• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2015 dates?

lisakramer

Mouseketeer
Hi guys- just curious when to expect 2015 dates to be released. I'm planning an early December 3 night from port canaveral.

Thanks!

Hi guys- just curious when to expect 2015 dates to be released. I'm planning an early December 3 night from port canaveral.

Thanks!

Hopefully they'll be released about the time you sail in December. Give or take. DCL isn't consistent about when they release their dates.

If the new dates haven't been released before your upcoming cruise, just book a dummy date and plan to move it when the 2015 dates become available.

Some may be released this year, with the rest of them coming out in 2014, possible various dates for different ships. This has been the trend the past couple years.

Does anyone know if its generally cheaper to book a cruise on board or the day when the new cruises are released?

Does anyone know if its generally cheaper to book a cruise on board or the day when the new cruises are released?

It's a combination of the two. Book an OBB when you are onboard, then transfer it to the date you want on opening day.

Cruises are generally at their lower price on opening day. As space fills, the prices go up.

You can book a dummy cruise onboard (if you cruise before the itineraries are released) and move it to the cruise you want when they are released.

If an itinerary has already been released, and you wait to book onboard, you take the chance that the price you are paying is going to be higher than it was on opening day. Keep in mind, booking onboard gets you a 10% discount (plus a 10% deposit, instead of the usual 20%).

It depends entirely on the itinerary and how popular it is. Summer and holiday cruises will almost certainly be cheaper on opening day. We book a dummy cruise onboard and move it on opening day, so we get the cheapest public opening day price (after Golds and Platinums have had their chance) plus the discount and OBC. After our cruise this Jan, we will finally be Gold and get true opening day prices.

Sent from my Tricorder using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter