2015 Magical, Magnificent, Mighty May WISH challenge! All are welcome!

pjlla

DIS Veteran
WELCOME TO MAY!!!!!!!!

We are up and running at FULL STEAM AHEAD for May!! Please come join us and let me know that you plan to participate this month so I can add you to the list!! No stress, no worries if you know you won't be here every day.... feel free to join in when/where you can!!

Please read the complete instructions in post 2, and then let me know if you have any questions.

........................P

Last edited:
Quick overview:

BIGGEST CHANGE FROM PREVIOUS MONTHS.... there will be NO posting of weight-loss unless you post it yourself. If you DO choose to set a goal and post your percentages reached (or pounds lost) toward that goal, that is your choice! Feel FREE to use our previous weight loss goal COLORS to make your success posts look pretty!! Same goes for our Maintainers!

Weight Loss Goals:
10% orange
25% bright pink
50% purple
75% turquoise
90% red--FINISH STRONG!
100% WISH green

Maintainer Goals
25% bright pink
50% purple
75% turquoise
100% WISH green

We hope that this format will encourage some great discussions about weight loss, maintaining, diet, exercise and healthy living!

It is up to the hostess each month as to whether she wants to have coaches/Question of the day, mini-challenges, etc. It is her month, so she can choose to handle it how she wants.

Here's how the new challenge will work. It is going to be a monthly individual challenge. Each month is a new start. You are competing against yourself to meet your goals for the month. No one will know your actual weight (unless you share it). NO GOAL IS TOO SMALL.

Last edited:
Reserved for list of participants!

5xdisneyfans
Flossbolna
Grumpyhaus
JoshMom5
lisa0711
luvpoohandcompany
pjlla
Zoesmama03

Last edited:
We are STILL in need of hostesses for the remainder of 2015! These challenges don't run themselves!! But it isn't hard either and it is a GREAT motivator to keep yourself on track! Consider volunteering for a month this year!!

Future challenge hosts:

May 2015: pjlla
June 2015:** PICTURE YOUR NAME HERE!!
July 2015: ** OR EVEN HERE!!
August 2015:
September 2015:
October 2015:
November 2015:
December 2015:

Last edited:

Welcome to returning friends, newbies, and anyone/everyone who would like to chat about weight loss, weight maintenance, exercise, and anything related! No rules here EXCEPT to be kind and supportive of each other! No negative energy allowed!

We talk about calories, Weight Watchers, low-carb, SparkPeople, MFP, Fitbits, Jawbones, marathon training, walking, recipes, vitamins, meal planning, smoothies, juicing, motivation, YOU NAME IT!! No positive/healthy talk is off limits!

I'm going with the idea of a theme for each day of the week again (as I did in February), so if there is anything in particular you would like to talk about (or NOT talk about), let me know! I am definitely open for suggestions!!.......................P

Not sure exactly how this one works but I am new to this thread. If it is just setting a goal for May I am aiming to lose 10lbs in the month of May. Just starting out in my weight loss journey yet AGAIN. I am doing Bikini Body Mommy workout plan and trying to limit bad carbs and watch my intake of food in general. I also am aiming to drink lots and lots of water each day. I plan on starting to run again once I get some weight off but too heavy to start running without injuring myself. Can't wait to hear what everybody else is doing and all the tips. Thanks for the invite pjlla.

Oh boy, oh boy...I am going to shoot for 5 lbs lost this month.

I was down 2 lbs this morning from last weekend. WOOHOO. But we will see what tomorrows official weigh in day says. My goal is to lose 6 to 8 lbs in May. Lots of walking will happen at Mt Rushmore on May 14th on our trip and I think some is a hike. ;) And we will be swimming a bunch likely if hotel has pool and then one day at indoor water park probably. Can't wait to get out of the valley for a bit. Last time was last March.

I am in for May!! I am still not weighing myself, so not using a weight goal at all. Will think of setting myself an exercise goal...

Pam, thanks for taking over the May thread! I can coach for a week. Just let me know which week is best for you. I can do any week, even though the one that has 5/16 in it, will be not so good as I am going to be visiting my sister that weekend.

I will have to think whom to invite among my DIS friends... They are all from the TR board and I know most of them have trouble keeping up with the DIS anyway.

I am thinking about starting to go to the WW meetings sometime this year. Currently I am doing WW online and I like the ease of tracking online. But I don't think this is a viable option for maintaining as I don't want to keep paying for it every single month. So, I need to come up with another way of tracking. I like the point system though as it makes things easier. And the other trackers like MFP are not really that useful if you are not using American foods. I tried the fitbit tracker for a day for fun and hated it!!! So maybe becoming a gold member and getting the materials to track on paper would be a good way to have a plan for when I start maintaining. Still a bit away from there, but I really really hope to get there this year! I can definitely feel that my clothes fit better, so I am losing slowly. Hopefully I will be back close to a BMI of 25 before I go on my cruise in 5 weeks!

Not sure exactly how this one works but I am new to this thread. If it is just setting a goal for May I am aiming to lose 10lbs in the month of May. Just starting out in my weight loss journey yet AGAIN. I am doing Bikini Body Mommy workout plan and trying to limit bad carbs and watch my intake of food in general. I also am aiming to drink lots and lots of water each day. I plan on starting to run again once I get some weight off but too heavy to start running without injuring myself. Can't wait to hear what everybody else is doing and all the tips. Thanks for the invite pjlla.

WELCOME!! We are doing this a bit different last month and this month. Rather than have the hostess keep track of weight goals and losses, you are responsible for doing it yourself. YOU choose your weigh-in day and choose to post (or not post) your losses (percentage toward a goal or pounds lost). I left the information about colors up in post #2 in case you want to follow what we had done in the past with posting losses. But no real "rules" other than play nice, share, and do your best!!

Oh boy, oh boy...I am going to shoot for 5 lbs lost this month.

Good for you! Sounds like a realistic goal!

I was down 2 lbs this morning from last weekend. WOOHOO. But we will see what tomorrows official weigh in day says. My goal is to lose 6 to 8 lbs in May. Lots of walking will happen at Mt Rushmore on May 14th on our trip and I think some is a hike. ;) And we will be swimming a bunch likely if hotel has pool and then one day at indoor water park probably. Can't wait to get out of the valley for a bit. Last time was last March.

You ca go ahead and count today's weigh in as your final for April, if you would like!

So jealous you are visiting Mt. Rushmore! It is definitely on my bucket list!

I am in for May!! I am still not weighing myself, so not using a weight goal at all. Will think of setting myself an exercise goal...

Pam, thanks for taking over the May thread! I can coach for a week. Just let me know which week is best for you. I can do any week, even though the one that has 5/16 in it, will be not so good as I am going to be visiting my sister that weekend.

I will have to think whom to invite among my DIS friends... They are all from the TR board and I know most of them have trouble keeping up with the DIS anyway.

Let me check my calendar. I could definitely use some help in the middle of the month!

I am thinking about starting to go to the WW meetings sometime this year. Currently I am doing WW online and I like the ease of tracking online. But I don't think this is a viable option for maintaining as I don't want to keep paying for it every single month. So, I need to come up with another way of tracking. I like the point system though as it makes things easier. And the other trackers like MFP are not really that useful if you are not using American foods. I tried the fitbit tracker for a day for fun and hated it!!! So maybe becoming a gold member and getting the materials to track on paper would be a good way to have a plan for when I start maintaining. Still a bit away from there, but I really really hope to get there this year! I can definitely feel that my clothes fit better, so I am losing slowly. Hopefully I will be back close to a BMI of 25 before I go on my cruise in 5 weeks!

When you hit your goal and become a Lifetime Member, you don't continue to pay! As long as you weigh-in at least once a month and stay within your goal range, you can go to any meeting for free!

Woohoo on the upcoming cruise!

Hey all! Happy May! Feel free to post any end-of-April losses in the April thread before making the official move here to May!

I'll BBL today to make sure everyone made the move! I'm off to "invite" a friend!.........P

Last edited:
WELCOME TO YOUR QOTD for Friday, May 1, 2015:

What are you going to commit to doing EVERY DAY in the month of May? Think about a goal you can achieve..... tracking? A one minute plank? A mile of walking? Taking your multi-vitamin? Flossing?

PICK something to stick with for EVERY DAY in May and share it here!!.....................P

Hi joining in again and my aim for May is to walk 20 minutes each day and to lose 7 lbs over the month. Thanks for organizing this thread to keep us all motivated :flower1:

Hello all! :wave2:

Thank you, Pamela, for hostessing this month and for sending me such a sweet message. :)

Returning participant who's been absent for awhile hoping that maybe some of my other lurker friends will be joining in here. :goodvibes I'm getting ready for half marathon #6 at the end of the month and half marathon #7 two weeks later. Running with our local running group and absolutely loving it! I'm also doing personal coaching with WW and it is really helping me to make the long lasting lifetime changes that I need to keep moving forward. Happy to be here with you all this month. :cool2:

Too bad that you aren't doing WW in the US, Magdalene, because here once you hit your lifetime goal your WW would be free as long as you stayed within 2 pounds of your goal weight. You've been successful at weight loss and I know you will be successful at maintaining, too. I know from these boards that it presents a different set of challenges but I know you are up for it when the time comes. :flower3: Is there a European tracker like MFP that might work for you? I do like meetings and having another level of accountability and support.

WELCOME TO YOUR QOTD for Friday, May 1, 2015:

What are you going to commit to doing EVERY DAY in the month of May? Think about a goal you can achieve..... tracking? A one minute plank? A mile of walking? Taking your multi-vitamin? Flossing?

PICK something to stick with for EVERY DAY in May and share it here!!.....................P

Great question, Pamela. :teeth: Reminds me of the turning your "whys into hows" meeting at WW last week. As you know, it's those hows that will get you to where you want to be. I will commit to hitting my step goal every single day this month. I have a new FitBit Charge HR and I love, love, love it!:love:

Wowza! Excited to see some new and returning faces!! WOOHOO!

I guess I'll be first in answering the QOTD and put out my commitment to (at least) a MILE A DAY in MAY and a PLANK A DAY in MAY!! I also will keep up with the flossing commitment I made to myself in April to floss at least 5 x week.

Today's mile included picking up trash and it was amazing how much I got! I actually had to turn around before I had planned to because the three bags I had brought along were full and getting heavy! But it was nice to have a "mission" as I walked!

BBL to chat...........P

Hello all! :wave2:

Thank you, Pamela, for hostessing this month and for sending me such a sweet message. :)

Returning participant who's been absent for awhile hoping that maybe some of my other lurker friends will be joining in here. :goodvibes I'm getting ready for half marathon #6 at the end of the month and half marathon #7 two weeks later. Running with our local running group and absolutely loving it! I'm also doing personal coaching with WW and it is really helping me to make the long lasting lifetime changes that I need to keep moving forward. Happy to be here with you all this month. :cool2:

Too bad that you aren't doing WW in the US, Magdalene, because here once you hit your lifetime goal your WW would be free as long as you stayed within 2 pounds of your goal weight. You've been successful at weight loss and I know you will be successful at maintaining, too. I know from these boards that it presents a different set of challenges but I know you are up for it when the time comes. :flower3: Is there a European tracker like MFP that might work for you? I do like meetings and having another level of accountability and support.

Great question, Pamela. :teeth: Reminds me of the turning your "whys into hows" meeting at WW last week. As you know, it's those hows that will get you to where you want to be. I will commit to hitting my step goal every single day this month. I have a new FitBit Charge HR and I love, love, love it!:love:

I am SO VERY DELIGHTED to see you!! THRILLED TO PIECES doesn't even say it! I have missed you!

Wowza on coming up on half marathons #6 and #7..... I am SO IMPRESSED! Glad you like your new Fitbit.... I have one that is still in the box since January.... :(

WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!...........P

i am going to continue my April goal for May...averaging 10,000 steps every day.

Hi joining in again and my aim for May is to walk 20 minutes each day and to lose 7 lbs over the month. Thanks for organizing this thread to keep us all motivated :flower1:

Welcome back!!!!

Joining for the first time! Down 75lbs since 1/6/15

Weight loss Goal for May is to lose 12lbs (will take my starting weight on 5/4)

Excercise goal is 50 miles of walking for the month

My MFP food and exercise diary: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/Grumpyhaus http://www.myfitnesspal.com/exercise/diary/grumpyhaus

Welcome to you!! And congrats on those 75 that are already gone!

My weigh in day will be Monday.

So glad you are here with us!

i am going to continue my April goal for May...averaging 10,000 steps every day.

Woohoo on the new goal and glad you are joining us in May!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter