2014 MP Hopefuls!!!

OK, are you going to share or is it a secret?:goodvibes

About time, we were worried about you!!!!!;)Hope everything is good with your neighborhood & friends

:flower3: Im finally feeling better, even though still pretty sad:sad1:, but I'll get over it-what else can I do! I hope everyone is feeling better & not so upset. I know its rough, especially when your heart is set on something, we were all there, It's like having a baby---you forget the pain & do it again, just like we will again for the 2014 MP!!!!!!:grouphug: Glad we have a place to share & spend the nexy year together! Don't forget a lot of us use Twitter & Facebook, come on over!:thumbsup2

Hey Dawn! Glad you're here. :cool1:

I am still pretty sad, but after that good :sad: yesterday, I am much better.
I haven't been on Twitter and FB much since Tuesday, I will get on there eventually. :thumbsup2

I am keeping busy with projects around the house and some volunteer work, so that has helped get the MP off my mind for now. ;)

I normally go on the WDW site and Allears every day, and read several blogs, but I haven't since Tuesday. My heart just isn't in it. :sad1: I have 17 messages in email and FB from people with WDW questions, I really need to get back to the 6 families I owe itineraries too, but I need a break! ::yes:: I am going to start on those Saturday, whether I want to or not, because I promised those people I would help them. I just don't want to do a half-assed job, so that's why I am taking a few days to "recover".

I still think we should do a mom's weekend! All us rejects can meet up, party, put those pink pj's on and drink around the World!:cool1: We would have so much fun. Maybe I will try to plan something like that for late Spring, once we all know each other better? Would any one be open to that idea? party:

I think it would be cool to go to WDW with a bunch of experts like us! :yay:

Just got a disappointing phone call. Back in June of 2006, my grandmother was diagnosed with bone cancer. Her doctor told her that there was nothing that could be done and to go home and wait to die. My grandmother, not being one to go down without a fight, went to MD Anderson for a second opinion. Less than a year later, she was in remission. She has been going back for her check ups. 6 weeks ago, they detected the cancer protein in her at >.1. As of yesterday, it was at .1. This means her cancer is back. On the plus side, this is not a bad number, she kicked cancer's tail before and she can do it again. On the negative side, well, it's still cancer. They have put her on 50 mg of Thalomid. In a month, if she has tolerated it well, they will up it to 100mg. Not sure how this will affect our trip in early December. She has so been looking forward to it, though. If you are the praying type, please send up a prayer for her. If prayer isn't your thing, please think good thoughts.

Oh Jenna, I am so sorry! Sending thoughts and prayers to your grandma and family :grouphug:

I completely sympathize with you. We have lost many, many people in my DH's family to cancer, some won their fight, and some are still fighting, me included. :sad1:

It sounds like she is a very strong lady though! And I bet she will try extra hard to stay strong and healthy so that you can all be together on vacation in December. :thumbsup2

Prayers and positive thoughts, that's all you can do. ;)

Originally Posted by logpey
It's like having a baby---you forget the pain & do it again, just like we will again for the 2014 MP!!!!!!

DAWN!!! You are crazy. I love it.
:cool1::dance3::rotfl::lmao::cheer2:

I'm so sorry to hear that. :( Cancer is one thing I unfortunately know all too well with family members. It never ever gets easier to hear that someone has it or that it's returned. Sending good thoughts to your grandmother and family for a happy and positive outcome!

As far as my 'secret' goes...lol...here is the short version:

I started listening to podcasts a couple of years ago, and once I made it to Round 3 I thought it would be an amazing idea to do a Moms Panel Podcast. I'm sure they receive thousands of questions, many that they aren't able to answer because they just can't get to all of them. Also, I'm not sure if any of you have asked a question of the panel before, but if your question is answered, you get an email notification. My thought was...if 200 people are sending in the same question, only 1 of those persons will get the email notification and the other 199 may just assume their question was never answered and not take the time to do a search on the website to see if someone else has asked that same question. I was thinking that a podcast could reach all of those 200 people at once and answer that same question they all had.

So... instead of waiting until I get onto the panel (if that ever happens), I would like to start an Unofficial Moms Panel (rejects but not really) Podcast. It would include probably 4 people who have gone through this process but not made it yet, helping as many people as possible by answering the most frequently asked questions about WDW.

If anyone is interested in doing this with me you would need a computer with Skype and a headset with a microphone or a separate microphone and earphones. I do have experience podcasting and DH already said he would do the editing for us. It might take awhile to get going on iTunes, but I think eventually we could help a lot of people with trip planning. And who knows??? Maybe it will catch the attention of the powers that be and we could become the OFFICIAL Disney Moms Panel Podcast!

I'd love to have either 2 women and 2 men or at least 1 guy on it so that we can have different perspectives. I was thinking the first 3 episodes would be explaining what the Moms Panel is, going through the process as well as our Disney story and why we want to help people plan their vacations. Then after that, we can scour the web, message boards, etc for the most frequently asked Disney questions and answer about 5 each week. We could also set up an email address so that anyone who wanted to email a question could send us one.

If anyone is interested in doing this crazy thing with me, please let me know! Recording would probably take about 1 hour each week and we could set it on a day and time that works for whoever is involved.

Is this crazy?

Maybe it is.. but I've thought it would be a great idea for a long time, and I don't want to wait until I make the panel to suggest it.

I looked on iTunes, and there are a lot of Disney podcasts. BUT I haven't seen one that is dedicated to explaining the Moms Panel process and just answering questions, so I think we would be unique. What do you think? Am I nuts?

I would LOVE to do that!!! It would be so much fun! And, give us some practice WHEN we make the Panel next year!!! It would probably give us a leg up too! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Thank you all for the wonderful thoughts, prayers, and kind words. Her attitude couldn't be any better. She says that she feels great, the number is low, and she beat it before so she knows how to do it again. Also says that she goes back to the doctor the week before our trip and that she will be taking our trip because he will have fantastic news for her. She's a rather remarkable lady.

I love this idea. Also, and you may not want to go this route, but since you aren't affiliated with Disney officially, you can give tips on things that aren't exactly Disney policy. For example, we are doing a split stay this December to take advantage of free dining. We are staying at Pop for 2 nights and then going to POR for the rest of our vacation. Since our package is with POR, the person on the phone kept insisting that we would not be able to get our tickets until we checked in at POR. Now, all Disers know this to be untrue, but they have to say what the policy is. With you not being affiliated with Disney, you will be able to give these bits of info out.

Exactly! We've done split stays before, and they are a lot simpler to plan than people think! :thumbsup2

That's like I have some great secrets on stuff like -- how to get in to the park before opening, withOUT a breakfast reservation! :cool1:

I certainly couldn't tell anyone that if I was on the panel!

Sounds awesome! I'd listen to it...and I've got a question as well, which I saw on twitter but I figure y'all could answer.
Do you have to have been to WDW in the previous year to apply even if you aren't applying under that sub specialty? Or if you're applying DCL or ABD do those types of trips count. I'd always assumed you need those specialized trips on top of WDW visits but after seeing the question I wasn't so sure...
So do you?

Nope! just has to be a Disney Park/property/cruise ship! :thumbsup2

For anyone in the Greater Toronto Area, southern Ontario, western New York, and beyond, a group of us on FB are organizing a meet/lunch get together on Saturday, November 17, 2012, at The Disney Store (where else?) in the Square One Shopping Centre in Mississauga, Ontario. From there, we are planning to go to a nearby restaurant for lunch.

So far, we are expecting 8 or 10 people. We are hoping that Kirsten from the Moms Panel will be able to join us. :thumbsup2

Everyone is welcome - the more the merrier! Check in on the Mickey Moms Super Group on Facebook or let us know on here!

Oooh! That sounds like fun! I am not sure if I can make it, but I will let you know :thumbsup2

Yay!! Thank you all SO much for the kind words and interest!! Today has been busy, but I'll send PMs to those of you who said you'd be interested in actually being on the podcast so we can exchange emails and start the ball rolling. I was thinking we could start recording right away as I have DH figure out what we need to actually get it onto iTunes. (he's good with the technical stuff) :-) I'll write an outline of things we'll talk about on the first episode and also come up with a schedule of following ones so that everyone knows what we're talking about lol. Excited!!:cool1:

I'm so sorry to hear that. :( Cancer is one thing I unfortunately know all too well with family members. It never ever gets easier to hear that someone has it or that it's returned. Sending good thoughts to your grandmother and family for a happy and positive outcome!

I started listening to podcasts a couple of years ago, and once I made it to Round 3 I thought it would be an amazing idea to do a Moms Panel Podcast. I'm sure they receive thousands of questions, many that they aren't able to answer because they just can't get to all of them. Also, I'm not sure if any of you have asked a question of the panel before, but if your question is answered, you get an email notification. My thought was...if 200 people are sending in the same question, only 1 of those persons will get the email notification and the other 199 may just assume their question was never answered and not take the time to do a search on the website to see if someone else has asked that same question. I was thinking that a podcast could reach all of those 200 people at once and answer that same question they all had.

So... instead of waiting until I get onto the panel (if that ever happens), I would like to start an Unofficial Moms Panel (rejects but not really) Podcast. It would include probably 4 people who have gone through this process but not made it yet, helping as many people as possible by answering the most frequently asked questions about WDW.

If anyone is interested in doing this with me you would need a computer with Skype and a headset with a microphone or a separate microphone and earphones. I do have experience podcasting and DH already said he would do the editing for us. It might take awhile to get going on iTunes, but I think eventually we could help a lot of people with trip planning. And who knows??? Maybe it will catch the attention of the powers that be and we could become the OFFICIAL Disney Moms Panel Podcast!

I'd love to have either 2 women and 2 men or at least 1 guy on it so that we can have different perspectives. I was thinking the first 3 episodes would be explaining what the Moms Panel is, going through the process as well as our Disney story and why we want to help people plan their vacations. Then after that, we can scour the web, message boards, etc for the most frequently asked Disney questions and answer about 5 each week. We could also set up an email address so that anyone who wanted to email a question could send us one.

If anyone is interested in doing this crazy thing with me, please let me know! Recording would probably take about 1 hour each week and we could set it on a day and time that works for whoever is involved.

Is this crazy?

Maybe it is.. but I've thought it would be a great idea for a long time, and I don't want to wait until I make the panel to suggest it.

I looked on iTunes, and there are a lot of Disney podcasts. BUT I haven't seen one that is dedicated to explaining the Moms Panel process and just answering questions, so I think we would be unique. What do you think? Am I nuts?

Cool!!! Sounds interesting!! If you need someone to speak Spanish, I'm your gal!!!

I am still pretty sad, but after that good :sad: yesterday, I am much better.
I haven't been on Twitter and FB much since Tuesday, I will get on there eventually. :thumbsup2

I am keeping busy with projects around the house and some volunteer work, so that has helped get the MP off my mind for now. ;)

I normally go on the WDW site and Allears every day, and read several blogs, but I haven't since Tuesday. My heart just isn't in it. :sad1: I have 17 messages in email and FB from people with WDW questions, I really need to get back to the 6 families I owe itineraries too, but I need a break! ::yes:: I am going to start on those Saturday, whether I want to or not, because I promised those people I would help them. I just don't want to do a half-assed job, so that's why I am taking a few days to "recover".

I still think we should do a mom's weekend! All us rejects can meet up, party, put those pink pj's on and drink around the World!:cool1: We would have so much fun. Maybe I will try to plan something like that for late Spring, once we all know each other better? Would any one be open to that idea? party:

I would love to do it!! I love parties!! And what better party to go to than one at WDW!!

Yay!! Thank you all SO much for the kind words and interest!! Today has been busy, but I'll send PMs to those of you who said you'd be interested in actually being on the podcast so we can exchange emails and start the ball rolling. I was thinking we could start recording right away as I have DH figure out what we need to actually get it onto iTunes. (he's good with the technical stuff) :-) I'll write an outline of things we'll talk about on the first episode and also come up with a schedule of following ones so that everyone knows what we're talking about lol. Excited!!:cool1:

This is so exciting! :cool1: I think it's just what we need to "recover" from being rejected, and still feel like we are a part of something more. :thumbsup2

mmsmom said:
I did want to share that through the disappointment, I received a different type of pixie dust this morning!

I was completing the online check-in for our January cruise on the Dream. As a silver castaway club member, I could've reserved things last Friday, Oct. 26, but perhaps it was getting caught up in John and Laura's tweets that made me forget it completely! :confused3

I was checking for cabanas without any hope, and voila pixiedust: there were still 4, yes 4, family cabanas still available!!! :cool1::dance3::rotfl::yay:

I'm traveling with extended family and friends with linked reservations, so I was able to reserve two next to each other for us! So excited! I've never been able to snag a cabana and now have some Disney magic to celebrate myself!

The cabanas are amazing

mmsmom said:
I did want to share that through the disappointment, I received a different type of pixie dust this morning!

I was completing the online check-in for our January cruise on the Dream. As a silver castaway club member, I could've reserved things last Friday, Oct. 26, but perhaps it was getting caught up in John and Laura's tweets that made me forget it completely! :confused3

I was checking for cabanas without any hope, and voila pixiedust: there were still 4, yes 4, family cabanas still available!!! :cool1::dance3::rotfl::yay:

I'm traveling with extended family and friends with linked reservations, so I was able to reserve two next to each other for us! So excited! I've never been able to snag a cabana and now have some Disney magic to celebrate myself!

Congrats on scoring the cabanas!!!

Hey guys! Things are a little crazy here because most of the gas stations in town are sold out of gas. Thankfully, DH was able to get some tonight but I saw crazy lines all day long and I heard they are only letting emergency vehicles fill up tomorrow. I'm not sure what's going on because our area wasn't hit as hard as we thought it would be so I don't know why we would be running out of gas with crowds of people waiting hours to get it. I thought maybe it was from people coming from NJ or NYC but would they really drive 90 minutes to get gas?

I wanted to send the PMs tonight but things got a little nuts so ill be in touch with you guys over the weekend about the podcasting. In the meantime, if you could think of a day and time that might work for you to record we can try to come up with something that works for all of us.

baseballmickey said:
Was able to go to work tonight. One more step toward normalcy.

That's great! My heart really goes out to everyone who has had a rough time with this storm. It's affected so many people, I really can't imagine how awful it must be to lose your home or worse. I really hope disaster relief efforts can be organized quickly so people don't have to suffer for a long time waiting for help.

I can't relate to this. :confused3 :rotfl2::lmao:
I'm still laughing---sorry, but your wife can relate & I'm sure you get the point, LOL! God bless your neighbors & everyone in the Northeast. hahahahhahahaha. :rotfl:

I would love to participate in some fashion-- if you still have space. I've been to Aulani, WDW, Rundisney events & my first Disney Dream cruise this July 2013.

I'm so glad you had good luck! Have fun & enjoy your cabanas!:thumbsup2

we all know each other better? Would any one be open to that idea? party:

Uh yeah, I just had one at WDW a few weeks ago, it was fun, like a reunion of Disney peeps---some of us have talked for years.::yes::I think they're talking bout' another one in February, I'll find out more info--you might have to be invited (?)....I might run the Princess half in February & I think it would be that weekend, not sure.;)

Originally Posted by logpey
It's like having a baby---you forget the pain & do it again, just like we will again for the 2014 MP!!!!!!
DAWN!!! You are crazy. I love it.
:cool1::dance3::rotfl::lmao::cheer2:

I know I am, been called worse----I'm crazy AWESOME!:stir:::yes::

Was able to go to work tonight. One more step toward normalcy.

That's great, glad things are slowly getting back to normal!#speedup:wizard:

mjaclyn said:

Sounds like so much fun!!! PM sent

Dawn-
I won't be able to go in February, I was thinking late Spring?

I would love to help with the podcast, but I don't have skype or a headset. If there is anything that you think I can help with, though, please let me know. I'm a SAHM, so I am able to work around most schedules.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter