2015 FREE DINING THREAD _ All Questions HERE!!

Just wanted to let everyone know, some folks are reporting that they were able to get rooms that were not available yesterday. For instance, CBR with a standard view room during Thanksgiving week. Not sure if things finally settled down in the system, some bookings were cancelled, or additional rooms were added to the promotion.

I was just dropping by to say the same thing. I'm looking at our week, and there are definitely more openings right now. The website also seems to be cooperative.

Edit: I actually just used the modify button to change our reservation from a pool view to a garden view and saved $75 more. Woohoo! (On a side note, was I the only who found using the modify button to be slightly terrifying?)

Last edited:
Oh my goodness, I am so happy.

I wasn't able to get any rooms for Pop yesterday despite getting up at 6:15am. I was super bummed out but decided I would check periodically afterward just in case.

This morning I checked (just 10 minutes ago or so) and was able to get a standard room, in fact, it appears both standards and preferreds are available.

I could not be more pleased. :)

I also found a garden view room at POR in mid Sept that wasn't available yesterday and was able to take $120 off our total!! There were pool views too that weren't available yesterday when I was booking at 6 am!

So, I am trying to figure what we learned today.
1). Traditional dogma was to not book early because you are depleting possible rooms in FD, shutting down resorts from being included, etc. Did that pan out to be true?
2). If one had booked early on, was it easier to add FD onto their promo? Or did it seem to be easier to be starting afresh with new booking?
3). Were you able to both start afresh AND/OR modify an existing ressie at 4:15 this AM, or was it just a modification with the online option?
4). Did booking with a TA end up helping most or hurting most for getting FD?

I know that some of this is still yet to be seen, but figure that we have a general gist by now.

1. Booking early tells Disney the rooms are occupied. Therefore, why offer a promotion to fill rooms? I think it did pan out to be true, because many people were reporting that availability was limited. I had issues with the website, but eventually got what I wanted.

2. No, it did not matter if you were already booked or were trying to do a new res, yesterday was HELL.

3. The website was screwed up for me until around 12:00pm.

4. Not sure, as I like to do things myself and be in 100% control.

I wonder if all these new rooms available for the promotion are a result of all of the cancellations of people who were unable to get free dining yesterday.

I was just dropping by to say the same thing. I'm looking at our week, and there are definitely more openings right now. The website also seems to be cooperative.

Edit: I actually just used the modify button to change our reservation from a pool view to a garden view and saved $75 more. Woohoo! (On a side note, was I the only who found using the modify button to be slightly terrifying?)

Hahahaha. YES! Yesterday I went to try to modify my free dining package. I wanted to check for a garden view because we could only get pool view as well. I got a pop-up asking if I wanted to continue or cancel and I cancelled. Lol. I didn't even check availability because I was too nervous to lose what I had!

Hmmmm, that's discerning. I am able to view my ressie in MDE but just no email yet. Maybe because after I booked it online at 3:00 I decided to upgrade the dining and therefore had to call in to have a CM change my FD plan to a partially paid dining plan? :confused3

They say it can take up to 24 hours. Not usually though. Stupid question: have you checked any Spam folders?

Hahahaha. YES! Yesterday I went to try to modify my free dining package. I wanted to check for a garden view because we could only get pool view as well. I got a pop-up asking if I wanted to continue or cancel and I cancelled. Lol. I didn't even check availability because I was too nervous to lose what I had!
Mine button is still not working correctly. I tried to cancel my AS Sports and it looked like it was going to work for a minute and then just refreshed again. On hold AGAIN to cancel this one. Not really complaining about being on hold though, it means I got what I wanted! :)

I wonder if all these new rooms available for the promotion are a result of all of the cancellations of people who were unable to get free dining yesterday.

Maybe, but it could also be the results of rooms that were "held" being freed up when folks decided what they wanted and confirmations actually were made.

Yes, that pop-up warning really freaked me out! It made it sounds like I was about to give up free dining. I was only brave enough to proceed when it told me I had to confirm changes at the end.

I am seeing more options this morning as well, so I am hopeful things will still open up a bit. Our dates are a bit wonky arriving on a Tuesday and leaving on a Monday (we are trying to minimize the kids out of school days....we usually travel Wednesday - Wednesday) for 9/22 - 9/28. Was able to move from CBR to a free dining deal at Yacht club which saved us $280 over rack rate and paid dining at CBR so we figured since we would be going whether we got the discount or not the switch was worth it even though the "savings" are minimal. Still more than we hoped to have as the bottom line, but.........We're going to DISNEY WORLD :) so in the end, it's all good. There is availability at the Cabins and All Star Music, but I know that both would be a little disappointing for the kids after they were planning on Caribbean Beach. Those were completely unavailable yesterday, so I will keep checking.

I have two questions about tickets. I currently booked with the 2 day water prks and more option. Is it possible to apply that cost to a 9 day base? Also, we have a third person going who has an annual pass. Can I use the cost of their ticket PLUS my ticket to upgrade to one 9 day ticket? Thanks all.

Well, I have a fam of 6 and was able to book 1 room at Pop but now when trying to book the second room I am getting error messages at the point I enter my credit card. So now I have 1 room, can't get the second and another whole vaca booked at AoA
I am getting that same error message, too. It's very frustrating. I've paid my entire trip via Disney Vacation Account.

Update.....I went and looked and have now added a day because they had a king room opened at CBR for Sept 25-Oct 3!! Don't give up hope y'all!!! pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:
Yay! So glad you found a room at CBR. Our vacation starts at CBR on 10/1, so I'll wave if I see ya! :wave:Have a great trip.

I've been following along here to see how how the free dining for the GP would go and boy am I glad I had a BB offer with FD at POFQ already in place for 9/5-9/12! Congratulations to everybody who was able to successfully book! :daisy::flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter