• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

The campfire starts at 730. Around what time does that end?

We have an ADR at Yachtsman one night at 620 pm. Wondering if we will make the campfire. I know the kids would love it.

Edited

Lots of people who are jealous of our Disney vacations do too! We were at a christening yesterday telling people, and people were amazed that we're about to spend 10 days at CR and BC for only a smidge more than they pay to stay at POR or POFQ...moderates etc.

Ditto...see above. I actually had no problems with the *magical* rate last year at all. We got to stay at BC and GF at incredible rates....only a bit more than S&D or moderates. I'll take that any day! :thumbsup2

I think The Mouse has eyes all over the place!

Curious if these magical offers can only be scored if one is an AP holder? I'm not one....yet. ;) Hopefully in two years we'll be able to make trips more often. Are the "magical offers" ever given out for Oct or Nov months? That's when we generally can get off work to go.

I've never used a TA to book my trips. Was also wondering if one uses a TA can I choose to still make my own dining reservations if I'd like?

TIA I hope that wasn't too many questions, but you all have me extremely curious.

We are staying on the club level at BC next week, arriving on the DME with carry-on bags. Wondering if anyone knows if our bags will be delivered to our room or if we need to take them up to club level check-in... or something else.

1439276422.png

Last edited:
Curious if these magical offers can only be scored if one is an AP holder? I'm not one....yet. ;) Hopefully in two years we'll be able to make trips more often. Are the "magical offers" ever given out for Oct or Nov months? That's when we generally can get off work to go.

I've never used a TA to book my trips. Was also wondering if one uses a TA can I choose to still make my own dining reservations if I'd like?

No connection to AP, whatsoever. You'll need to contact them for a quote; some months offer better deals, than others. You can absolutely make your own dining and FP reservations.

According to rules and regulations here, the name of the agency cannot be mentioned. But, if you need a hint, Google "magical+Disney+agency exclusive," and it will lead you in the right direction.

Last edited:

On arrival day I'm thinking we will spend the afternoon exploring the YC/BC and enjoying SAB. I'm hoping for a casual dinner, and don't want to have to make a reservation so that we will have flexibility in terms of schedule. DH also wants to check out the Boardwalk at some point--is there somewhere over there that yall would suggest? The menu at Hurricane Hanna's looked good, I'm wondering if we should explore Boardwalk before heading out to swim at SAB and then just take a break from swimming and enjoy a burger (and apparently this Sunken Treasure everyone keeps mentioning?) instead?

Big River Grille & Brewing Works is on the Boardwalk - they don't take reservations, so you could walk over at any time....craft beers, burgers, good stuff!

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/boardwalk/big-river-grille-and-brewing-works/menus/

No connection to AP, whatsoever. You'll need to contact them for a quote; some months offer better deals, than others. You can absolutely make your own dining and FP reservations.

According to rules and regulations here, the name of the agency cannot be mentioned. But, if you need a hint, Google "magical+disney+agency exclusive," it will lead you in the right direction.

Thank you!

TIA I hope that wasn't too many questions, but you all have me extremely curious.

I use a TA for booking - and changing!! But I make all my own ADRs and other reservations. (We don't have an AP, but I did contact the "magical" offer people for a quote for next spring - which they said to get back to them in the fall...probably won't work as our 180 dining day would be at the same time...)

I use a TA for booking - and changing!! But I make all my own ADRs and other reservations. (We don't have an AP, but I did contact the "magical" offer people for a quote for next spring - which they said to get back to them in the fall...probably won't work as our 180 dining day would be at the same time...)
Yes, that is a consideration especially with how hard certain months seem to be in getting places you want to eat and the times wanted.

I'll be at YC starting Sept. 25th, I'm getting so very excited!!!

Question about SAB - are there certain times of day when you've experienced it being busier than others? I would think that it would be busiest during the afternoon, when all the pool activities and games and the pool party are happening, and not so busy first thing in the morning when people want to get to the parks. And how about at night? I love night swimming! :-)

I'll be at YC starting Sept. 25th, I'm getting so very excited!!!

Question about SAB - are there certain times of day when you've experienced it being busier than others? I would think that it would be busiest during the afternoon, when all the pool activities and games and the pool party are happening, and not so busy first thing in the morning when people want to get to the parks. And how about at night? I love night swimming! :-)

That's been my experience -- mornings are fairly quiet. Lunch time starts to pick up, then the mid- to late-afternoon is busy. Evenings can vary by day of the week.

We have used that TA and are using them for this trip
We only use them to book the room and tickets. All of the rest (ADRs and FP+) we did ourselves. Easy peasy.

I would love to use Dreams Unlimited (this sites owners) but the rate was too good to pass up

We love the Lobster Rolls at Boardwalk Bakery!!! Also, the Crews Cup Lounge in YC gets good reviews.

We tried Crews Cup in July. It was good. We would go back again if we were looking for a quick bite that was at the hotel and we didn't want to make a reservation. We liked the Boardwalk Bakery for muffins and cupcakes. Haven't tried anything else yet but our next stay isn't Club level so we may have to do more sampling!

Can not add on anything (Dinning package, for example, free or otherwise) no ticket changes once at Disney (so no adding PH day of arrival). So yes, a few strings.
Do you know if you can upgrade to an AP once there if on this deal??

I believe there is no upgrading of the ticket at all. You can't even add an extra day once there. So I would say no but I'm not completely sure.
Thanks. That's a bummer, since I was actually contemplating this on my next trip, but still won't stop me from using them :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter