2015 FREE DINING THREAD _ All Questions HERE!!

They are going to do a referb on the pirate rooms. I can't remember if it is supposed to be completed by Aug or Oct though. Don't know if the beds will grow like the other other referbs they did though.

Thanks for the update. I thought they had finished renovations already. At any rate, for us the pirates are still too far from the food court. We enjoy our mug refills many times a day and that's just too far to walk after a long day in the park. Yes, we know there are internal buses but we think POP will be a better fit as far as proximity to the amenities. Oh, and I did read that the food court at AoA is amazing. That'll be fun to check out! Looking for the silver lining ;)

I ended up just booking Pop Century, upgraded the dining plan and saved ~$300 vs. our estimate for Standard View CSR. Very bad business model by Disney to not release more Standard Rooms at the Mods.
How do you figure? If they are filling at rack rate, how would it be a GOOD business model to offer them at a discount?

My son will be 10 when we go, but right now he's listed on the dining plan as a kid because his birthday is next month. Will they change it to adult by the time we go?

My daughter is currently 9, but will also turn 10 by the time we go. She is listed as a 10 year old on our reservation. I don't think they will change his dining plan category automatically. You'll probably have to correct that prior to paying your package in full.

How do you figure? If they are filling at rack rate, how would it be a GOOD business model to offer them at a discount?
Exactly.
The person I talked to said a lot of people at the call center were surprised they even offered free dining because there were so many bookings for the rest of the year. She said availability was very limited.

can someone please tell me what number i should be calling. i can't even get into a hold queue

What are the wait times like over the phone right now? Online it appears to be working until you go to select a resort, then it kicks you back to the resort page that lists them all. It doesn't let you select anything.

It took all of my info and then went silent on me.

I was never prompted to enter any info. After a couple of minutes of silence I was told my estimated waited time was 54 minutes. After an hour and a half of silence I got a real, live person.

my MDE is still blank, says it cant connect with reservations...OH NO
Mine is doing the same thing! I am trying to remain calm lol. If I click on my itinerary I can see my plans there but when I click on Reservations and Tickets it says the same thing. My thinking is just that the server is extremely busy. I was able to get in this morning with the modify button I wish I just clicked it then and there, but silly me thought I would have no problem calling Disney directly (WRONG!)

Let me know when yours starts working again!

Wow. Up a 4:15 trying to book and getting nothing but errors until i give up at 6:45. Dreading the 7:00 am call hold because I had to be in the hotel conference room by 8. Call right at 7 and more problems. Ahhhhhh. And then the automated system finally answers around 5 after. Great, going to be on hold until I have to leave. 5 minutes later a CM!!!!!!!!! Off the phone by 7:25 with a room at Old Key West for my desired dates. Just when you are about to give up on Disney, they renew your faith in Magic!

I'm figuring that some people who would have booked Moderates are now booking Values (I have seen more than myself say they did this as well) and lost atleast $300 in revenue.

Ok sorry for the newbie question but I'm confused. I think that I read that if I have a 6 night stay then the park hopper is not required, is this true? Thanks!

I was never prompted to enter any info. After a couple of minutes of silence I was told my estimated waited time was 54 minutes. After an hour and a half of silence I got a real, live person.
That does not bode well for me then. It told me 90 minutes.

Wow. Up a 4:15 trying to book and getting nothing but errors until i give up at 6:45. Dreading the 7:00 am call hold because I had to be in the hotel conference room by 8. Call right at 7 and more problems. Ahhhhhh. And then the automated system finally answers around 5 after. Great, going to be on hold until I have to leave. 5 minutes later a CM!!!!!!!!! Off the phone by 7:25 with a room at Old Key West for my desired dates. Just when you are about to give up on Disney, they renew your faith in Magic!

Glad you got what you wanted @LouFapp !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter