• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2015 AP Discount

khmiller

Mouseketeer
any rumors or news about this?
We are trying to decide if we should purchase now or wait until January.

Unfortunately DVC prior special AP offers have never been "leaked" before they were officially announced. Nothing so far beyond the usual DVC AP discount.

I think the question is if any discount will be offered.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3351167

My grocery store is offering double fuel perks this week, I plan to buy a $500 gift certificate and go ahead and buy the DVC AP. I probably will not be going to WDW until next fall but I want to get it before any price increase. The last increase was February, so they will likely be going up in any case. The past DVC specials were PAP's, which I don't need because we don't do water parks.

My grocery store is offering double fuel perks this week, I plan to buy a $500 gift certificate and go ahead and buy the DVC AP.
is their a deadline that you have to activate the pass by? I still have the dvc pap that was offered earlier this year expiring In May but local giant eagle has a good fuel perks deal going on till mid December.

is their a deadline that you have to activate the pass by? I still have the dvc pap that was offered earlier this year expiring In May but local giant eagle has a good fuel perks deal going on till mid December.

As long as it is a new (not renewal ) pass and it isnt part of a special promotion such as the $399 deal they dont expire, you would get a voucher and then activate it when you need to.

If I buy the AP voucher in March, for activation in May, will I be able to make FP+ reservations with the voucher?

Yes the voucher will have a number and you link it to your MDE account using the number.

Thanks Tozzie. One more question for clarification - what will be the date for renewal...March (when I bought the voucher) or May (when we first use the passes)?

Thanks Tozzie. One more question for clarification - what will be the date for renewal...March (when I bought the voucher) or May (when we first use the passes)?

The renewal window starts at 60 days prior and runs until 30 days after the expiration date of your existing pass.

A renewal is continuous, the new one will start on the expiration date of the old one.

Thank you for the responses. I don't think I was very clear in my question...if I wait until May to trade in my vouchers for hard AP tickets, does that make my renewal date in May when I first used them? Does that make sense?

Thank you for the responses. I don't think I was very clear in my question...if I wait until May to trade in my vouchers for hard AP tickets, does that make my renewal date in May when I first used them? Does that make sense?

Your year should run from May, 2015 to May 2016, based on date of first use. Sometimes it gets coded wrong, so double check during you first visit. -- Suzanne

Your year starts on the day you exchange your voucher for the actual pass. You hand in a voucher and are given an activated pass in return that you can then use to enter a park. The countdown starts that day even if you do not enter a park.

The expiration date will be the day you make the exchange plus one year. For example if you picked up the pass on May 15, 2015 your AP would be good through the end of the day on May 15, 2016.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter