• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2015 DVC Alaska Member Cruise 5/25-5/31/15

Ok. We're definitely doing a round trip to Seattle. I just booked a mini van from SeaTac to the sandman for $68 with 100 miles included/.30/mile after that. Well worth it for party of 5.

Ok I need to clarify.. Freezing as in see your breath freezing or 50s with a moving ship wind freezing.. because I dont actually OWN a winter coat.
It will be cold outside on the boat - not in the 30's but definitely cold with the wind - it will feel like it is in the low 40's. Most people will be wearing ski/winter coats, gloves, scarves and hats. You can probably get by with several layers of sweaters and sweatshirts.

When we are in port, it will be anywhere from 55 to 70 degrees and it may rain.

The sandman? What is that?

Yes, The Sandman Hotel in Vancouver.

Jaycat, if the timing works out you are welcome to hitch a ride up to Vancouver with us. We are 5 so you guys will fit no problem.

We haven't secured airfare yet, but I know we are flying in on the morning of 5/24/15, picking up the mini van and heading right to the Pan Pacific Hotel.

How/Where are you seeing the car rental rates? (National)?

I just priced a pick up from SEA and drop off at the Sandman for a mini-van for $700++ and the return trip same day pickup/drop off was $390.

It also looks like National actually has a location AT the port terminal. Wouldn't that be better than the Sandman?

H
It also looks like National actually has a location AT the port terminal. Wouldn't that be better than the Sandman?

I don't know if that is closed or just has limited service, but every time I selected it, it said it was closed at that time.

I don't know if that is closed or just has limited service, but every time I selected it, it said it was closed at that time.
What website are you using? I am at nationalcar.com and am able to pull up rates, though really expensive.

eOHnDyec

What website are you using? I am at nationalcar.com and am able to pull up rates, though really expensive.

that's interesting. Did you try to rent from the port to Seattle as well?

I never tried the Sea/Tac to Port direction, only the opposite way, and kept receiving the same error message as maburke, that the "cruise port" location was closed on 6/1.

BTW if you PM JQ, he has the rate codes we used.

I live in the Washington, DC area (Annandale, VA) and would like to fly to Vancouver. The best option appears to be Air Alaska out of DCA. The trip takes about eight hours and cost $1,833.54 for two round trip.

Does anyone have a better option?:confused3

Is there anyone else from this area?:grouphug:

I called DVC member services today asking about our Alaskan cruise package and if they had a DCL # for us yet. The gal said, no. It'll be another 2 weeks for the information to show up. How is it that some are getting emails and others not?

Johnny Q we may take you up on that, if you are sure there is room. We may fly in a day early to visit some folks in Seattle, but might very well be interested in a vehicle share!

I called DVC member services today asking about our Alaskan cruise package and if they had a DCL # for us yet. The gal said, no. It'll be another 2 weeks for the information to show up. How is it that some are getting emails and others not?

They told me last week it was by mistake that any emails had gone out already.

We only received an email for 1 of our 2 cabins. It contained our DCL # on it and I was able to view the reservation on the DCL website.

But we never received anything for the 2nd reservation, so I called the DVC to try and get it. Well that was futile, because I got nowhere. The CM kept insisting nothing was assigned yet, nor should anything have been released because they are still selling cabins and things could change. I was instructed to disregard any emails we had. (I kept thinking, yeah sure I will)

So I let it go with the DVC, but still plan to call DCL, since I know they have us set up in the system. I viewed it!

They told me last week it was by mistake that any emails had gone out already.

We only received an email for 1 of our 2 cabins. It contained our DCL # on it and I was able to view the reservation on the DCL website.

But we never received anything for the 2nd reservation, so I called the DVC to try and get it. Well that was futile, because I got nowhere. The CM kept insisting nothing was assigned yet, nor should anything have been released because they are still selling cabins and things could change. I was instructed to disregard any emails we had. (I kept thinking, yeah sure I will)

So I let it go with the DVC, but still plan to call DCL, since I know they have us set up in the system. I viewed it!

Well, that seems silly, since we had to pick our stateroom when we booked our cruise.

Yeah is was a weird response. At first she put me on hold to get the number. When she came back, it was obvious someone else was directing her with all that spin. I wanted to say something but it was clear they either didn't have the number or weren't giving it out.

At one point she stated that cabin which is my BIL and SIL wouldn't ever be receiving an email since they paid 100% in cash.

I live in the Washington, DC area (Annandale, VA) and would like to fly to Vancouver. The best option appears to be Air Alaska out of DCA. The trip takes about eight hours and cost $1,833.54 for two round trip.

Does anyone have a better option?:confused3

Is there anyone else from this area?:grouphug:

We are flying out of Baltimore and currently looking at Air Canada. Using the times that work best for us as far as debarking the ship we will be over 24 hours getting home, just under counting the 3 hour time difference. Leave Vancouver at 7:30 PM and arriving home the next day at 9:53 AM, two stops in between Vancouver and home. Cost is 1229.56 for two, but there is a LOT of waiting time.

We are still looking.

Johnny Q we may take you up on that, if you are sure there is room. We may fly in a day early to visit some folks in Seattle, but might very well be interested in a vehicle share!

Sounds great Jay Kat. We definitely have the room. There are only 5 in our group in a Grand Caravan. Just let us know. Looking forward to it. :drive:

Duckieluckey,

Dh and I are from Leesburg area. Dh said we got airfare out of Dulles at about $1800 as well. We are using United.

Yeah is was a weird response. At first she put me on hold to get the number. When she came back, it was obvious someone else was directing her with all that spin. I wanted to say something but it was clear they either didn't have the number or weren't giving it out.

At one point she stated that cabin which is my BIL and SIL wouldn't ever be receiving an email since they paid 100% in cash.

We paid 100% cash and got an email. We also found it by going to DCL and it was in there when I logged in with my Castaway Cay number. But, I guess we will just disregard it. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter