• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

2015 Make-the-Most-of-it March WISH challenge! All are welcome!

HEY FRIENDS! Please be kind.... between being away Friday and Saturday overnight and then coming home exhausted to sketchy wi-fi, I haven't not been able to get online to post any QOTD or to update our totals! And I'm heading out in about 30 minutes for the six hour roundtrip drive to take DD back to school. But here is a QUICKY Sunday post to keep things moving and grooving!
BB hopefully tomorrow with time and working wi-fi!.....................P

WELCOME TO SUPER SUNDAY!!

Super-Sundays.jpg

What can you do today to make the week ahead successful? Plan meals? Prepare soups, salad, or casseroles? Catch up on laundry or dishes? Schedule your workouts? I challenge you to take ONE HOUR out of your day today and use it to prepare for a super awesome, successful, healthy week ahead! Share how you spend your hour!!..............P

Just wanted to say Enjoy your trip to Maine.. what city it the robotics competition in?

We were in Lewiston/Auburn (competition in Lewiston, hotel in Auburn) at the Androscoggin Bank Colisee. Robot wasn't at its best but the kids had a good (but exhausting) weekend. Our season is official over....................P

Ah, I am about to head to bed and just saw today's challenge. Well, I guess it is too late for me...

I had a great weigh in this weekend! The scale finally moved. I am so happy and hope that is a sign that things are moving again. Unfortunately I kind of blew it today. Arg!! I went through 42 points in one day and not even on real treats, but just mindless snacking cheese and pretzels. At least I got in a Sunday run, so that is something.

On Wednesday I am getting a new massive wardrobe for my spare room. So far I have some old shelves there and I am in the process of emptying those and taking them down. I hate that everything looks totally messy now. But hopefully soon it will be so much better than it is now! I can't wait until I can close doors and no longer see all my stuff!

Gah! Up FOUR, net GAIN of 2 for the month! I'm going the wrong way! :mad:

I'm betting a chunk of it is muscle gain, as my fat% keeps dropping.

HAPPY MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY!!

259519997248423678_adXNT9y2_c.jpg

Are you ready to take a CHANCE and make the healthy CHOICE to CHANGE your life??!! I hope so!!

What will you do today/this week/this month to get your life going in the direction of positive change?? Please list THREE quantifiable things you will do to (today, tomorrow, this week) to get yourself going in the right direction (or continue pushing in the right direction)!!

My two people are:

My DH, who makes sure I have time to get to the gym, even if that means he has to do DD's bedtime solo after a long workday. :love2:

My BFF, who motivated me to start in the first place. She went from couch potato to running the Wine & Dine Half, and made me believe that I could run, too. Maybe even a half someday. :yay:

Those are both great! So wonderful to have supportive people in your life!

Just sitting here all blah. It's been super busy at work-had to work Sun-tue by myself due to a co-worker calling in sick. Monday I worked 10 hours with an hour lunch. Am just burned out even on my second day off. Picked up some hair dye at target last night- (half off and it got good reviews). Picked a golden blond even though my hair is a medium brown because I just want to cover the few greys I have--I've noticed more lately--then realized I have a massive stash of shampoo and conditioner I need to use up that's not for color treated hair and have a swim lesson tomorrow. I So Want to Do it Today but I can't! I've got a lot of projects to do today but 0 energy-- I mean none! I think I'll try one of those ginseng vials to just get up and get going. I really want to organize the rest of the bathroom stash that's gotten out of hand and go run a few errands before dinner. I'll work out after dinner and try to be back before 8. Have held on to my hard earned pound this week but don't think I'll do better.

I guess you guys are my motivational people--I've got no one else. Other than Dr. Wayne Dyer of course-

“The more you see yourself as what you’d like to become, and act as if what you want is already there, the more you’ll activate those dormant forces that will collaborate to transform your dream into your reality.” – Wayne Dyer

This is just something I looked up online right now but is so the essence of what he is about.

You all motivate me as well! Hope that the swim lessons are going well!

Well, managed to almost completely get through the bathroom--took 6 hours but got rid of a lot of stuff (I'm never taking another hotel shampoo, conditioner, lotion. I use the soaps lol. This was after 2 2-3 hour sessions in there the last week. By the time I ate dinner and did my errands I only had a few hours at the gym so i just did the elliptical, jacuzzi and about 10 minutes in the sauna. So--I know I don't have extra water weight today and I pulled a samer. Gonna go work out early because of swim lessons and maybe try to assemble the shelf I got for the kitchen later. It'll be nice to have something to put all my stuff on like the crockpot, foreman grill, etc. Free up some counter space. On the pus side--I have some pajamas I wear that are getting almost too loose to wear and I noticed I have a waist again!

WOOHOO on finding your waist!

I am guilty of taking all of the hotel toiletries too.... but right now I am working hard on using them up! At one point in time I had dumped all of the little shampoos and conditioners into larger bottles, but it was a bit of a PITA and time consuming. I have all of the soaps in a large glass jar on my toilet, so they look pretty (I made sure the Mickey soaps from Disney are around the outside edge, of course). But the lotion.... I rarely use lotion and I have TOO MUCH! Gotta stop being greedy and grabbing it.

WELCOME TO SUPER SUNDAY!!

Super-Sundays.jpg

What can you do today to make the week ahead successful? Plan meals? Prepare soups, salad, or casseroles? Catch up on laundry or dishes? Schedule your workouts? I challenge you to take ONE HOUR out of your day today and use it to prepare for a super awesome, successful, healthy week ahead! Share how you spend your hour!!..............P

I'm usually better about making good use of my Sundays, but yesterday involved packing up DD and doing the 6 hour roundtrip drive to take her back to school..... so no meal planning, no extra cooking, nothing. But I'm home today and plan to make it count for a preparing/planning day!

Ah, I am about to head to bed and just saw today's challenge. Well, I guess it is too late for me...

I had a great weigh in this weekend! The scale finally moved. I am so happy and hope that is a sign that things are moving again. Unfortunately I kind of blew it today. Arg!! I went through 42 points in one day and not even on real treats, but just mindless snacking cheese and pretzels. At least I got in a Sunday run, so that is something.

On Wednesday I am getting a new massive wardrobe for my spare room. So far I have some old shelves there and I am in the process of emptying those and taking them down. I hate that everything looks totally messy now. But hopefully soon it will be so much better than it is now! I can't wait until I can close doors and no longer see all my stuff!

I hate the "mess before the magnificent" as well.... seems like when I am trying to clean it ends up worse for a while! But it will be worth it in the long run, right??

Hopefully the cheese and pretzels will disappear quickly!

Gah! Up FOUR, net GAIN of 2 for the month! I'm going the wrong way! :mad:

I'm betting a chunk of it is muscle gain, as my fat% keeps dropping.

oooh.... try not to lose muscle! Ouch! But you've been doing well, so cut yourself some slack!

HAPPY MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY!!

259519997248423678_adXNT9y2_c.jpg

Are you ready to take a CHANCE and make the healthy CHOICE to CHANGE your life??!! I hope so!!

What will you do today/this week/this month to get your life going in the direction of positive change?? Please list THREE quantifiable things you will do to (today, tomorrow, this week) to get yourself going in the right direction (or continue pushing in the right direction)!!

I definitely need to get my self back on the right track! I've been slacking badly on the exercise and even on the tracking, which is NOT like me at all! Time to get back to a fresh start, a week one mentality with measuring EVERYTHING and getting exercise 5 days a week! It's going to definitely take some mental preparation. I'll come back and list my three things later after I give it some thought!

Hey all.... back on today with time AND wi-fi! But boy, last week's busy schedule totally knocked me out! Back on track today though.... housework, cooking, meal planning and such. Life needs to get backs to NORMAL! Robotics season is officially over, DD's spring break has passed, and there should be nothing major to distract me until summer!

Totals are updated on page one, but I only heard from a few folks. If you haven't sent me a PM with your percentage toward goal this month, throw it to me today.... I'll be around and able to update all day!.

TTYL.....................P

hey gang! I'm back. at least that's what I keep telling myself!

had a fantastic trip to FL, not enough time at WDW but there never is...and a measly 3 days would never in any dis'ers book be enough! loved WL, would definitely consider staying there again. seems like a lot of change on the horizon for DHS and AK, so I can sit back for a year or two (maybe!) and plan for a trip to go visit after all the refurbs are done. I did love F&G festival and would have loved another day there

it took me 3-4 days to get the spring back in my step once returning home. which brought me to last weekend, in which I, like every bad binge eater...ate the few things I knew I'd be feeling deprived off (burger, beer, ice cream) and this morning I jumped back on to the wagon. I finally WI on Sunday, I'm up 3 lbs but honestly it feels more like 5. like I've flabbier and lost my tone :( It's been two weeks since I did a gym WO. I did lots and LOTS of walking, but no strength exercises. my first min-goal is to lose the extra 3 lbs by the end of the month. Today I didn't get to the gym (again!) as I got called into work, and that just wipes me out. I did get the dog on a good 2+ mile walk this afternoon to enjoy the temp before they drop back into the 40-50 where they belong this time of year where I'm at

i'll try to read and catch up, but no promises i'll remember what's going on ! LOL

Hmmm, the easy way out for the three things: Run on Monday (check!), go to the doctor for routine blood test on Tuesday (already arranged) and then on Friday do something for my mental wellbeing and go to a spa with my sister!

And with a lot of other things going on this week, I am actually pretty happy that I came up with three things. Oh, and I am heading off to bed and had a perfect OP day today!!! Very happy after my snacking attack on Saturday!

had a fantastic trip to FL, not enough time at WDW but there never is...and a measly 3 days would never in any dis'ers book be enough! loved WL, would definitely consider staying there again. seems like a lot of change on the horizon for DHS and AK, so I can sit back for a year or two (maybe!) and plan for a trip to go visit after all the refurbs are done. I did love F&G festival and would have loved another day there

it took me 3-4 days to get the spring back in my step once returning home. which brought me to last weekend, in which I, like every bad binge eater...ate the few things I knew I'd be feeling deprived off (burger, beer, ice cream) and this morning I jumped back on to the wagon. I finally WI on Sunday, I'm up 3 lbs but honestly it feels more like 5. like I've flabbier and lost my tone :( It's been two weeks since I did a gym WO. I did lots and LOTS of walking, but no strength exercises. my first min-goal is to lose the extra 3 lbs by the end of the month. Today I didn't get to the gym (again!) as I got called into work, and that just wipes me out. I did get the dog on a good 2+ mile walk this afternoon to enjoy the temp before they drop back into the 40-50 where they belong this time of year where I'm at

i'll try to read and catch up, but no promises i'll remember what's going on ! LOL

Great to have yo back! And good luck with the vacation pounds!

I loved F&G as well, it makes Epcot so pretty! I have started to think that 1.5 years between trips to WDW are a good thing: Not too far away to make you feel Disney deprived and still far enough spaced to let some new things pop up to keep things interesting!

1.5 years..yes that is very reasonable!

3 things...today I logged back into MFP and began food journaling again, always a BIG hurdle for me. tomorrow I will do a strength WO. this month...I will take the dog out walking as many days as the weather allows and let that be my mode of self-medication instead of snacking!

upload_2015-3-17_8-13-29.jpeg

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!!

Welcome to Tuesday Tips and Tricks!

Please share a TIP or TRICK that you use to keep yourself motivated and on track for the long haul! Do you have a "splurge day" every week/month? Do you remake your favorite comfort foods to be lighter? Do you save a few PPV here and calories there to spend on a cocktail during a night out? SHARE!!

upload_2015-3-17_8-13-29.jpeg

SO glad you are back with us!!

Like your new mini goal! Sounds like it was a fun trip. My last THREE trips to WDW have been 4 days each.... never enough, but I'd take 3-4 days over no days!!

Hmmm, the easy way out for the three things: Run on Monday (check!), go to the doctor for routine blood test on Tuesday (already arranged) and then on Friday do something for my mental wellbeing and go to a spa with my sister!

And with a lot of other things going on this week, I am actually pretty happy that I came up with three things. Oh, and I am heading off to bed and had a perfect OP day today!!! Very happy after my snacking attack on Saturday!

Those are three great things!! You focused on MOVING, physical health, and mental health! WINNER, WINNER!!

Great to have yo back! And good luck with the vacation pounds!

I loved F&G as well, it makes Epcot so pretty! I have started to think that 1.5 years between trips to WDW are a good thing: Not too far away to make you feel Disney deprived and still far enough spaced to let some new things pop up to keep things interesting!

I was lucky enough to have 3 trips in 4 years (2010, 2011, 2013) and that was just enough to keep the anticipation level high.... but now I'm having a "Disney Drought" .... two years this May since my last trip and I really miss it! But I've seen the new Fantasyland expansion (although not 7DMT), so I'll bide my time until some of the other new stuff is ready!

1.5 years..yes that is very reasonable!

3 things...today I logged back into MFP and began food journaling again, always a BIG hurdle for me. tomorrow I will do a strength WO. this month...I will take the dog out walking as many days as the weather allows and let that be my mode of self-medication instead of snacking!

Great plan!!

Hey all! Home again today with lots to do and of course, have to get ready for tonight's WW meeting. I will admit I haven't done as well as I had planned with the 10 day Sugar-Free challenge. I am having oatmeal with a few drops of stevia this morning. And I have had a few cups of decaf green tea (also with stevia). I must say I was really missing those two things. I tried to reduce the number of drops of stevia from what I usually use though.... so baby steps.

BBL!.....................P

10 days without sugar is very admirable! Baby steps count in my book!

My tip that's working for me is to plan a controlled splurge, maybe a glass of wine or a meal out.....so I know it's on the horizon and somehow don't feels as deprived by putting it off rather than feeling like I can never have it

Hi all! Not much chit-chat here lately.... hope everyone is doing well.

My day went all off schedule and wonky, so this is my first chance to check in again.

Off to check my email one last time! TTY tomorrow....................P

Welcome back! Someday I want to do F&G Festival. It sounds amazing. We are going in Nov., and I am anxious to see what HS is going to look like at that point... it seems like they are closing everything! Good luck on the vacation pounds!

Good Morning all!!

In an effort to shake things up, we are foregoing this week's woohoo Wednesday and opting for.....

upload_2015-3-18_8-51-26.jpeg

So for today, please share something that makes you giggle, or chuckle or guffaw or even just smile a little! Something silly or goofy or downright funny! I'll start us off with this.... not an outright LOL, but cute, funny and thought inspiring........

heart15.jpg

WELCOME TO CATCH-UP THURSDAY!!

Hey friends.... looks like our group is dwindling. I am going to give everyone a "catch-up" day here instead of posting a new question or challenge. Take a minute to go back to yesterday's QOTD....or Tuesday's or Monday's. Share a story, an anecdote, a recipe, a challenging moment in your journey. Just come CHAT! You are missed.... every one of you!!..............P

I am so sorry that I am so absent!!

I am just so busy. Thursday I went to see a film directly after work and then when I got home had to prep my appartment for the new wardrobe that was delivered. That came Wednesday and I was busy tidying away stuff while the brought it, then rushed off to work, stayed longer as I started later, rushed home, but stuff into the wardrobe (we are talking a huge thing, it is going to be my closet as my appartment does not have closets), tidy my place so that the cleaning lady who comes on Friday can do her job, pack a bag as I am leaving tonight for a visit with my sister in Berlin... :crazy2:

Today is my last day of no sugar. I failed however. On Tuesday at the cinema my friend got a scoop of ice cream and I never had noticed that they were selling ice cream there and it seemed such a nice idea to just get one scoop (my American boyfriend always says that European scoops are half the size of Americans and I think he is right, so it was not a lot of ice cream). I did not even think at all about my 10 day challenge. But I can still notice that I am getting less of that feeling that I really really want something sweet after a meal. I also find that most of the time I feel more content after meals. Often it takes a long time for me to register that I had food and still feel hungry after a meal even though I know that my stomach is full.

So, I did not catch up on any of the questions, but at least I said hi!!

Good Morning all!!

In an effort to shake things up, we are foregoing this week's woohoo Wednesday and opting for.....

View attachment 82811

So for today, please share something that makes you giggle, or chuckle or guffaw or even just smile a little! Something silly or goofy or downright funny! I'll start us off with this.... not an outright LOL, but cute, funny and thought inspiring........

Well, I know everyone here are Disney fans... any Friends fans? This makes me giggle, mainly because it's how I feel I look when I run:

Phoebe-Running.gif

Plus, good message to remember:

Rachel: Well, y'know, the reason I didn't wanna go running with you is because um, well y'know the way that you run is a little...(Starts flapping her arms)

Phoebe: So?

Rachel: Well, it's embarrassing. People were looking at us like we were crazy.

Phoebe: Why do you care?

Rachel: Because they're people.

Phoebe: But people that you don't know and will never see again.

Rachel: Yes, but still. They're people…with eyes.

Phoebe: Well, I didn't get embarrassed running next to Miss (panting). But no, okay. No, no, I can see why running with me would be embarrassing to you. Yeah, okay. You're uptight.

Rachel: I-I am not uptight—Hey-hey-hey-oh-oh! Listen, I am not uptight, man.

Phoebe: That's okay Rachel. I'm not judging you; that's just who you are. Me. I'm more free y'know? I run like I did when I was a kid, cause that's the only way it's fun. Y'know, I mean didn’t you ever run so fast you thought your legs were gonna fall off? Y'know, like when you were like running towards the swings or running away from Satan? (Rachel looks confused) The neighbor's dog.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter