2014 - The best is Yet to Come - planning for the Anniversary Trip

She did an AWESOME job, Lois If she waited any longer I was going to post a pic
( much bigger ::yes:: ) I am still overwhelmed with the kindness and the Pixie Dust. I use this bag everyday running around with the absolutes of what I need to bring with me. I usually don't bring one at all just shove things in pockets. I got so many compliments on it.

Oooh, I LOVE that little CM doll!!! What a great idea!

And the bags are beautiful. I love the Tink shadow. That's a lot of fussy cutting to get it so detailed! You have skills and a LOT of patience! And of course Ruthie's would have Pluto, who else? Very nicely done!:thumbsup2

I love the way you put things: "foil the inanimate objects"!:lmao: What a great idea to add to your bag that way. I must think of this for my own bag. I can never hear my phone when it's in my bag. I'm thinking I need something to hang on the outside so I might be able to hear it better.

Well, I hope you got your FP+ by now and that you got things the way you wanted. Hopefully Cale will find it will be handier than he thinks to have these in place.

Thanks for sharing your projects! I hope things at work have settled down a bit for you now. Have a great day!:goodvibes

I am quite proud of the little CM doll. I really do want to make myself one sometime soon.

Things won't really quiet down for about another 2.5 weeks (when school is back in session) but we're surviving.

FP+ is tomorrow. I'm sure that my evening will be filled with fun activities like explaining to Cale that it really will be okay & I can check again...:sad2:

She did an AWESOME job, Lois If she waited any longer I was going to post a pic
( much bigger ::yes:: ) I am still overwhelmed with the kindness and the Pixie Dust. I use this bag everyday running around with the absolutes of what I need to bring with me. I usually don't bring one at all just shove things in pockets. I got so many compliments on it.

Awww, you make me blush.:blush: I'm glad you're getting use out of it.

So we have set up our four major park days FP+

In no particular order, and don't ask me about times, but I do know there's at least a full hour between all of them at the moment. I did this between camp registrations and emails with Cale. I'm surprised I can remember what they even were.

MK
Big Thunder
Space Mountain
7 Dwarfs Mine Train

EPCOT
Soarin'
Maelstrom
Spaceship Earth
(I do remember this time because it's about 2PM. We have dinner at Garden Grill at 5:40 and I thought we could go back to the resort and rest a bit before dinner because right after dinner is MNSSHP)

AK (The last of these is about noon)
Everest
Dinosaur
Safari

HS
Star Tours (Slightly overlaps with lunch at S-FDI, but we'll be back to this ride as many times as we can. Geeks, remember)
Tower of Terror (9:30-10:30 I remember this one because I HATE ToT but promised Cale I'd go with him this trip because he's passed on it the past two trips for me. He doesn't ride alone.)
Midway Mania

Cale wanted me to make sure I told you all that while he is philosophically opposed to the whole preselection of fast passes, he did think it was nice that the dinning times were taken into account & you were informed when things were overlapping

For those of you counting, this leave us 4 full days with NO PLANS. Well, no structured plans. At least one of these days we'll head over to Typhoon Lagoon and we'll be back, as mentioned above, to hit some favored attractions like Star Tours. This is our usual touring style; one park each of the first 4 days and then pick ups along the rest of the time, whether we're there 2 more days or 4 more days.

Life wise, it's been a week at work for both Cale and I. The summer has finally caught up with us and is starting to wear thing on things like nerves and attitudes. And i just found out that the carpet in my office is being replaced the first week in September. I have to clean it now. :scared: But, this too shall pass, and we have the knowledge that we will be returning to the happiest place on earth in September.

Glad you got your fp selections out of the way. That was very magnanimous of Cale to concede a positive point regarding FP.:cool2:

It's nice to have some unstructured days. I think it's easier for a couple to do this than a family. That's one of the many perks of being just the two of us on our trips. If we hadn't had to change dates, Dan and I would have been glad to ride ToT with Cale while you held our backpack! We ride it over and over. I'm sorry you don't like it, but it's very brave of you to go with him this trip.

Have a great weekend!

Glad you got your fp selections out of the way. That was very magnanimous of Cale to concede a positive point regarding FP.:cool2:

It's nice to have some unstructured days. I think it's easier for a couple to do this than a family. That's one of the many perks of being just the two of us on our trips. If we hadn't had to change dates, Dan and I would have been glad to ride ToT with Cale while you held our backpack! We ride it over and over. I'm sorry you don't like it, but it's very brave of you to go with him this trip.

Have a great weekend!

That's what I thought: it was so kind of him to begrudgingly - very begrudgingly - admit there is a tiny positive spot. :rotfl:

I love having the unstructured days. Cale's more of a -this is what we're doing today, although (you might have noticed) in a very open ended way. It's just been the last couple of years where he's been okay with kicking back at the resort or waking up on a "pick up day" and deciding that while we were originally going to do X why don't we do Y instead.

We have friends who have children and we volunteered/were volunteered to be assistants on their WDW trips when they happen in 3-5 years, and I know that the way we tour will be very different. I keep stressing that to one of our friends...she has plans that I know she'll want to change when she gets down there. Well, we've got a couple of years to work on her. :scratchin
Cale's going to work on a "propaganda" video to highlight some of the fun kid activities as well as things that will appeal to mom and dad.

We never took our kids to Disney when they were young. Just couldn't afford it. But now, taking our grandkids when each of them turns five is showing us just how different our trip is with them in tow. Not bad, just different. We love seeing it through their eyes and we are honestly seeing attractions in a different light as well. I had never ridden Dumbo or Flying Carpets or Triceratop Spin before just to name a few. I think a film by Cale would be a grand idea! Have your friends ever been to Disney before?

Wow Ruth! I missed a lot - I am so sorry... Especially when I was anxiously awaiting the posting of your doll...

I adore it, btw... It's beautful! I cannot believe you made her - that is just awesome!

Love the bags! I bet Ruthie loves her's too... The fabrics you used were perfect - I love how they coordinate together!

The cord keeper thingy is awesome too... I could have used one (or 3) of those, but instead, I just got 2 retractable cords... However, V has a different charger for her phone then the rest of us do - so I might end up making one for her... If I have the time. LOL

Your FP selections look great! I think it's awesome that you have 4 days with out structured plans... I am not sure i could ever do that? LOL You are going to have a great time regardless - and after your summer - I know you need it! :thumbsup2

D~

We never took our kids to Disney when they were young. Just couldn't afford it. But now, taking our grandkids when each of them turns five is showing us just how different our trip is with them in tow. Not bad, just different. We love seeing it through their eyes and we are honestly seeing attractions in a different light as well. I had never ridden Dumbo or Flying Carpets or Triceratop Spin before just to name a few. I think a film by Cale would be a grand idea! Have your friends ever been to Disney before?

I think, MAYBE, one of the couples have been to the MK. But the ones we will absolutely be going with are completely clueless. It's kind of cute - He's really quiet and a kind of "go with the flow" but he'll do anything for his girls. She's much more outgoing and very "book nerd" but is coming to realize that while her little girls are definitely going to be brought up by her to be bookish, outside influences (an aunt and grandma, I believe) may drag her into the world of Disney, one way or another. She's starting researching and has mentioned a few things that she's interested in.

Wow Ruth! I missed a lot - I am so sorry... Especially when I was anxiously awaiting the posting of your doll...

I adore it, btw... It's beautful! I cannot believe you made her - that is just awesome!

Love the bags! I bet Ruthie loves her's too... The fabrics you used were perfect - I love how they coordinate together!

The cord keeper thingy is awesome too... I could have used one (or 3) of those, but instead, I just got 2 retractable cords... However, V has a different charger for her phone then the rest of us do - so I might end up making one for her... If I have the time. LOL

Your FP selections look great! I think it's awesome that you have 4 days with out structured plans... I am not sure i could ever do that? LOL You are going to have a great time regardless - and after your summer - I know you need it! :thumbsup2

D~

You know, I had completely forgotten that I was going to post the latest doll I made. Mostly because I forgot to take pictures :( The one posted here is a couple of years old and one of my favorites.

Oh, there are some tentative plans on those four days: Typhoon Lagoon, Mini Golf, Resort Hopping (If we don't make it to visit AoA, one of us may explode) Pick up days (doing/redoing favorites that were missed or just need doing again.) We'll go to the DownTown Disney area at least once as well. But with just the two of us, we'll wake up one morning and go, "You know what I'm craving? Shwarma - Let's go to Epcot for lunch" or something and viola, there's the plan for the day.

On a crafty note: to help get me in the mood (not really necessary) spur my own stuff I want to make and speed the time from now til September, I've signed up for a Disney Themed swap on another site. I always get the head shake from Cale when I sign up for them, and sometimes I need it - the last swap I was in saw me making a 2" embroidery. That's some tiny stitching. :sad2: I'll probably post some pictures here too.

Yes, please post the pictures. I've never done a swap, but it sounds fun. I would love to see the latest doll too.:goodvibes

I hope work is not as crazy as it's been for you. I feel a little guilty because Dan is working soooo many hours and I stay at home. I do things, I just can take a break whenever I want and I don't have to put up with people being idiots. Nice gig!:thumbsup2

Have a great weekend!

We have received the receipt of payment in full!! We did that this weekend to help with my stress level.

In an effort to be at least able to walk half a day at WDW, I signed up on the August Fitness Challenge over on the W.I.SH. board for a tiny goal of 600 minutes. My hope is that not only will I reach this ridiculously small goal, I will exceed it and improve my over all fitness. So far: 30 minute walk at lunch today and my week-night walks with T, which can be anywhere from 10-25 minutes, depending on when I get home, how hungry he is, what scents lure him away and weather.

Cale too has been on a fitness kick. He always walks (weather permitting) during his breaks and he's started doing some light weight work. It's working for him because his shorts don't fit and actually fell down this week. :rotfl2: It was at home, so no public lewdness took place, but I was having a very bad day and the laugh did me good. Now, my darling husband has what we politely call a "Gentleman Farmer's Body:" Big barrel chest, little waist, flat - straight down from the spine to the thighs - butt and delicate ankles - hopefully you're getting the picture here. So, when he takes off his belt around the house, if he's not careful...the shorts are decorating his ankles. Which I find much funnier than he does. :lmao:

I've been working on a prototype for my swap partner. I think I have it visualized: now I need to make a pattern. I have to take pictures for the swap, so I'll definitely post pictures when I get them done.
Oh - and I traced one of my favorite tank/camis to upcycle some t-shirts into cooler WDW wear.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: for Paid In Full what a stress reliever for you

So funny about Cale's shorts. That actually happened to me ON MY BACK DECK about 4 years ago thank God there is only woods behind me I would have died. So glad it didn't happen in the front of the house
like out to get the mail or something!

Not so funny is my body since then, :sad1: those shorts are so tight I can't even zipper or button them anymore. So disgusted.

I am SO proud of you for joining the W.I.S.H. challenge Go for it, get yourself in condition now as it is so much harder as each decade goes by.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: for Paid In Full what a stress reliever for you

So funny about Cale's shorts. That actually happened to me ON MY BACK DECK about 4 years ago thank God there is only woods behind me I would have died. So glad it didn't happen in the front of the house
like out to get the mail or something!

Not so funny is my body since then, :sad1: those shorts are so tight I can't even zipper or button them anymore. So disgusted.

I am SO proud of you for joining the W.I.S.H. challenge Go for it, get yourself in condition now as it is so much harder as each decade goes by.

I know the feeling about being disgusted with where the body is...thus the challenge.
I'm trying to take the stairs more than the elevator at work these days as well. I could take the parking deck stairs from where I park on level E all the way down to level 1 - that's equivalent to 6 stories - but I don't think my asthma will let me.

How's your walking coming? Good for you for putting forth the effort! I thought I would get lots of walking in before our trip, but that's not happening. It's not the weight as much as the getting used to being on my feet for long periods and walking so much. Of course losing weight would be a big plus! I wish I had Cale's problem!

You promised a pic of your newest doll…I'm waiting…patiently…:rolleyes1popcorn::

Hope your prototype has worked out for you on paper. If I could only get my hands to cooperate with the visions in my brain I would be good to go! I'm not holding my breath. :sad2:

Well, I hope you are having a good weekend and getting in lots of relaxation. School should be starting soon (if it hasn't already in your area) so hopefully you'll be getting a bit of a breather at work. :goodvibes

How's your walking coming? Good for you for putting forth the effort! I thought I would get lots of walking in before our trip, but that's not happening. It's not the weight as much as the getting used to being on my feet for long periods and walking so much. Of course losing weight would be a big plus! I wish I had Cale's problem!

You promised a pic of your newest doll…I'm waiting…patiently…:rolleyes1popcorn::

Hope your prototype has worked out for you on paper. If I could only get my hands to cooperate with the visions in my brain I would be good to go! I'm not holding my breath. :sad2:

Well, I hope you are having a good weekend and getting in lots of relaxation. School should be starting soon (if it hasn't already in your area) so hopefully you'll be getting a bit of a breather at work. :goodvibes

Cale is currently on a plateau and doesn't feel like he's loosing enough. I keep telling him that I can tell even if he doesn't.

Ahhh, Uhm.. about the latest doll...i forgot to take pictures before I sent her to her new home. :rolleyes1 I can take pictures of the practice doll...I've still got her. Which, as I think of it, it not a bad idea.

The walking has not gone as well as I'd like. I was going to start seriously this week, even did a full up and down the stairs on Monday. And then Monday night I ended up in an Urgent Care place with a nasty UTI, which I'm just now getting my energy back. At work I've been in marathon meetings, which is good that I haven't had to do anything strenuous. I've been helping out my sister, the part time zoo keeper (Really!) who has 3 guinea pigs, a gecko and a hedgehog while she's been on vacation. To culminate my week, my Mom aggravated her back and I spent half the day at her orthopedist yesterday (we also ran a couple of errands.)

All in all, I'm a little depressed about not being able to continue walking.

Get the email today. Cale's been ulcerating for them for a week and a half and was about to get on the phone with WDW and demand they send them.

Yes, this is the same man who was curmudgeonly about the whole idea.:lmao:

Plateaus are the pits! I'm sure he's looking good. After all, his shorts did fall down, right?!

Oh my, you've been busy and not in a good way. Hate, hate UTIs! Used to get them frequently, but not so much any more. Don't be too down on yourself about the walking. Life happens. You still have time before your trip. As a matter of fact, so do I. Let's see what we can do.

Hope you have a great week!

Well, I may be a bit biased, but he's always looked good. :lovestruc

Somehow (probably the carb cutting I've been doing) I have lost almost 5 pounds, so I feel a little accomplishment even without the walking.

Magic Bands Are Here!! - arrived almost 24 hours after the email. Cale pulled them out from the secure stashing place Saturday night and that's when he realized they were labeled with our names. He was impressed. less impressed with how it fit on his wrist. It'll take some getting used to.
I need to make a wrist guard or cover thing, like D~ made, but first I need to finish the swap I signed up for.

And walk.

Quick fly by to see how you're doing. Congrats on the 5 lbs lost! Yep, those carbs will do it to us every time!

Yay on getting the mb so quickly. It was something like 5 or 6 days after the email that they arrived. I was thinking they got hijacked or something! I still need to make a band for them. If I get the time that is. Hope you'll post a pic if you get them made for yours.

Have a great day!

I realize that I have been MIA lately. Don't take it personally, DIS, I usually check in when on my lunch break, but currently my computer is sitting, unconnected to anything, in my Boss's office because my office is getting new carpet.

I am exhausted. We closed the center for a week to do deep cleaning and replace the carpeting in the lobby. (Kind of hard to do that when there's kids running all over it) Deep cleaning has, to date, included cleaning all the plexiglass on a single level (and if you're wondering how much that is, next time you're at a museum, count all the plexiglass on cases, displays, informative signed, etc. The number will rhyme with nifty) vacuuming out the electronic components of exhibits, scrubbing walls, scrubbing baseboards, Scrubbing chairs, washing windows...and so on. I'm calling it training for Disney because I've been coming home feeling like you do on about day 4 of a WDW trip.

And on top of that I've been fighting some kind of infection or something so I haven't been feeling 100 percent. But I did get some things done for the swap I signed up for. I'm sending almost a week late, but I am sending!!!

And now for pictures (sorry Lois, I keep forgetting to take pictures of the doll:blush:)

This is the Most Disney Mouse thing I've Ever Made: It's a big tote bag (18"x18.5") The lining is yellow with little white dots.
224061_06Sep14_DSC04132.JPG

A little round pouch, the other side has a zipper so you can put stuff in it.
224061_06Sep14_DSC04123.JPG

A cubed pouch with a button "hidden Mickey"
224061_06Sep14_DSC04127.JPG

I also dabbled in fabric painting with this UP inspired sweatshirt.
224061_06Sep14_DSC04115.JPG

All of these goodies are headed to my swap partner. I am now free to make things for the trip!! which is only 12 days away.:scared1:

So the list is:
Deadpool bag
reconstruct at least one t-shirt into a tank
Magic Band cover/guard

And we need to call the vet for boarding of the pets, start gathering clothes, go over the medicine bag contents, clean the house a bit, and you know, all the getting ready to go on vacation stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter