2015 destash - Purge Purge Purge, Purge is the word

Alright, getting ready to join in! DH and I are closing on a smaller home at the end of this month(!) so we will definitely be purging a lot. Specifically in the closet area. Mine really isn't THAT bad, but DH's... :scared1: I've never seen a man with so many clothes haha.

Getting a lot done in this miserable heat. Hooray for air conditioning!

I have now taken my 3rd box of work related media mail to the post office. I am trying to group the journals by year, and I discovered another box that contained some of the issues I was looking for. I also found some more Girl Scout books, and the leader has already said I could drop them off at their meeting on Tuesday.

I dropped off 5 boxes at the thrift store as well.

The other big project I am making a dent on is shredding. Our filing cabinet is bursting at the seams. I was inspired by the recent Flylady radio show about paper clutter, so I got started.

Happy Destashing, everyone!

Just finished in the garage.....Well still not 100% done but I packed up
-3 boxes of clothes
-2 boxes of kids toys
-1 box of misc stuff
-2 bags of kids clothes
--------------
Threw out
-2 blankets
-1 of DD's old comforters
-fake plant
-2 wicker baskets
-1 plastic bin
-1 plastic basket
----------------
Need to take to recycle bin
-1 shredder
-1 computer monitor
-1 tv
-2 scanners
----------------
I found a new suit case set we bought 2-3 years ago with tags still on :/ Dh threw it in the pile of junk in a black trash bag and I totally forgot about it and didn't realize it

After moving everything from my classroom INTO the basement in June, last night DD came and took a truckload away for HER classroom. I am embarrassed to say that you can't even tell that stuff went out. But it did! (Probably over a thousand-or two-dollars of picture books) She'll be back for more, since she didn't take the science, math, or mentor tubs of books. She doesn't need the furniture (plastic file boxes/drawers), so I think that I will incorporate them in the closets as I clean. Youngest DD went back to university, but didn't take her stuff, since she has a furnished room this year. I did warn her that I would be going through the rooms and discarding everything left behind. On the plus, she did throw out about 20 half bottles of shampoo and conditioner from her bathroom.

Got back yesterday from our mammoth 20 day vacation and it's soooo good to be home! We cleaned out the fridge before we left and since there were only condiments and cheese slices left in the door, I pulled out and scrubbed all the shelves. It was so lovely to come home to such cleanliness. I sorted the dirty laundry and got some going and DH put away the stuff that was still clean. I then ran to the grocery store to stock up while he finished unpacking. I finished up the little bits and pieces today.

After 3 weeks of living in essentially one room with three other people and being together pretty much 24/7, I am looking forward to a little alone time! And living out of one suitcase and one travel bag per person has really made me appreciate minimalism. Having said that, I should confess that I HAVE missed my extended wardrobe. :rolleyes1

The kids start school on Tuesday and DH (teaches university) starts on Thursday. I will continue to purge, clean and organize once they are out from underfoot. DH is fighting me a bit on the destashing...he figures, if it fits on the shelf nicely...why get rid of it? I have to leave some stuff alone but I can get rid of some things in spite of his resistance.

I took some pictures of what I've done so far and if I can figure out how to do it...I'll post them.

I can't wait to streamline the rest of my house!!

I am 20 hrs. from WDW, you must live in Ontario, LOL. I have a friend that lives in Ontario and she has nicer weather than I do in Wisconsin. Wow, that is a fun vacation. I would of bought tickets to a park too if I stayed at the Yacht Club. Walking into the back at EPCOT is so much fun, and leaving too. We always stick around after Illuminations and let the crowd clear out. Lots of people like to go to the ESPN Club after the park closes. Have fun on your cruise. We are doing our first cruise next Oct. 2016 out of NYC. I cannot wait.

Yep...just outside of Toronto, Ontario. We have been enjoying nice, hot weather this spring and summer...of course the winter was sucktastic, like everywhere else basically!!

The Epcot day was a great one...low crowds and we did everything we wanted to and then some. It was hot but we stayed hydrated and went inside a lot and it worked out well. I'm glad we decided to go for it!

Everyone LOVED Vero Beach and wants to go back and the Yacht Club was very popular with the family as well. I confess, my fave Disney resort is still Animal Kingdom Lodge but Yacht Club is a close second. I'd like to try the Boardwalk sometime in the future.

The cruise was really fun, although Erika messed with our planned itinerary and we had to drop St Maarten and St Kitts....the two stops we actually booked that cruise for, so that was a bummer. Ah well...the risk you run during hurricane season!!

I'd like to try the cruise you are doing next fall. It sound like fun! Next summer's trip is supposed to be a road trip to Atlantic Canada...but we'll see!!

Well Mon. I scheduled a pickup. Its not even my stuff since ds3 helped ds1 clean his room.

We have 2 bags of his clothes and shoes to give away. I only have a couple of things to contribute, mostly books. Maybe this week end I can look at my fall clothes.

Every little bit helps for sure.

And our Goodwill moved to another town so now we will have to drive further away for a drop off when we donate. The other place was still out of the way.

It's our City Wide Cleanup this weekend and we are decluttering like crazy! One van load full and other to go. This is mostly stuff we can't give away: old flower pots, mattresses, building material (scraps) from our renovation and misc. junk.
Last weekend a local bank had free secure shredding so we decluttered files.

My goal for the year: Remove 2015 items from our home. Current count: 1405 :cheer2:

My kids elementary school is doing a clothing donation drive so YES, more bags to fill up and get rid of! Not only will they take clothes, but they'll take bedding/towels (got rid of one set that was definitely not longer soofffffttttt), toys, small appliances, shoes, etc.

I have totally fallen away from the declutter process this summer (first time working a real job in the summer since DD was born 20 years ago!).... and while the money was nice, the house is in total disarray!

That being said.... my SPRING goal of cleaning out the garage FINALLY got accomplished about 2 weeks ago! The men *****ed and grumbled a bit..... but it looks BEAUTIFUL! DH made 2 trips to the transfer station with TRASH..... I got rid of a large shelf unit that was crumbling apart (brittle plastic that didn't hold up well to the heat/cold of the garage), bit the bullet and got rid of stuff I've been hanging onto faaarrr too long, cleaned out every box and bin, wiped out/swept out all of the mouse poop and cob webs, rinsed out the recycling bins and shelf they sit on.... anyhow..... still need to move the work bench and table saw that I bought this year (used) for DH's basement workshop-to-be, but we can easily park both cars and open all of the doors. The feeling of peace from entering a clean organized garage is not to be under-rated!

I've also been working hard at saving money and staying out of the stores (primarily thrift stores and Target) has helped keep down the clutter coming INTO the house as well! And a leaky faucet AND garbage disposal under the sink has forced me to clean under the kitchen sink THREE TIMES in the past few weeks.... and EVERY TIME I find something else to toss out! :yay:

Still need to relist a set of dishes on Ebay that didn't sell the first time. I should have relisted them right away while the listing was still there.... now I need to totally create it again. If it doesn't sell this time I will make a consignment store appointment. I got them for free and they seem to sell pretty well on Ebay most of the time, so I was really hoping to make some money.... but perhaps I listed them too high. I've also had two offers on pieces from Replacements.com..... but I hate to break up the set..... but I need my dining room buffet back!

Mom's church is having Rummage sale in a few weeks, so if I can get a box or two together I will bring them to her next time I visit. I'd rather have the stuff go there than the Goodwill. Our Goodwill always seems to have TOO MUCH stuff!.................P

Over the past month, I've recycled the old 55 inch tube TV that was in the basement and didn't work. Sold another 30 items on ebay and today listed another 45 items.

Sold the trombone that hasn't been touched in 6 years, cleaned out the upstairs linen closet, cleaned another small section out of the attic, and cleaned one kitchen cupboard.

Next is Halloween decorating so I'll be going through all of the tubs in the attic and hopefully selling anything I don't want from them on Craig's list over the next week.

I feel like I'm slowly getting a handle on the upstairs part of the house.

DS has outgrown all of his pants. He had about 13 pair so I will be handing them down to a coworker. I've got the pile started so I just need to bag them and take them to work one day this week. I also have 3 empty boxes just sitting in my dining room, those will be getting moved the dumpster sometime this week.

I finally bought the cabinet I've had my eye on so I will get rid of the last box from my move a year ago. Some of it will end up with my sister but mostly because I changed my mind about keeping it. I'm now down to two pieces of furniture that I need to purchase and my apartment is complete! But first, I need to put this cabinet together!

After work settles down I will declutter again. I really need to stay out of target, but I finally found men's pants that fit DS and they are a target exclusive.

I have done nothing for the last month but tackle the wood pile we had delivered. 3 of the 4 cords have been split and stacked. But now we are getting rain for the next week so I hope to tackle inside stuff. My house is a disaster since I've pretty much ignored it since dealing with wood.

I have done nothing for the last month but tackle the wood pile we had delivered. 3 of the 4 cords have been split and stacked. But now we are getting rain for the next week so I hope to tackle inside stuff. My house is a disaster since I've pretty much ignored it since dealing with wood.

First of all....HI!! Miss hearing from you around here!!

Second..... I KNOW THE FEELING! I've spent ever bit of evening/weekend time this summer and fall either working for pay or working around the yard (cutting trees, limbs, brush, mowing, running the chipper, weeding the garden).... and the house has definitely suffered. Just barely keeping up with the basics like laundry, dishes, etc. My kitchen floor is so dirty I think it is starting to resemble a garden!! But like you, we are expecting some rain and I am kind of hoping to have some time Sunday to just work inside! .....................P

First of all....HI!! Miss hearing from you around here!!

Second..... I KNOW THE FEELING! I've spent ever bit of evening/weekend time this summer and fall either working for pay or working around the yard (cutting trees, limbs, brush, mowing, running the chipper, weeding the garden).... and the house has definitely suffered. Just barely keeping up with the basics like laundry, dishes, etc. My kitchen floor is so dirty I think it is starting to resemble a garden!! But like you, we are expecting some rain and I am kind of hoping to have some time Sunday to just work inside! .....................P

Yard work sucked this summer. I had to water all summer our lawn, since my dh fell in June and broke his pelvis. Luckily we have well water, otherwise the lawn would be dead. Our lawn does look terrrible, I think we have to redo it next year.

So bumping up the thread too. I wanted to start getting the basement and garage organized, but my dd and her husband gave me their puppy for the weekend. That is a whole other topic-This puppy is nuts and my dog who is 4 years old, doesn't want anything to do with the puppy. I guess I officially have an old dog. So the weekend is pretty much shot again, unless I let the dogs run around the basement, but my dog hates going down there.

Have to get serious about the purging this weekend! DH and I have started the renovations on our new house and should be in by Thanksgiving, so it's time to start clearing out all those junk drawers! We are moving to a smaller home and definitely do not have the room for extra clutter!

Well my house is still a mess. Between school, sports, sickness, etc we have just not had time to do anything.
I got the last of the wood taken care of, now we have started shifting it into the shed for winter.
I guess the house will wait until it's to cold outside to do anything.

It's our City Wide Cleanup this weekend and we are decluttering like crazy! One van load full and other to go. This is mostly stuff we can't give away: old flower pots, mattresses, building material (scraps) from our renovation and misc. junk.
Last weekend a local bank had free secure shredding so we decluttered files.

My goal for the year: Remove 2015 items from our home. Current count: 1405 :cheer2:
Oh my goodness. Do you miss anything? I sold our dog kennel, and my dd recently got a puppy and she sure could use it. She got one that was too small. But then I thought, she wanted the puppy and I will never get another dog.

Well my house is still a mess. Between school, sports, sickness, etc we have just not had time to do anything.
I got the last of the wood taken care of, now we have started shifting it into the shed for winter.
I guess the house will wait until it's to cold outside to do anything.
When it was winter, I didn't want to go thru items, because it was too cold, and this summer we had a ton of lawn work to do.
I have to get to the basement. The masons came back and did cuts to the cement floor and everything has dust.
I need help getting rid of sentimental items. I keep looking at things and putting it back, because either it belongs to one of my kids, or they made it for me, or gave it to me as a present. I have been looking on pin interest and I think I need shelves built and I have to sort what is important to me and what isn't. Right now, everything is just scattered in boxes, totes, etc. I am seriously not a hoarder-but why is it so difficult to get rid of sentimental items.

One of the blogs I read is having a 31-day organization series and it has gotten me motivated. I gotta go with it while it lasts, you know?

I listed and sold two Halloween costumes on eBay last week. Not big bucks, but a little extra and got them out of my house.

I listed some outgrown hockey jerseys this week. No bids yet, but hoping.

I cleaned out and organized our coat closet. Had a ton of outgrown hats, mittens and snow pants to donate. Looks nice now too :)

Just read about cleaning out clothes closets, want to start on mine, or at least put the summer stuff away for a start. Have a busy weekend coming up, so we'll see if any of that gets done.

Need to have the boys go through stuff in their rooms. A lot of junk piles up. We did get rid of books and board games over the summer, but maybe it's time to take a closer look at what they never wear or use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter