2015 FREE DINING THREAD _ All Questions HERE!!

I'm about to cancel a Beaches & Cream on November 16th at 11:00 for 4 people if anyone wants to go grab it!
Is Beaches & Cream a hard place to get into? We were debating to go over to Boardwalk area for dinner and walk over to get ice cream later. Just a casual evening with quick service so I wasn't going to worry about ADRs but now seeing this post has me wondering.
I've never been over to that area other than for a Cape May reservation so I don't know much about the resorts and restaurants.
Thanks in advance for information about Beaches & Cream and other places around there. It's just DH and myself.

I got a Beaches and Cream reservation for the first time for our November trip with free dining. Excited to try it! I've read that its almost impossible to just walk up and eat there but that the to go ice cream place is doable if you are on the go and wanting something quick (except kitchen sink)

Is Beaches & Cream a hard place to get into? We were debating to go over to Boardwalk area for dinner and walk over to get ice cream later. Just a casual evening with quick service so I wasn't going to worry about ADRs but now seeing this post has me wondering.
I've never been over to that area other than for a Cape May reservation so I don't know much about the resorts and restaurants.
Thanks in advance for information about Beaches & Cream and other places around there. It's just DH and myself.
I have no idea. I saw it pop up one day, so I booked it. Then my hubby decided he didn't want to eat there. Sorry I'm not much help!

I got a Beaches and Cream reservation for the first time for our November trip with free dining. Excited to try it! I've read that its almost impossible to just walk up and eat there but that the to go ice cream place is doable if you are on the go and wanting something quick (except kitchen sink)

Ok I can survive with walk up and maybe go find a bench or swing near the water. Bummer but a good thing on the kitchen sink. LOL
Tempting but I will probably feel better if I eat a regular size ice cream.

I have no idea. I saw it pop up one day, so I booked it. Then my hubby decided he didn't want to eat there. Sorry I'm not much help!

No problem I'll go searching and reading. Still not sure I want to make an ADR cause I just hate being on a schedule when I'm on vacation.

Any thoughts on this? I keep checking availability for the last week of October (even though we can't go this year :worried:) and there are still lots of openings. Just wondering if that is a good sign for free dining next year???

Hi all
I booked the free dining package for 2 adults,1 child(10) and 1 child (7) and have already made dining reservations. I would like to know of I can change my 7yrs old to an 10 yrs old so he can get adult dining credits? The reason for that is because the little one always like to mimic what the older one eat or does. TIA :)

Hi all
I booked the free dining package for 2 adults,1 child(10) and 1 child (7) and have already made dining reservations. I would like to know of I can change my 7yrs old to an 10 yrs old so he can get adult dining credits? The reason for that is because the little one always like to mimic what the older one eat or does. TIA :)
I would think you could. My nephew was only 9 last year but his mom wanted him to be able to get the adult meals so she changed his age. It does make the price go up since you will have to pay for adult park tickets too.

Hi all

My daughter was the same way. She wanted more than nuggets and burgers. I called Disney to see if I could get her on the adult dining plan somehow. She just put her as 10 years old. We had to pay the difference of the kids and adult ticket, but that was very little.

Hi all

I have done this the past 2 years. If you have the free dining, then all you have to pay is the price difference on the ticket package. We do an 8 day ticket, and the difference is usually around $25 per kid. Well worth it to be able to order adult meals!!

Word of caution, though, some CM's don't know how to do it right so when you call, if you get some hesitation, hang up and call back and get someone who knows what they are doing. Oh, and don't wait to do it until after you have booked your fast passes! I made that mistake last time and it was quite the mess.

That's a good suggestion, but we're going the week before Thanksgiving and only staying for 5 days. I know one of the water parks will be closed and the highs are usually in the 70's.

Just as another idea we've used successfully, with small ones (or the elderly - or both :-)), doing one park for a few hours, returning to the room for a nap and to cool off, then back in the evening to a different park worked well for us.

We were blessed to be able to take my 3 year old and my 93 year old grandmother together a few years ago. It was "magical" to see her seeing Disney (she had never been in those 93 years), and being able to let her see it with her great-grandchild was really neat.

20020415-115248-img_2172.jpg

Keep in mind the dinning plan only covers two meals a day, so if you plan on eating three a day out, then having the extra credits from days at universal will not go wasted. Shortening the number of days at Disney won't really save you that much money to use towards Universal tickets. But it would probably be nice to break things up a bit :) Having the park hopper is really useful, especially if it is just two adults going. You can make dining plans at Epcot and not worry about where you will be during the day, etc.

We have also found that often times a snack can be a meal :-) - the meals are large, and a hefty snack can sometimes cover for one for us. We've usually wound up with credits left (buy Earl of Sandwich to go in the car or something... don't waste them!)

I'm just wondering how people chose their dinner time preferences? Do you eat early, so you can park hop to the next park, to get rides in before closing. I usually give dinner two hours...from seating to check. What do other people do?

Earlyish... sometimes :-)

We normally eat fairly late in our day-to-day lives, but at Disney we often have more of a snack at lunch (which works well with the one snack credit world), and then eat an early dinner to cool off and rest up in the A/C before hitting fireworks or whatever. We pretty much always close out the park that is open the latest, but I've never come close to being at a park opening :-)

We're all night owls.

Sounds like a good choice to me. BOG has good lunch and it's CS instead of TS which is nice. I have never been to CRT either but, I have a reservation for DH and I for my birthday in September. I am so excited!

We wound up with the three of us at CRT one late night (like the last available time slot). Something had happened and they were way behind and we waited a good while. The cast/crew were so good entertaining everybody in the waiting area.

When we got inside, we really liked it. We're "architecture" and "castle" people, so I really enjoyed the theming and all. Our son (13 at the time, I think) even enjoyed it. Despite it being "princess", they deal with the boys well (although he was a little embarrassed posing with the pretty girls for pictures :-)).

I am trying to look at the price a Disney trip in June 2016 would cost. On Disney's website it will not let me change the date past December. Does any one know why it is not letting go any further?

I am trying to look at the price a Disney trip in June 2016 would cost. On Disney's website it will not let me change the date past December. Does any one know why it is not letting go any further?
Pricing for 2016 won't be available until July/Aug.

You can make a room only reservation up to 499 (I believe) days out, but will be charged the highest possible rack rate for a room until 2016 pricing is released & the amount modified.

2016 rates have not been released. You can do it over the phone.

How late can I upgrade my QSDP to DDP? Does it need to be done before my final payment is due or can I upgrade at the hotel? We are still not sure if we are upgrading or if its best to pay for TS OOP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter