fantasy? Thanks!!!!!

The ones in Jan/Feb NOT over holidays (MLK or Presidents Day).

The Magic WILL be cheaper than the Fantasy. 1) Westerns are typically cheaper 2) The Fantasy is still garnering a premium to sail her

Interesting!! So, Panama Canal cruise may be better to book first day rather than wait for VGT?

Historically if you can make the last minute decision the long cruises fall well under opening day rates. Lots to think about in regards to time off, plane tickets, hotels and other expenses. Most people can't.

We did the WBPC this year in May. VGT was $1400pp. We booked the Florida resident rate at $1200pp for a 5B.

The opening day prices were around $2800pp for cat 6 and $3200pp for cat 5.

Is it best to book a 2015 cruise this Thursday, or wait til our cruise this march to get the discount and obc?

Wonder why the easterns are significantly more $$ than the westerns?

After a quick readthrough of the itineraries, it looks like all the westerns will be on the Magic and the Easterns on the Fantasy. I'm guessing that Disney knows that it can price the newer, bigger ships higher than the classics. I'd also guess that the prices on the Magic westerns will go up quickly.

I'm disappointed that there are no eastern itineraries with both St. Maarten and St. Thomas.

Anyone have any idea when they will allow bookings with DVC points for Jan 2015??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter