2015 Amazing-can-do-Attitude April WISH challenge! ALL welcome!

Pam, one suggestion for using up your points that I thought of: Eat some oil as a supplement! I am doing this currently. My pharmacist told me to take my vitamin D pills together with some oil and suggested linseed oil. I got a small bottle of organic linseed oil (it is not cheap) and take one teaspoon of it together with my pill every evening. On the bottle they suggest to take one to two tablespoons every day and that made me think of you. It can't be heated and needs to be refrigerated once the bottle is open as it is very easily spoiled. But supposedly it is extremely good for you. They suggest to add the oil to a yoghurt or your muesli or so. But you could easily just see it as medicine and swallow one tablespoon of it every day. And there are 3 points for you!!

Alternatively: when you eat your veggies, just pour one or two teaspoons of EVO over it. It should add some nice taste.

I know we talked about that before, but I find that the 2 points on good fats every day rule that WW has is absolutely vital for me to be able to loose weight! And you said that that is something you struggle with. If you are trying to find ways to eat more points, that should be your chance!

---

I am happy to report that I did extremely well today (so far at least). I got up early and did my Jilian Michael DVD before work. While that caused me to eat breakfast at work at my desk, I had a bowl of pre-made steelcut oats with frozen blueberries (they were defrosted by the time I arrived at work). I also brought a healthy lunch to work and a healthy dinner to eat on the train. Currently I am on the train and since there won't be any kitchen with food in my hotel room, I am quite confident that I will be fine for the rest of the day. Next challenge: breakfast buffet tomorrow morning!!

the weather is so gorgeous, I'm off to buy flowers to pot!

my WO with my friend's trainer this morning was..well...BRUTUAL! LOL we did mostly arms, so at least i'll be able to walk tomorrow. I had to stop and take a regularly scheduled dose of meds during the WO, and I kid you not, my arms trembled when I tried to lift my up to my mouth and I didn't know if I was going to get it in there! oh my!! he pushed us, it was a great WO. I'm ready for a nap!

so for mini-challenge --- lets do it! starting Monday, giving everyone time to see this post, to grocery shop, etc...10 days of faithful food journaling :yay::yay::yay: everyday might not be perfect, but you gotta record EVERY BITE! I did this back in January and it really helped me over the hump and into the zone...... c'mon join me!

plus we have NO (and I mean NO) fast food or real restaurants here in my town

That;s my problem. Living in a big city we have everything at our disposal! I'm going to work this weekend at my girls crop and spend some time meal planning.

10 days of faithful food journaling :yay::yay::yay:

I'm game. I know journaling helps. If I have to write it down I'm less likely to eat it!

Well I'm down .6 but I haven;t worked out at all and only been really focused this week about half of it so I guess I can't complain. I've done better saying no to extras. I'm going to try and do some walking on my treadmill but's going to be slow w/ my leg pain. DH wants to order pizza and watch the hockey game so I'll have that temptation.

Here's to willpower!!!

So I've had a very good week so far eating/exercising, I only had two slip ups (slicecream cake and <1 serving of chips) and managed to get in some exercise every day! It's been a while since I've been consistent with a week. Sadly, I am only down about 0.5lb from my average maintenance number...was hoping to be at the lower end by this time in the month. Oh well.

Anybody have any good vegetarian recipes that are high protein? Eggs and dairy are good, fish is a no go. I've been doing okay by supplementing with whey protein, but I'm still usually a smidge low. Due to my weight lifting, I try to aim for 0.8g protein per lb body mass- which seems to be the accepted amount of protein that's "useful" for rebuilding muscle- and takes me to around 108g a day. I usually get around 100-105g.

Exercise-wise, I had a pretty diverse week. I had a great week of lifts, and I think they finally fixed the gravity in the gym because I was able to PR my squats and OHP that I've been plateauing at for a while. My work's running club was yesterday, still sore from that even though it was only 1 min run/1 min walk. Also had two boxing sessions with my trainer. Today's didn't go great, I'm really not a morning exerciser and he had me in at nine. I'm already a huge whiner when I'm at the gym, but I think I might have been worse than usual today. Bless my trainer, he puts up with so much from me.

Good luck on your challenge, guys! I'll be with you with food prep for the next couple days, but Wednesday is Disney! and I won't be logging that. ;) Will be too busy stuffing my face.

I am just now working on my shopping list. I get 2-3 meals from the slow cooker because we are a family of two. Although, my son is an athletic 17 yo and he can eat.

OhMom, looking forward to the challenge.

Pjilla-you are always encouraging.

DisFam95 - willpower all the way!

Trith - enjoy your Disney trip!

I need about 900 more steps to make my goal so I am off for a walk to close it out.

Well I didn't get my job. 12 years of waiting for it and it was handed to my co-worker. My store director said he thought it would be too much for me because although I'm not in depression mode anymore-- (I had been called into the office several times in the las few years because they heard I was suicidal and they were genuinely concerned), I am just recently off my meds. If I were stepping in to the job in a normal situation it would have been fine but with a whole new grocery store and everything new and different I kind of agreed with him after the initial shock. What he wants me to do is sort of co- manage with my co worker but he gets the title. He wants to be a meat cutter anyway and the only reason why they didn't hire him was because he never got the training- so they're wanting him to cut meat too and having the block manager under his belt will help him get a job as a meat cutter eventually. My store directer said 6 months to a year tops and then I'll be the block manager. I set back at home and thought-- well this is my rock bottom-- and I'm going to stop drinking. In the last year I've gone from 8 oz of hard liquor a night to 4. Then the last few months 2. When I think about it now it's crazy-- 8 ounces is a whole glass... I was doing this so I could pretend I was with someone else every night and that was the only thing keeping me alive then. (this someone else was Reason for the depression)
At some point I decided I was never going to have the guts to do actually off myself so I better bring myself out of it and I did. It was hard. You know-- really hard and I fought tooth and nail to climb out of the hole, but I did hang on to this illusion for myself and the alcohol. I never drank before this and was leery because my family is full of alcoholics. There were a lot of nights I couldn't remember what happened, some I lost my temper (understatement). I didn't think it affected my job but it may have. I don't know-- work was my last thing I had I was proud of, that I did good. Then last week I found out one of my cousins at 42 died basically from drinking himself to death. That was another wake up call.
I've been wanting to quit altogether for awhile but didn't want to do it at the same time I was getting off antidepressants I'm doing really well with that though so Im ready.
Dealing with the humiliation of being passed over has been torture for me the last week--add in alcohol withdrawal and I've been a mess. The plus side is I really love my co worker and everyone in my dept. now is awesome-- we'll be a great team! My meat mgr.retired -- she was really ocd and very christian and we'll just say she really didn't approve of me, just in general as a person, kind of enjoyed making my life hell. My boss also retired at 64 and she never did a lot of work-- I was constantly making up for her lack. I was trying to do stuff at night she should have done during the day and when I would open it would be after 2 days off--I'd have so much to do I would just pick the worst place in the case to start working and dig out--neglecting things I could have fixed quickly but keeping them a mess would motivate me to go faster--this is something that didn't impress the managers of course, would make me look bad and that won't be happening anymore.
My new store is amazing! Right up my alley, their emphasis is on fresh and northwest, local stuff, and they are really nice and laid back. I have a feeling Albertsons might have put a moratorium on me as far as moving me up--with all the depression stuff plus I had major issues with my last store director (he was nasty-yelled at people, changed the schedule without telling anyone, said the entire deli was stupid etc.) As a steward I got to know his dirty more than most. and I was pretty out there with my dislike of him. But my new store, (which I became an employee for on my birthday :-)-)) is going to be fine. On the plus side I lost another couple pounds lol. I'm going to be spending as much time as I can to work out and sauna detox, that's the plan---I'm working too much to start AA--was looking at it it 6 meetings a week or something like that to start, plus I'm an atheist so I don't think I'd be comfortable in the setting. I've read up on what to expect and have cut down quite a bit in the last few months so I think I can go it alone. I quit meth 26 years ago on a dime when I got pregnant ( I had actually quit before that for her Dad who promptly knocked me up lol) And never looked back so I know I can do this.
Anyways sorry for the book but I need to be on this board and I needed to explain this as well as I could honestly so I can post here still.
That was enough for me to hear! If I can limit my calories to between 7:30 am and 7:30 pm, I do!! It doesn't always work out practically.... especially on evenings when I work and don't get home for dinner until 8pm. On those days I try to push off my breakfast until at least 8am, but if I am working during the day also, that isn't always possible. And honestly, it has shown that it works by my results on the scale when I am SUPER vigilant in avoiding the late evening snacking.... even if I am still eating my full day's PPV!

This was a major issue for me with dieting--when I drank I would eat and lose control and eat more than I wanted--all at very late hours.

Hey all! Happy Friday! Sorry I didn't make it on this morning, but I awoke to no electricity. Apparently a morning accident took out a pole.... so I did my hair the best I could and put on my make-up with a flashlight! Surprised I didn't end up looking like a clown!
Good lord-- I wouldn't even try lol. It would be a pony tail and one layer of bb cream. That is creative-- a flashlight lol.

my WO with my friend's trainer this morning was..well...BRUTUAL! LOL we did mostly arms, so at least i'll be able to walk tomorrow. I had to stop and take a regularly scheduled dose of meds during the WO, and I kid you not, my arms trembled when I tried to lift my up to my mouth and I didn't know if I was going to get it in there! oh my!! he pushed us, it was a great WO. I'm ready for a nap!

so for mini-challenge --- lets do it! starting Monday, giving everyone time to see this post, to grocery shop, etc...10 days of faithful food journaling :yay::yay::yay: everyday might not be perfect, but you gotta record EVERY BITE! I did this back in January and it really helped me over the hump and into the zone...... c'mon join me!

So how're those arms doing today? ;)

----

So I spent about two hours on food prep today.

aa3fa244-85ac-46af-b055-e269521216ca.jpg

And this is what I ended up with. The soup up top is sweet potato/coconut/lentil, and is now in the freezer so we have something to eat after we get back from vacation. Next row is pasta with lentils, cheese and veggies (extra serving for BF, we live together but cook separately as he hates leftovers and I do stuff like this). One row lower is lunches for the next couple days, egg muffins with peas and sweet potato. Extra muffins going to my parents house. Right side is vanilla proats with applesauce. And then raspberries/green beans for work and cucumber slices to snack on. Lots of dishes washed and now I'm out of tupperware, but no more cooking for me this week. =)

Might take a short nap before going to the gym and then I have to start packing for BF and I.

Wow...50sjayne, you are a strong person! Keep your positive attitude and you can get through the latest trial throw your way.

Pam, one suggestion for using up your points that I thought of: Eat some oil as a supplement! I am doing this currently. My pharmacist told me to take my vitamin D pills together with some oil and suggested linseed oil. I got a small bottle of organic linseed oil (it is not cheap) and take one teaspoon of it together with my pill every evening. On the bottle they suggest to take one to two tablespoons every day and that made me think of you. It can't be heated and needs to be refrigerated once the bottle is open as it is very easily spoiled. But supposedly it is extremely good for you. They suggest to add the oil to a yoghurt or your muesli or so. But you could easily just see it as medicine and swallow one tablespoon of it every day. And there are 3 points for you!!

Alternatively: when you eat your veggies, just pour one or two teaspoons of EVO over it. It should add some nice taste.

I know we talked about that before, but I find that the 2 points on good fats every day rule that WW has is absolutely vital for me to be able to loose weight! And you said that that is something you struggle with. If you are trying to find ways to eat more points, that should be your chance!

You are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!! I am absolutely TERRIBLE at getting my healthy fats.... I'm rather fat phobic! The ONLY time I intentionally add fat is if I add salad dressing (which is usually low-fat any how), toasted sesame oil (usually if I am doing some Asian style cooking) or avocado!! I NEVER, EVER eat real eggs/egg yolks, coffee cream, full-fat cheese or ice cream (or any kind of full-fat dairy), full-fat salad dressings, or EVOO (unless I use a bit in my cooking). What a GREAT SUGGESTION! I am going to work HARD this week at incorporating some legit healthy fats and see if it helps!! THANK YOU!!

---

I am happy to report that I did extremely well today (so far at least). I got up early and did my Jilian Michael DVD before work. While that caused me to eat breakfast at work at my desk, I had a bowl of pre-made steelcut oats with frozen blueberries (they were defrosted by the time I arrived at work). I also brought a healthy lunch to work and a healthy dinner to eat on the train. Currently I am on the train and since there won't be any kitchen with food in my hotel room, I am quite confident that I will be fine for the rest of the day. Next challenge: breakfast buffet tomorrow morning!!

You are back on track and on a roll! Make a mental PLAN on how to tackle the breakfast buffet and you should be all set!!

I am SO UP for the 10 day journaling challenge!! I may even try to post my journal here at the end of every day (time allowing, of course) to help keep me honest!

That;s my problem. Living in a big city we have everything at our disposal! I'm going to work this weekend at my girls crop and spend some time meal planning.

I'm game. I know journaling helps. If I have to write it down I'm less likely to eat it!

Well I'm down .6 but I haven;t worked out at all and only been really focused this week about half of it so I guess I can't complain. I've done better saying no to extras. I'm going to try and do some walking on my treadmill but's going to be slow w/ my leg pain. DH wants to order pizza and watch the hockey game so I'll have that temptation.

Here's to willpower!!!

Good for you for getting on the TM, despite the pain.... but take care of yourself!

So I've had a very good week so far eating/exercising, I only had two slip ups (slicecream cake and <1 serving of chips) and managed to get in some exercise every day! It's been a while since I've been consistent with a week. Sadly, I am only down about 0.5lb from my average maintenance number...was hoping to be at the lower end by this time in the month. Oh well.

Anybody have any good vegetarian recipes that are high protein? Eggs and dairy are good, fish is a no go. I've been doing okay by supplementing with whey protein, but I'm still usually a smidge low. Due to my weight lifting, I try to aim for 0.8g protein per lb body mass- which seems to be the accepted amount of protein that's "useful" for rebuilding muscle- and takes me to around 108g a day. I usually get around 100-105g.

What are you currently eating for vegetarian protein? I hate to suggest the obvious, but lentils and beans are GREAT sources of protein!

Exercise-wise, I had a pretty diverse week. I had a great week of lifts, and I think they finally fixed the gravity in the gym because I was able to PR my squats and OHP that I've been plateauing at for a while. My work's running club was yesterday, still sore from that even though it was only 1 min run/1 min walk. Also had two boxing sessions with my trainer. Today's didn't go great, I'm really not a morning exerciser and he had me in at nine. I'm already a huge whiner when I'm at the gym, but I think I might have been worse than usual today. Bless my trainer, he puts up with so much from me.

Good luck on your challenge, guys! I'll be with you with food prep for the next couple days, but Wednesday is Disney! and I won't be logging that. ;) Will be too busy stuffing my face.

Enjoy your Mickey time!!

I am just now working on my shopping list. I get 2-3 meals from the slow cooker because we are a family of two. Although, my son is an athletic 17 yo and he can eat.

OhMom, looking forward to the challenge.

Pjilla-you are always encouraging.

Awww... thanks!

DisFam95 - willpower all the way!

Trith - enjoy your Disney trip!

I need about 900 more steps to make my goal so I am off for a walk to close it out.

Hope you got them all in!

Well I didn't get my job. 12 years of waiting for it and it was handed to my co-worker. My store director said he thought it would be too much for me because although I'm not in depression mode anymore-- (I had been called into the office several times in the las few years because they heard I was suicidal and they were genuinely concerned), I am just recently off my meds. If I were stepping in to the job in a normal situation it would have been fine but with a whole new grocery store and everything new and different I kind of agreed with him after the initial shock. What he wants me to do is sort of co- manage with my co worker but he gets the title. He wants to be a meat cutter anyway and the only reason why they didn't hire him was because he never got the training- so they're wanting him to cut meat too and having the block manager under his belt will help him get a job as a meat cutter eventually. My store directer said 6 months to a year tops and then I'll be the block manager. I set back at home and thought-- well this is my rock bottom-- and I'm going to stop drinking. In the last year I've gone from 8 oz of hard liquor a night to 4. Then the last few months 2. When I think about it now it's crazy-- 8 ounces is a whole glass... I was doing this so I could pretend I was with someone else every night and that was the only thing keeping me alive then. (this someone else was Reason for the depression)
At some point I decided I was never going to have the guts to do actually off myself so I better bring myself out of it and I did. It was hard. You know-- really hard and I fought tooth and nail to climb out of the hole, but I did hang on to this illusion for myself and the alcohol. I never drank before this and was leery because my family is full of alcoholics. There were a lot of nights I couldn't remember what happened, some I lost my temper (understatement). I didn't think it affected my job but it may have. I don't know-- work was my last thing I had I was proud of, that I did good. Then last week I found out one of my cousins at 42 died basically from drinking himself to death. That was another wake up call.
I've been wanting to quit altogether for awhile but didn't want to do it at the same time I was getting off antidepressants I'm doing really well with that though so Im ready.
Dealing with the humiliation of being passed over has been torture for me the last week--add in alcohol withdrawal and I've been a mess. The plus side is I really love my co worker and everyone in my dept. now is awesome-- we'll be a great team! My meat mgr.retired -- she was really ocd and very christian and we'll just say she really didn't approve of me, just in general as a person, kind of enjoyed making my life hell. My boss also retired at 64 and she never did a lot of work-- I was constantly making up for her lack. I was trying to do stuff at night she should have done during the day and when I would open it would be after 2 days off--I'd have so much to do I would just pick the worst place in the case to start working and dig out--neglecting things I could have fixed quickly but keeping them a mess would motivate me to go faster--this is something that didn't impress the managers of course, would make me look bad and that won't be happening anymore.
My new store is amazing! Right up my alley, their emphasis is on fresh and northwest, local stuff, and they are really nice and laid back. I have a feeling Albertsons might have put a moratorium on me as far as moving me up--with all the depression stuff plus I had major issues with my last store director (he was nasty-yelled at people, changed the schedule without telling anyone, said the entire deli was stupid etc.) As a steward I got to know his dirty more than most. and I was pretty out there with my dislike of him. But my new store, (which I became an employee for on my birthday :-)-)) is going to be fine. On the plus side I lost another couple pounds lol. I'm going to be spending as much time as I can to work out and sauna detox, that's the plan---I'm working too much to start AA--was looking at it it 6 meetings a week or something like that to start, plus I'm an atheist so I don't think I'd be comfortable in the setting. I've read up on what to expect and have cut down quite a bit in the last few months so I think I can go it alone. I quit meth 26 years ago on a dime when I got pregnant ( I had actually quit before that for her Dad who promptly knocked me up lol) And never looked back so I know I can do this.
Anyways sorry for the book but I need to be on this board and I needed to explain this as well as I could honestly so I can post here still.

This was a major issue for me with dieting--when I drank I would eat and lose control and eat more than I wanted--all at very late hours.

Good lord-- I wouldn't even try lol. It would be a pony tail and one layer of bb cream. That is creative-- a flashlight lol.

Hugs to you... I know you've shared bits and pieces and other parts of your story over the years.....but I"m always so impressed at how much control you've gotten over your life after things went downhill many, many times. You are a FORCE to be reconned with! If you can take back your life after all of those setbacks, you can definitely tackle a few unwanted pounds and win!!

So how're those arms doing today? ;)

----

And this is what I ended up with. The soup up top is sweet potato/coconut/lentil, and is now in the freezer so we have something to eat after we get back from vacation. Next row is pasta with lentils, cheese and veggies (extra serving for BF, we live together but cook separately as he hates leftovers and I do stuff like this). One row lower is lunches for the next couple days, egg muffins with peas and sweet potato. Extra muffins going to my parents house. Right side is vanilla proats with applesauce. And then raspberries/green beans for work and cucumber slices to snack on. Lots of dishes washed and now I'm out of tupperware, but no more cooking for me this week. =)

Might take a short nap before going to the gym and then I have to start packing for BF and I.

That all looks great... like a Pinterest picture!! Good job!!

Just sat down to chat and now I"ve gotta dash to pick up DS! Hope you all had a great Saturday! See you tomorrow!>...................P

Hi everyone its been a few weeks. :guilty:

I have not been good at keeping up with any groups/forums anywhere. LOL I've been doing okay though. Working very part time still. Finally am getting at least a day off each week which helps. I had some hours cut though. :( And after some payroll issues with them shorting me hours its finally been okay if they ever get the one week caught up fully. They got it to me two weeks ago but it was still 8 hours short. argh.

I had a follow up appointment with my new NP to go over my labs from earlier in the month. Everything was improved which is great. My Triglycerides dropped from 299 in March 2014 to 173 this month. WOOHOO getting closer to normal again. My A1C was at the top of the normal range, Yay, it was at 5.6 down from 6.1 last March(2014). So I guess the increase on Metformin to twice a day has really helped in some ways. My fasting glucose was 100 on the labs but I never see it much different it ranges from 104 to 130 in mornings. Depending on when I ate last and what. It was all good there. My normal mildly low iron levels however were increased a bit more than they usually are and I got an iron injection and am taking supplement daily and doing labs in July again to see where its at. She may want to refer me to hematologist after that she says and/or do iron infusions. My weight has not changed I'm maintaining a 5 lb range depending on my cycle so I need to change some more routines and get going at the gym. I might go check that out tomorrow at Planet Fitness.

I will see if I can join in for the remainder of April to get on track with some exercise again.

Last edited:
Hi everyone its been a few weeks. :guilty:

I have not been good at keeping up with any groups/forums anywhere. LOL I've been doing okay though. Working very part time still. Finally am getting at least a day off each week which helps. I had some hours cut though. :( And after some payroll issues with them shorting me hours its finally been okay if they ever get the one week caught up fully. They got it to me two weeks ago but it was still 8 hours short. argh.

I had a follow up appointment with my new NP to go over my labs from earlier in the month. Everything was improved which is great. My Triglycerides dropped from 299 in March 2014 to 173 this month. WOOHOO getting closer to normal again. My A1C was at the top of the normal range, Yay, it was at 5.6 down from 6.1 last March(2014). So I guess the increase on Metformin to twice a day has really helped in some ways. My fasting glucose was 100 on the labs but I never see it much different it ranges from 104 to 130 in mornings. Depending on when I ate last and what. It was all good there. My normal mildly low iron levels however were increased a bit more than they usually are and I got an iron injection and am taking supplement daily and doing labs in July again to see where its at. She may want to refer me to hematologist after that she says and/or do iron infusions. My weight has not changed I'm maintaining a 5 lb range depending on my cycle so I need to change some more routines and get going at the gym. I might go check that out tomorrow at Planet Fitness.

I will see if I can join in for the remainder of April to get on track with some exercise again.

So glad to see you back!! And happy to hear that your labs were improved!! That is terrific!

Hey all! How's everyone's Sunday morning going?? I'm up and moving.... three loads of laundry washed and on the clothesline, breakfast for the three of us made, eaten, and cleaned up, three toilets scrubbed (ewwwww), dishwasher is running and I found two new recipes to try this week. Now to decide what to do with the rest of my day.... should I do what I want (scrapbooking) or be responsible and finish the raking? Or maybe a little of each? Plus I have to do some baking because I promised to send a goodie to DD for a "pot luck" she is going to this week! So I see some banana bread in my future! :)

Had my "splurge" day yesterday and my belly is absolutely hating me! Real pizza?? Really? And even a bit of cookie dough?? I had the calories/PPV but my belly still isn't happy with me.... good reason to hop right back OP this morning!! And I am ready to ROCK a 10 day tracking challenge! I might even decorate a few of my journal pages to make it more "fun" to journal each day!

Okay... off to rake two flowerbeds before lunch so that I can scrap later without guilt!................P

It looks like I will have to wait on Planet Fitness. I'm tempted to wait until end of July and join LA Fitness and get my daughter in too. They let you join at 12. Planet Fitness is 13. LA fitness is a tad more but has an indoor pool at the closest location.

I got myself a new scale on clearance at Target today, finally, though so I can stop forgetting to weigh in. It will be there on the floor to remind me. LOL Weighing in should help motivate me to get in more walking. I may get a bike later next month to go riding with my daughter. Hers will need upgrading soon. She's got the same one her grandpa bought her when she was 5.

zoesmama03 :welcome: back!! i'll add your name to the list, hope you had a chance to read the first post and how we are approaching to WI or not WI this month

I'm not even sure I reported on my WI, I wasn't home Friday so I did it Saturday morning and it was AWFUL. I was up 5 lbs! What?! I know that I did not eat 5 lbs ths week, it's gotta be fluctuation and meds..but the number was horrible. so I'm so glad that there are some joiners for the 10 day mini-challenge of faithful food journaling starting TOMORROW!!
fitness+and+nutrition+-.jpg

Please correct me if I'm wrong... I have participating :

DisFam95
ohMom
JoshMom5
Pjlla
Flossblona
Pixiegirl131415

?? am I missing anyone!?

50jayne my biggest :hug: and cyber high five for putting it out there, I'm sure that is not easy. we are here for you! I'm so sorry you didn't get the job, but so proud of you for turning this event into something that will make your life more positive and healthy. I'm in awe of your strength

Trith -- WDW on WED! woo hooo!!!!

crap, I didn't multi-quote and can't see the old posts in the new forum format and forget the rest of my responses I wanted to type!

my arms were a bit sore today ;0) but not terrible, we did a lot of yard work Saturday which for me was planting my flower baskets and some clean-up in the beds. I didn't get a formal WO in this weekend but I did get my steps in with long walks with the dog

Last edited:
It looks like I will have to wait on Planet Fitness. I'm tempted to wait until end of July and join LA Fitness and get my daughter in too. They let you join at 12. Planet Fitness is 13. LA fitness is a tad more but has an indoor pool at the closest location.

I got myself a new scale on clearance at Target today, finally, though so I can stop forgetting to weigh in. It will be there on the floor to remind me. LOL Weighing in should help motivate me to get in more walking. I may get a bike later next month to go riding with my daughter. Hers will need upgrading soon. She's got the same one her grandpa bought her when she was 5.

It may be worth waiting so that you can join a gym with your DD! Perhaps the two of you could find something to do together until then??? How about a walking challenge or something like that??
zoesmama03 :welcome: back!! i'll add your name to the list, hope you had a chance to read the first post and how we are approaching to WI or not WI this month

I'm not even sure I reported on my WI, I wasn't home Friday so I did it Saturday morning and it was AWFUL. I was up 5 lbs! What?! I know that I did not eat 5 lbs ths week, it's gotta be fluctuation and meds..but the number was horrible. so I'm so glad that there are some joiners for the 10 day mini-challenge of faithful food journaling starting TOMORROW!!

You are RIGHT.... it would be hard to gain 5 lb in one week without doing a lot of really off track eating (like you might on a vacation). Chalk it up to the meds and water weight and move on!

fitness+and+nutrition+-.jpg

Please correct me if I'm wrong... I have participating :

DisFam95
ohMom
JoshMom5
Pjlla

Yup, I'm in!!

crap, I didn't multi-quote and can't see the old posts in the new forum format and forget the rest of my responses I wanted to type!

my arms were a bit sore today ;0) but not terrible, we did a lot of yard work Saturday which for me was planting my flower baskets and some clean-up in the beds. I didn't get a formal WO in this weekend but I did get my steps in with long walks with the dog

I also counted my yard work as my WO this weekend.... my arms and hands were actually shaking after spending a few hours pulling up vines (briars and bittersweet.... YUCK!).... plus weeding and raking. Scratched up my shins (I was wearing old yoga pants), broke two nails and despite some scrubbing I STILL have dirt under my nails.... not that I love that, but it feels like SPRING! How nice that you planted flowers! What did you put out?

Morning all and HAPPY MONDAY! I'm excited for our 10 day food journaling challenge! Wish a few more of you would join us!!

I am NOT working today! And rain is predicted all day..... so I am glad I did so much yard work yesterday AND got 3 loads of wash dried in the sun.... makes me feel a lot less guilty when I spend the day at my scrapbook table today! WOOHOO!

I'll be back later to chat .............................P

:hug:

Don't worry about writing long posts!! If you need to write it because it is good for you, then go for it! I am really sorry to hear that you are struggling so much! If AA is not an option as it is too religious for you, you might search for other self help groups in your area. I would think that there are different options around! I wish you a lot of strength to improve and hopefully you will get the promotion that you want!!

This looks great!! I love your picture, it is really inspiring!

You are ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!! I am absolutely TERRIBLE at getting my healthy fats.... I'm rather fat phobic! The ONLY time I intentionally add fat is if I add salad dressing (which is usually low-fat any how), toasted sesame oil (usually if I am doing some Asian style cooking) or avocado!! I NEVER, EVER eat real eggs/egg yolks, coffee cream, full-fat cheese or ice cream (or any kind of full-fat dairy), full-fat salad dressings, or EVOO (unless I use a bit in my cooking). What a GREAT SUGGESTION! I am going to work HARD this week at incorporating some legit healthy fats and see if it helps!! THANK YOU!!

I am happy that I could give you some ideas!

I think my one criticism of the WW program is that it leads too much to fat phobia just like yours. I feel that with the current point system it has become a bit better, but the previous system very much taught you to avoid all fat at all cost. Good luck on adding healthy fats to your diet!

Hi everyone its been a few weeks.

Hi there! Great to see you back!!

?? am I missing anyone!?

Yes, me!!! :banana:

----

The weekend went ok-ish. I did pretty well with the breakfast buffet even though it was hard. The eating for the rest of the day was not too great. I think I used up all my weekly points, but tracking when you are away is always difficult, as I never know what is in the different dishes.

I am in for the 10 day tracking challenged. Tracked breakfast and lunch already. Now I only have 5 points left! :scared1: Somehow the tuna I had for lunch had far more points than I thought. Amazingly fresh tuna has more points than canned tuna. Strange! Still, I am happy that I had tuna as I need to eat more fish! Still trying to make sure to get my iodine levels up.

On iodine: I recently checked for foods which have lots of iodine and one that came up was liver! :eek: Not planning to eat liver on a regular basis now, but I found it interesting as I once read that when WW started it was far more strict and one of the rules was to eat liver once a week! :scared1: Not sure that that would have worked for me. But I am thinking that this was a smart way to ensure that people get enough iodine to help the thyroid along! :thumbsup2 I am still fascinated by all the things I have recently learned about how hormones affect weight loss.

Pamela - you got a lot done in your yard!! I planted my hanging baskets and some pots, all things that can be brought inside as my weather is not completely out of the frost-danger times yet. we will be having a graduation party on June 7, so I wanted to get some flowers in as soon as I could. a couple weeks ago I did a class on hanging baskets at the nursery whose baskets I admire but refuse to spend the outrageous cost for. She taught me to cut back the flower in the 4' container that I bought it in (about even with the diameter of the container) than plant in odd numbers, 2-3 different flower types (i.e. the 14 inch basket we did had one center flower, then six around them alternating two different types), plant them tightly b/c since they are cut back, now they will grow together. so that's what I did. I took a bunch of just planted pics and will compare with in the summer as they've grown, how I did and if I like what I did. I also took a class there last sat. on succulents, so I potted 4 pots of succulents for my front porch and started two fairy garden pots . I have to break up my yard work into shorter sessions, but I spent 4 hours outside last Saturday which was about 90 mins too long. my back was really achey in pilates today. but it's colder and windy and rainy this week, so I'm glad for what I've got done! my DH shoveled and relocated one ton of gravel around our new shed! whew!

I used to be in the fat-phobia club too, but over the years I've stopped buying as much RF/FF products in my quest to eat less chemicals. so I buy the full-fledge items and use small portions and not everyday. like mayo, I love mayo, so I only really eat it couple times a month. but it's the real stuff. I am not 100%, don't know if I could even give up butter spray! LOL, but I haven't bought margarine in probably 12 years!

Magdalene -- so sorry I omitted you on my list, you are on there now and fully committed!! I actually thought you had said you were going to join, but then I couldn't find the post and I didn't want to put you on the list without seeing it. I'm glad you are!! hormones and weight have a love/hate relationship I believe! I cannot eat liver...oh ick...my DH is so neglected b/c he likes it and I won't even cook it for him. it's ok, he's very spoiled otherwise

zoesmama -- I forgot to give you a cyber high five for great labs!!!

well I've hit the late afternoon wall, I'm getting hungry but if I eat a snack than I won't want to eat dinner, nor will I have many calories for it. it's too early to eat dinner. I'm brewing some iced tea, I hope that does the trick. I should take Piper around the block..that would be a good idea, I only need 500 more steps but that would seal the deal and she'd get a walk. ok, you talked me into it....

I am doing well on my tracking today. It is amazing the difference of what you eat when you take the time to write it down. Thanks for suggesting this challenge.

Hey all.... I've done well with my tracking today and even decorated my tracker all pretty and took pictures of my breakfast, lunch, and snacks..... but I am just too tired to share pictures right now. I busted my behind for about 8 hours sorting and purging from my scrapping area and just barely stopped a few minutes ago! I am absolutely wiped out! Veggie burgers for dinner are cooking.... just need to find the energy to eat them! Thankfully the men are out at robotics tonight, so their dinner was made and packed up in thermoses earlier today.

Double jobs tomorrow, so I probably won't be on much, other than a quick hello in the morning!...................P

I forgot to answer myself on the Fun Friday quiz -- I got classic Mickey and friends too!

Morning all! Well.... I'm here at work and subbing for the computer teacher, so at least I have internet access today! I took a lovely picture of my breakfast, lunch, snacks, and drinks all packed up for the day. Maybe I'll figure out a way to share it from my phone later.

Work days are easy for me to track because I only eat what I pack.... so I can track it before I walk out the door in the morning.

I forgot to say that after my Saturday weigh-in, I am down a bit over 50% of my April goal!! Kind of excited about that, even though I really thought I'd hit the goal by now.

Hope you all have a TERRIFIC TUESDAY!! I'll be back later to chat...............P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter