2014 MP Hopefuls!!!

mjaclyn said:
Hey Everybody!! A few days ago I sent messages to those of you who are interested in the podcast. If you haven't had a chance to get back to me, please try to respond by Monday. Ill be sending out another message to everyone who has replied so we can get this going. Thanks again for your interest!!!

Can't wait

Hello everyone! I'm back! After hearing I hadn't moved on to Round 3, I couldn't quite hang too much in the waiting room. Needed some distance, you know???!!! And although I'm very proud of how I handled the no-go, I must confess to a bit of a pang of pain seeing the new members have been chosen. Now don't get me wrong-- I'm incredibly excited for them and will be stalking their training trip reports. But I guess I'm still mourning my loss. Ha!

But this year's process has certainly strengthened my resolve not to give up on this dream of mine-- especially because of having met all the fine folks on this board through the process.

I was going to say good morning to everyone and then I realized that it was afternoon already.

:rotfl2:

I am in a bit of a funk today. I'm not sure why, maybe the cloudy day, maybe coming back to work to a desk full of problems. I don't know.

I think I need another WDW trip to get through. :lmao:

I was going to say good morning to everyone and then I realized that it was afternoon already.

:rotfl2:

I am in a bit of a funk today. I'm not sure why, maybe the cloudy day, maybe coming back to work to a desk full of problems. I don't know.

I think I need another WDW trip to get through. :lmao:

I feel your pain. I've been bummed because one year ago today I was checked into the BWI with my family and we were at Epcot celebrating my mom's birthday at the F&WF. It was the first day of our 8 day trip. I haven't been back since. :(

In the next few days, I'm planning to book an airline ticket for February for the Royal Family 5K so maybe that will make me feel better. It will be a Girls' Weekend so I'm hoping it will be fun as I've never gone without my kids since they've been born.:thumbsup2

I've spent a bit of time catching up on everyone's activities since the board started. Love that the Moms Panel has bound us all together! What a great group...

I noticed some posts about what they'd do differently next year. One thing is for sure-- I'm going to lose weight. Not that I think the fact that I'm "pooh sized" had anything to do with Disney's decision on whether or not to move me along in the process, but I do know that my self-confidence in front of the camera would be greatly increased if I did this for myself! As Amy and Baseball Mickey have mentioned, I too was confident with my essay answers. So I'm definitely going to do some work in the self-improvement department. What's the worst thing that could happen-- I'd lose weight. Ha! I would also plan my hair cut/highlighting schedule more carefully. Note to self-- get this done BEFORE the end of September, not in October!

I'm also kicking around the idea of starting a blog. Again, not because I think Disney cares. But from experience, I know writing is like a muscle and the more you work it, the stronger it gets. Basically what holds me back is the "hook" or subject matter. I have no desire to spend a whole bunch of time, energy and passion only to get lost in the sea of Disney blogs! Just haven't come up with a fresh spin I guess.

I already have my 2014 Moms Panel Qualifying Trip under my belt-- I went to WDW the last week of October. But of course, I think that if I can manage a couple of more trips, that wouldn't hurt my chances at all! ;)

Well, thanks for indulging my "thinking out loud" post. Looking forward to waiting the next 10 months or so out with everyone here!

I did not see who made it. I have not been on the past few days. Were there many from here?

Hope everyone has a great week. Can not believe it is almost thanksgiving. We are going to my parents for a few days then. Thanks to everyone who is keeping my mom on their prayer list.

Hope everyone's doing well. Can't believe this week is half over already. Wasn't it just the weekend???

Saw that the panelists were chosen and while I am very happy for them, I will admit that I wasn't as "moved on" as I thought I was. :lmao:

maybe now it's official??? :confused3

I was really at peace with not moving past round 2. Maybe it helped that I was in the Magic Kingdom waiting in line for my 3 year old to meet Mickey Mouse. No time to be bummed when your child is hugging the big cheese!

Here's to 2014!

Hope everyone's doing well. Can't believe this week is half over already. Wasn't it just the weekend???

Saw that the panelists were chosen and while I am very happy for them, I will admit that I wasn't as "moved on" as I thought I was. :lmao:

You know, I thought I had moved on as well, but yeah....I can't even bring myself to read their excitement over the training trip.

:rolleyes1

I was the same way. But, I'm starting to take a peek into what's going on and curiosity is getting the better of my disappointment these days. I am so resolved to be ready for next year's process!

I need motivation!!! :rotfl2:

My coffee didn't help this morning and all I want to do is play on the internet. I don't have much work to do, but I'd like to get something done today.

If you find some, share the wealth! ;)

I tried coffee, that didn't work.

I tried music, that didn't work.

Of course, now I'm eating and that is REALLY not going to work.

The good thing is, I actually did get a little work done, but not much.

baseballmickey said:

I have to agree with this.. I went back to our 2013 thread and started feeling sad again. I wish I hadn't gotten my hopes up so much to begin with.

baseballmickey said:

I was feeling down as I was reading all of the posts as well. I was most disappointed to learn that there wasn't anyone chosen for rundisney. Idk what that means.... If that makes me feel better or worse..... Will they chose someone next yr are they maybe combining sports mom and rundisney? Idk.....

Just sharing some Pixie Dust with all of you because you're all shining stars in my world!!!! It took me 5 years to make it all the way to the Moms Panel!! Please don't EVER lose sight of your dreams!! :grouphug:

Hi everyone! Just checking in.
Question: have any of you gone to WDW during Easter week? We are trying to avoid taking DS11 out of school, so we want to go somewhere between Good Friday - 3/29 and April 7th. How crazy is it in the parks? Anything else I should keep in mind? Right now, if we were to leave on April 3rd and come home Wed. April 10th, DS11 would miss two days, which is not bad, and I was able to get all my ADR's that I wanted, we can get a room at AoA, and airfare is decent. I need advice! Thanks :cool1:

I've never been during Easter week. I just wanted to say hi! :rotfl2:

I'm not for sure, but I would think that week would be pretty busy. I think the week before Easter and the week after Easter are pretty big spring break weeks.

I'd be torn. I would want to go to WDW really badly, but I wouldn't want to deal with the crowds at all. (Sorry, I'm not much help)

Do you have any other times that might be possible to go?

Amy18 said:
Question: have any of you gone to WDW during Easter week? We are trying to avoid taking DS11 out of school, so we want to go somewhere between Good Friday - 3/29 and April 7th. How crazy is it in the parks? Anything else I should keep in mind? Right now, if we were to leave on April 3rd and come home Wed. April 10th, DS11 would miss two days, which is not bad, and I was able to get all my ADR's that I wanted, we can get a room at AoA, and airfare is decent. I need advice! Thanks :cool1:

Amy,
We usually drive to fl for spring break. We rent a beach house on siesta key but in our way we always stop at disney for a few days. Not knowing what the whole week is like, I can tell you fri and sat before Easter is really really crowded. We usually go in the fall so my kiddos are spoiled.... They are not used to waiting in long lines for rides :)

I'm not sure of the exact day(s), but the past few years during Spring Break at Easter the Magic Kingdom has reached capacity and they wouldn't allow others into the park. That being the case, people didn't leave for fear of not being able to return. :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter