2015 DVC Alaska Member Cruise 5/25-5/31/15

No, I won't be carrying a paddle but I'm sure you'll be able to tell who the cruisers are. I'll probably be wearing a member cruise hat.

Hi everyone! I am putting the finishing touches on my FE gifts and have a quick question: I am in Adult Group A- was there a google doc a long time ago with the names of everyone in our FE? I could be going a little crazy but I thought I remembered seeing one. If not no biggie, I am just trying to put initials on gifts. (If anyone objects to this please let me know- I know some people are iffy about names and initials on items). TIA!!!

BTW- only 4 more days~!!!!!! :sail::yay::dogdance:

Weather anxiety has set in. I had everything chosen and ready to pack and now the weather is showing much warmer than I thought it would. I don't have room to pack for winter and summer both! So conflicted on what to take! :worried:

I just heard that we have to go through customs before we get on the ship. Does this limit the amount of alcohol we can bring on board in our carry on? and if it does do you know the limit?

Weather anxiety has set in. I had everything chosen and ready to pack and now the weather is showing much warmer than I thought it would. I don't have room to pack for winter and summer both! So conflicted on what to take! :worried:
I get it...in order to pack less stuff, we are planning to do one (or two) loads of laundry on the ship. It's a cheaper option than checking an extra bag. Not a super fun way to spend time, but saves me about $70 in checked bag fees. Ouch!

I get it...in order to pack less stuff, we are planning to do one (or two) loads of laundry on the ship. It's a cheaper option than checking an extra bag. Not a super fun way to spend time, but saves me about $70 in checked bag fees. Ouch!

That's true, I do have one Tide pod I could throw in my bag. Definitely don't want to go the route of checking an extra bag! I thought Alaska was supposed to be cold!! :cold: :rotfl:

Hi everyone! I am putting the finishing touches on my FE gifts and have a quick question: I am in Adult Group A- was there a google doc a long time ago with the names of everyone in our FE? I could be going a little crazy but I thought I remembered seeing one. If not no biggie, I am just trying to put initials on gifts. (If anyone objects to this please let me know- I know some people are iffy about names and initials on items). TIA!!!

Hi I don't remember the names of everyone in the cabin, just the screen name of the person who signed up and the cabin #....my computer decided to quit on me Sunday, so i am going on memory...happily i had printed a hard copy of the FE list as i started my FE's :-)

Hey there...I know I'm about to ask a SUPER crazy question here, but I'm asking anyway. Do we have any runners in this group?
QUOTE]

Yes, but have a bad knee injury. I KNOW I have to have surgery, but was putting it off until after this. I am swimming instead, and will walk around he deck, and perhaps go to the fitness center for some weights. Wish I could run with you. My first 5k was Castaway Quay....more for us to talk about!

we are KM for Kitty and RET for Ron

I have Adult A saved on my PC, will send it to you in AM if you send me your email. Deb

Yes, but have a bad knee injury. I KNOW I have to have surgery, but was putting it off until after this.
Oh yikes! Yes, more to talk about for sure! Eric has had both knees fixed once. It's why we only run shorter races now, he can't run on hard surfaces much anymore. This getting older thing is for the birds!! The Castaway 5k is fun! We did that last time we were there too.

Safe travels to everyone leaving today and onward! It was a pleasure getting to "know" you all while waiting for what will undoubtedly be an amazing cruise. We don't leave until Sunday, but lots to do until then. See ya real soon!! :earsboy:

I second everything WaylaLady just posted!
We will hopefully see you all Sunday night at the Pan.

Travel safe!

ps. JQ uses "Whatsapp" to text anywhere in the world for free. We've used it many times without incident when our daughter travelled abroad.
Also, he upgraded his T-Mobile plan to include worldwide texting and data and wi-fi calling. They confirmed this will work in Vancouver and in Alaska.

pps. Since we're so pressed for time, we decided to visit our local TD Bank yesterday and exchange for some Canadian currency. You must have an account with them. Also, check with the branch to confirm they have the currency on hand. They charged a 7.50 fee. No Loonies and Toonies though, only bills but we'll get change as we go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter