2015 Gay Days and Walt Disney World

dano4

It's kind of fun to do the impossible.
I'm starting to become real excited because in less then 100 days, my partner and I check-in at Disney's Beach Club Villas for the very first time. Usually we stay at Disney's Boardwalk Villas during gay days but this year we decided to try something new. We check in on Friday, May 29th and check out Monday, June 8th.

I thought I'd start this thread and get a jump start on making some plans and meeting some new people. Is anyone else going, where are you staying, what are your plans, are you up for meeting new people, etc. Some of the things we are considering are a monorail crawl, drinks at Crockett's Tavern at Fort Wilderness, a drink at each of the Epcot resorts, etc. We are going to Riptide Friday evening and will be hanging out at the various theme and water parks. What about you?

To me personally the idea of "Gay Days" in 2015 is a bit antiquated. We do not need ONE day anymore to express how proud we are, and now it's more socially acceptable to have you and your partner in the park. I like the idea of just going anytime and having the spirit of Gay Day alive all the time.

To me personally the idea of "Gay Days" in 2015 is a bit antiquated. We do not need ONE day anymore to express how proud we are, and now it's more socially acceptable to have you and your partner in the park. I like the idea of just going anytime and having the spirit of Gay Day alive all the time.
So I gather that you are not going.

I'm toying with the idea of heading down this year. It's been a long while (14 years?) since I was there last for GD, and I have an AP burning a hole in my pocket....

I'm toying with the idea of heading down this year. It's been a long while (14 years?) since I was there last for GD, and I have an AP burning a hole in my pocket....
Have you been to WDW any other time in the last 14 years?

I'm going, but I'll be pretty busy. I'm going with a total group of 15 people...I'm the only gay one in the bunch. Three 6yos, one 1 yo, two late teen/young adult males, and 4 straight married couples. I'm sure they'll encourage me to get out and mingle a little, but I'm not much on drinking. And I have a breakfast in the castle with two 6yo princesses and their parents on Gay Day. :)

Last edited:

So what's the usual etiquette for a Gay Day anyway? I've heard about the red shirt thing, and I know about the rainbow pins on offer, but is there anything else I should be aware of if I ever go to a GD?

Not sure there's any particular etiquette, as such. Red shirts are generally worn by the gay community and supporters. Disney is of course, a family oriented park, and more and more gay families are also raising children. So basically anything appropriate for straight people in that sort of atmosphere would be appropriate for gay people, and the same holds true for whatever would be inappropriate. Having a great theme park experience is the priority. Of course, any of the private ticket GayDay events would be more like the gay venues in major cities.

I'm going, but I'll be pretty busy. I'm going with a total group of 15 people...I'm the only gay one in the bunch. Three 6yos, one 1 yo, two late teen/young adult males, and 4 straight married couples. I'm sure they'll encourage to get out and mingle a little, but I'm not much on drinking. And I have a breakfast in the castle with two 6yo princesses and their parents on Gay Day. :)
I bet you will make sure everyone has a magical time! My sister and her family joined us last year and my twin nieces had a blast!

So what's the usual etiquette for a Gay Day anyway? I've heard about the red shirt thing, and I know about the rainbow pins on offer, but is there anything else I should be aware of if I ever go to a GD?
Don't forget your ears.

Have a project in Orlando in June, so I just booked my first trip for GDays. (actually just staying down there after the work project) Usually only go in January for marathon weekend. Excited to check out GD and Star Wars weekend.

Makes it even better when work is paying for the trip. hahaha

Have a project in Orlando in June, so I just booked my first trip for GDays. (actually just staying down there after the work project) Usually only go in January for marathon weekend. Excited to check out GD and Star Wars weekend.

Makes it even better when work is paying for the trip. hahaha

It will be a lot warmer in late May / early June then it is in January but that's what pools are for. Where are you staying?

POP Century for me.
Did AKL on the last trip, but really missed POP (had been there the previous 6 trips).
Solo trip on this one, so good to head back to my "home" resort.
Will be cool to see Star Wars weekend as well.

POP Century for me.
Did AKL on the last trip, but really missed POP (had been there the previous 6 trips).
Solo trip on this one, so good to head back to my "home" resort.
Will be cool to see Star Wars weekend as well.
Stayed at POP only once. We got a last minute room for New Years a few years ago. It was nice. Have never been to AKL.

WHAT EARS?! This will be my husband and I's first trip to Disney, and I would love some memorabilia that has some pride aspects. Does anyone know what kind of merchandise they have geared toward "us"
"I's first trip"???

I can think of only rainbow Mickey pins.

Was being funny with the whole "ears" thing. It's a Mickey reference. Anyway, they have rainbow vinylmations too. You and your husband are going to have a blast!

In 2013 they had some rainbow Mickey shirts (first year I've seen what could be considered Gay Day shirts), didn't see any shirts last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter