2015 new york?

Does anyone know or have heard any rumors if DCL will be back in NY in the summer of 2015?

Summer of 2015 has not been released as yet may come out circa valentines day.

Working out the " known" port bookings in summer 2015 so far I would say unlikely.

Wonder is in Alaska and Magic in Europe.

Fantasy and Dream out of port canaveral.

I wouldn't think there a priority as they didn't sell too well and DCL gets far more money from the Med and Alaska

I beg to differ with "didn't sell too well". At least the ones to the Bahamas and the cruises to Nowhere were VERY difficult to find a cabin on at any price. And even the New England/Canada ones never had cast member discounts - which are used to fill empty ships.

I think all the summer cruises sell well, but what location will generate the most in excursion revenue is the big deciding factor on where DCL sends the Magic.

We did the Canadian cruise, the ports were easy to do on your own , so we spent nothing on excursions. Med ports are relatively easy to do on your own , but with my kids it was nice just letting DCL do all the arranging and we spent way more or excursions.0

I think all the summer cruises sell well, but what location will generate the most in excursion revenue is the big deciding factor on where DCL sends the Magic.

We did the Canadian cruise, the ports were easy to do on your own , so we spent nothing on excursions. Med ports are relatively easy to do on your own , but with my kids it was nice just letting DCL do all the arranging and we spent way more or excursions.0

This is the exact point DCL gets more " income" from Europe and Alaska, the cruise fares are higher and there are expensive shore trips that people do book in high numbers giving a huge income stream,

New York cruise overall we not pitched at the same price tear, many were discounted to fill them up, and the main shore trip of WDW was included so no income there, and you get dome income from castaway cabanas etc, and little in Nassau as people go DIY.

I beg to differ with "didn't sell too well". At least the ones to the Bahamas and the cruises to Nowhere were VERY difficult to find a cabin on at any price. And even the New England/Canada ones never had cast member discounts - which are used to fill empty ships.

There were discounts on many NY cruises.

I wouldn't count NYC out for the future. It was much more successful than West Coast or Galveston and sold at a seemingly higher price point than Miami. I agree that there were deals to be had on fall sailings after the kids went back to school, just like deals on fall sailings in every other port. Not sure it will be 2015, but I think DCL will be back.

I sure hope they do come back to NYC. I will be on board and so will most of my family. did 5-night Canada and cruise to nowhere and they were great. Did Canada again when DVC got a discount. Love the Magic leaving from my back yard.:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter