2014 vacation packages

linze

Earning My Ears
Anybody know when packages will be released? I've heard June, July, or August. I'm a little excited about booking :)

Typically, they're released either the end of July or the beginning of August (I THINK it's actually more August than July, but I'm hedging...although, with this text here, that pretty much negates my hedging...hm..)

Typically, they're released either the end of July or the beginning of August (I THINK it's actually more August than July, but I'm hedging...although, with this text here, that pretty much negates my hedging...hm..)

Hey Allan! Good to cross paths with you again!

OP, I know in the past, the rates normally came out in August. But, last year, they came out earlier. I just looked at my reservation from our 2013 trip and it looks like I booked on July 11th. I'm usually Johnny On The Spot when the rates come out and I book within a day or two of the rate release.

I am anxiously waiting for the 2014 rates as well. I CAN'T WAIT to book my DD 5th birthday trip. Last I was there was in 2010 for DS 5th birthday trip.

I am anxiously waiting for the 2014 rates as well. I CAN'T WAIT to book my DD 5th birthday trip. Last I was there was in 2010 for DS 5th birthday trip.

It's defeinitely time to go back! There's so many new things to see since you were there last.

I wish they would hurry up...this wait :hourglass is KILLING me! I have a room only booked already for next May but I want to know how much extra I need with these price hikes :eek:

I've heard rates will be available late July early August. Me and my mom are the planners in my family of 12 including extended family. We plan to go back in may 2014 if you guys get any updates of when rates will be available please post :)

This thread may be the place to ask a few questions...

Based on your experiences and opinions, is there any danger or downside to making a room only reservation prior to being able to book a package? If you book room only and then convert to a package later, do you lose any "standing" with the room allocation Gods, or anyone else? If you change from a room only to a package, does that change constitute a "cancellation" and re-booking?

Here's the scenario... My lovely bride and I are finally going to be able to go back to WDW in April of 2014. Haven't been since 2007. We know what resort we want and that we want to pay for a preferred location. If we make that ressy now as a room only one, then convert to a package in July, will we go back into the melting pot as a scratch level "new" booking or do keep what had already been assigned to us? Do special requests made as part of a room only reservation stay in the record if you convert to a package later?

I know that seems like a lot of questions but I dont know enough of the Disney veteran tongue to be very precise or efficient. Please help.

Troy Crow:faint:

This thread may be the place to ask a few questions...

Based on your experiences and opinions, is there any danger or downside to making a room only reservation prior to being able to book a package? If you book room only and then convert to a package later, do you lose any "standing" with the room allocation Gods, or anyone else? If you change from a room only to a package, does that change constitute a "cancellation" and re-booking?

Here's the scenario... My lovely bride and I are finally going to be able to go back to WDW in April of 2014. Haven't been since 2007. We know what resort we want and that we want to pay for a preferred location. If we make that ressy now as a room only one, then convert to a package in July, will we go back into the melting pot as a scratch level "new" booking or do keep what had already been assigned to us? Do special requests made as part of a room only reservation stay in the record if you convert to a package later?

I know that seems like a lot of questions but I dont know enough of the Disney veteran tongue to be very precise or efficient. Please help.

Troy Crow:faint:

If you really want to book a package, then I'd say wait until the package prices are published.

If you were to book a room only reservation now, you can't simply convert the room only to a package. The room only reservation would have to be cancelled and a request for your deposit refund be made.

Then, you'd have to book a package and pay the $200 deposit (this has been the package deposit for many years but is subject to change).

With a room only reservation, you must pay a deposit equal to one night's stay and pay the balance upon arrival. With a package, you pay the package deposit of $200 and the balance must be paid off 45 days prior to your arrival.

I make all of my requests after I book our package. I do that by calling them after the reservations are made. Please note that your requests are just that "requests". Having said that, I've always had my requests granted. Make sure that you don't have too many requests and that they are in the order of importance to you. For example, my mother traveled with us this past trip and it was important for us to have a ground floor room and that our reservations be linked. So, those were my requests. I also call back about a month before we arrive and make sure that my requests are still noted on the reservation.

If you have more questions, feel free to ask.

I think July 11 was when I was able to book last year. If I remember correctly they released the rates a few days prior and bookings opened on 7/11.

I think because of the 180 day ADR mark they try to release the rates in July so that January vacationers don't have to book ADRs before they can even book a trip.

I think July 11 was when I was able to book last year. If I remember correctly they released the rates a few days prior and bookings opened on 7/11.

I think because of the 180 day ADR mark they try to release the rates in July so that January vacationers don't have to book ADRs before they can even book a trip.

That's the same day that I booked our 2013 trip. Hopefully, it will be sooner this year. I am suffering from post Disney blues!

Hoping for early July rather than August announcement! I can't wait to start planning our July 2013 honeymoon in WDW!

I wish they would hurry up...this wait :hourglass is KILLING me! I have a room only booked already for next May but I want to know how much extra I need with these price hikes :eek:

We already have a trip for this August. I'm hoping to get a good BB offer while there to book our next trip.

I hope everyone gets the rates soon. I know last year they were early July. Typically around the first week of August.

We already have a trip for this August. I'm hoping to get a good BB offer while there to book our next trip.

I hope everyone gets the rates soon. I know last year they were early July. Typically around the first week of August.

When we were there a week ago, there was a bounceback offer but it did not include 2014 dates. I wish that it had so I could have booked before leaving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter